Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: Heinrich on June 09, 2018, 11:14:39 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on June 08, 2018, 12:50:36 AM
Just snuggling in bed with my wife and the 1 year old while listening to my older son play in the other room

Aren't you paralyzed?
yeah but when i go around the block with my family i still call it a walk
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

Drank charcoal to try and throw up, since I was nauseous and had a dizzy head and thought it would help.  I saw it on a show where they were teaching Marines survival skills, and they all immediately threw up when they drank the charcoal (in event of eating something poisonous).  I tried it with grilling charcoal and nothing happened, so I had to make myself gag to throw up the charcoal.  Fun  :o
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Grilling charcoal?!

Activated charcoal mate. They use it for alcohol poisoning too

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Gardener

Please tell us it was just charcoal and not the kind with infused lighter fluid...

Before ingesting charcoal, ask yourself a few questions:

Am I just hungry?
Am I just dehydrated?
Do I have a migraine?

Address those first before trying other methods.

If you must, try making yourself vomit by the ole finger in the throat method. IF you are fed and hydrated, and don't have a migraine, the body likely didn't appreciate something you ate. Just get rid of it. Afterwards, have water and something light like a salad until it subsides. Once it subsides push fat.

Please stop eating grilling charcoal. lol.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

But it was natural hardwood charcoal!!!

Yes, I realize the stupidity of drinking charcoal

drummerboy

Attended my second tae kwon do class

Christina_S

Picked a couple gallons of chokecherries at the park across the street last night. Now they're bubbling away on the stove as I get the jars ready. I'm not too crazy about jelly myself, but it makes a nice gift at Christmastime and such.

Last fall, I made a few giant pots of applesauce to store in the freezer, and my roommate almost killed me. She isn't too sure about my foraging instincts or what I plan to do with that amount of food. But as it turns out, we'll have just enough applesauce to make it until September when I can pick more.  ::)
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

MundaCorMeum

Grilled some burgers and had a dance party with the kids.  Something about singing wagon wheel at the top of your lungs and Cajun dancing just does wonders to release the burden of life when it's heavy. 

Kaesekopf

The workshop I just got back from was amazing.  A week full of aquinas and Catholics who love him. 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Not sure if "fun" is the most appropriate word, but Husband and I attended our first Byzantine Liturgy last night, for the vigil of the Assumption.  It was really reverent and beautiful.  They also did Vespers before Mass, so we got to experience that, as well.  I loved all the iconography, and especially how they have the icon screen separating the laity from the Sanctuary.  There was a lot of chanting, which I thought was quite lovely.  I enjoyed that aspect.  It was different, though.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  I missed having Latin, and there was very little kneeling.  That felt strange, but then I'm just not used to it.  Father gave a nice homily, which included an explanation of an icon depicting the Apostles visiting Our Lady in her Dormition.  The symbolism in iconography is so rich!  It makes me want to learn more about it.

LausTibiChriste

Awesome Munda!

Im slowly making the switch East - I love it

- MaximGun

sedmohradsko

Proud Easterner here.  PM me if either of you have any questions.

Regarding the Dormition icon, did the priest tell the tradition of how the Theotokos' empty tomb was discovered?  It's a beautiful story if you've never heard it.