Who here has received the COVID-19 vaccine?

Started by GiftOfGod, January 06, 2021, 02:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: GiftOfGod on January 06, 2021, 05:40:07 AM
Quote from: diaduit on January 06, 2021, 02:49:36 AM
I still think you're a troll.

Under what conditions did you skip the line for a vaccine that so far this month in most countries is only rolled out for vulnerable elderly and healthcare workers?

You know what I thnk about you. I'm a healthcare worker.

GoG was a bossman yesterday. Keep the larp straight.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Prayerful

Quote from: diaduit on January 07, 2021, 02:28:31 AM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on January 06, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: christulsa on January 06, 2021, 09:19:01 PM
LMAO.  I know what a "health care worker" is.  Because I AM one.  And you sir, I am 100%, are not one.

Helping people stretch barely qualifies as healthcare. A hippy with a yoga instructor certification could do your job and cheaper, too. CMS has cut reimbursement, rightly so, for PT while there has never been a cut to my field.

Call your bluff, name your job title?

GoG aka Walter Mitty is a spoofer.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

christulsa

Quote from: GiftOfGod on January 06, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: christulsa on January 06, 2021, 09:19:01 PM
LMAO.  I know what a "health care worker" is.  Because I AM one.  And you sir, I am 100%, are not one.

Helping people stretch barely qualifies as healthcare. A hippy with a yoga instructor certification could do your job and cheaper, too. CMS has cut reimbursement, rightly so, for PT while there has never been a cut to my field.

Careful your words don't come back on you one day.  If you should ever one day become physically disabled from a stroke, degenerative disorder, car accident, joint replacement, old age, etc, remember this ignorant post.  The odds are significant one day you (all of us) will need a therapist to re-train you how to move in bed, stand up, use the crapper, maneuver a wheelchair, and walk, regardless of your present age or fitness level.   

james03

Risk of dying from the vaccine:  Not zero.  Too early to tell.  Long term side effects unknown.
Under 50, risk of dying WITH COVID: 0.05%
Under 20:  risk of dying from COVID: so low, it's indistinguishable from zero.
Typical COVID case: two days in bed.  Quick recovery except lingering loss of taste for about 2 weeks.  Milder than the flu.  Less annoying than the common cold, where you drip and are stuffy for up to two weeks.

If I were over 75, I'd consider it.  But probably pass.  Not worth the risk.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

GiftOfGod

Quote from: diaduit on January 07, 2021, 02:28:31 AM
Call your bluff, name your job title?

I will not. I'm not going to respond to your posts anymore because you questioning everything I say gets old when I can't respond how I want without getting a ban.

Quote from: Prayerful on January 07, 2021, 02:07:48 PM
GoG was a bossman yesterday. Keep the larp straight.

You don't think healhcare workers are supervised? Ask next time you go to your bariatric clinic.

Quote from: james03 on January 07, 2021, 05:44:24 PM
Risk of dying from the vaccine:  Not zero.  Too early to tell.  Long term side effects unknown.
Under 50, risk of dying WITH COVID: 0.05%
Under 20:  risk of dying from COVID: so low, it's indistinguishable from zero.
Typical COVID case: two days in bed.  Quick recovery except lingering loss of taste for about 2 weeks.  Milder than the flu.  Less annoying than the common cold, where you drip and are stuffy for up to two weeks.

If I were over 75, I'd consider it.  But probably pass.  Not worth the risk.

I agree except that on the "milder than the flu" part. COVID is a scam. Of course I never voice this at work because people in medicine think that this is their Word War II. ::)
But I am willing to risk the vaccine to make my boss happy, get a bonus, and maybe even a promotion.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

james03

I've had the flu.  I've had COVID, though not tested and could have been a weak flu strain.  I believe it was COVID due to timing (last march) and cough.  The flu was really bad.  High fever.  Achy joints.  Slept straight for 24 hours.  Up an hour, then back to bed for another day.  So weak at times I couldn't lift my head.  1 week recovery time.

COVID I was weak and needed bedrest, but after 8 hours of sleep, I'd get up, wrap up in a blanket, and fart around on the internet for an hour.  Then I'd get weak again and go back to bed, but never felt as weak as on the flu.  Lower fever and no joint paint.  Annoying cough that came on you about ever 15 minutes, but you'd cough a few times and be good for awhile.  Tightness in chest was a very weird sensation.  I was on my vitamins and I didn't fart around and went to bed under covers and recovered quickly.

Everyone I've talked to reports similar experience with COVID.  You can even see people live streaming who have COVID.  No way you can do that with the flu.

QuoteI agree except that on the "milder than the flu" part. COVID is a scam.
I'm open to that possibility.  In which case I had mild flu last season.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

King Wenceslas

I met a guy outside a store a few days ago who got the Pfizer vaccine. The only negative reaction he got was a sore arm he said.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: King Wenceslas on January 07, 2021, 07:06:42 PM
I met a guy outside a store a few days ago who got the Pfizer vaccine. The only negative reaction he got was a sore arm he said.

