Info Wars: Law expert says Amy Barrett is a deep state trojan horse.

Started by Philip G., September 23, 2020, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: mikemac on September 25, 2020, 03:41:50 PM
"People of Praise was formed in 1971 by Kevin Ranaghan and Paul DeCelles. Both men were involved in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, in which Pentecostal religious experiences such as baptism in the Holy Spirit, speaking in tongues and prophecy were practiced by Catholics. In its early history, it influenced the institutional development of the Catholic Charismatic movement in the United States and played important roles in national charismatic conferences."
See Fr. Ripperger's group pf exorcists and trained laymen on Jesus 911 Youtube channel.  The charismatics end up in their care, and they explain why, and how they work to deliver those souls from such speaking in tongues ministries.  ( you'll need to dig through, and they have long annoying commercials, but the info is good.)

Frank

in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Frank

Sorry - having problems trying to upload an image.
test

works

Frank