That's common for intramuscular injections.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Acolyte

I don't think I'm going to get the mRNA vaccine. I had covid in early Nov. & recovered at home. Tested positive twice for antibodies. Once in early Dec. and last week as well.

My plan is to get tested for antibodies monthly. As long as I keep testing positive for them I think I'll have to pass on the vaccine.

I'm not glad I got Covid and recovered but one good thing came of it. I'm now on day 61 without a cigarette. I still use patches and smokeless pouches though. Doctors are baffled as to why male smokers seem to fare better than nonsmokers. They think it may be the nicotine with it's anti- inflammatory effect.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

james03

Toughens up your lungs.  They laugh at Covid.

What were your symptoms and how long did it take to recover?

Acolyte

Quote from: james03 on January 07, 2021, 10:22:07 PM
Toughens up your lungs.  They laugh at Covid.

What were your symptoms and how long did it take to recover?
I had every symptom on the CDC list except for trouble breathing and loss of taste and smell. I did have to hit my inhaler a couple of times but it was because I was wheezing and my cough was getting worse. The inhaler helped. Did have a brief episode of chest tightness and what could have been described as trouble breathing but not enough to really scare me.

Woke up with a headache three or four times but Excedrin took care of it.

The worst of it was diarrhea and fatigue. The diarrhea lasted for 13 days but pepto bismal took care of it most times with a single dose for a few hours. Had episodes of nausea. The fatigue was a different kind of fatigue I've never felt before. On day 8 I woke up and my fever was gone and I felt pretty good. So I decided I would rake some leaves since it was so nice that day. And I really wanted to get out of the house. Well, that lasted about 10 minutes and slammed me right back in bed for a few hours. My fever never returned after day 8 but the fatigue lasted about 14 -15 days.

Doc told me to come in after I'd not had a fever for 72 hrs. Pretty sure it was day 11 when I went in. He determined I had a mild case of Covid after asking me several questions. Told me to wait at least three weeks for an antibody test. After it came back positive he said it had to be Covid iho. He has had a few other patients with nearly the same symptoms who did test positive per the swab test right before the got sick.

I tossed my cigarettes the first day I had symptoms and kept the patch on until the day I went to the doctor. My dry cough from smoking before I got sick was infrequent but progressing slowly and I used my inhaler ( Albuterol ) a couple of times a week before I got sick. I haven't used it for the past 40 days or so.

I do still wake up after 8 hours sleep a couple of times a week feeling sort of fatigued like I didn't get enough sleep but after a couple of hours I feel okay. My pulse oximeter shows I'm ok when I wake up feeling like that.

I'm not sure where I caught it. The only place I'm ever near anyone not wearing a mask is at church where half of them don't wear one. And even then I avoid getting anywhere near them. Who knows. It's in the air of every building we step into during the recent surges. Even if the mask keeps it off your nose and mouth it's in your hair, on your clothes, shoes, and on any exposed skin.

I forgot to mention Pepcid. I've been taking it since March as well. So the Pepcid, D3, zinc, and nicotine might have helped me dodge a bullet. I also got a flu shot a month before I got sick. I saw a couple of articles that said the flu shot won't prevent covid-19 infections but it may help by virtue of stimulating your immune system.

I have COPD, high blood pressure barely under control, borderline diabetes, and a BMI of over 35. So could have been worse.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Acolyte on January 08, 2021, 01:40:50 AM
I have COPD, high blood pressure barely under control, borderline diabetes, and a BMI of over 35. So could have been worse.
Wow, you have one foot in the grave.

christulsa

GiftOfGod

Xavier

I wont be receiving the covid vaccine. I believe it is a danger to both soul and body.

Bp. Athanasius and Bp. Vigano, among others, including Bp. Williamson, have mentioned the danger to soul/morality. We are trying to benefit, for the sake of our own health, from murdered babies in on ongoing global genocide. That seems to me to be too close to complicity for comfort. Each must do as their Christian Conscience and Catholic Faith dictates, but for me this is a deal breaker, and all abortive vaccines are out.

But there is also a danger to body/health mentioned by many secular experts, doctors and scientists. MRNA manipulation has never been done before as part of vaccination. It is viewed as highly unethical/unsafe by many of its critics. Plus it usually takes years of testing for a safe and effective vaccine. They haven't done that here, and are using guinea pigs.

Finally, there is no proportionate reason. Covid has a 98.5% survival rate, even overall, for all ages, even among those with pre-existing conditions, even assuming the statistics are 100% accurate. The Covid vaccine could well be more harmful than the virus itself, and given its limited testing, may very well reduce the body's natural immunity rather than strengthen it.

So it's a no from my side.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)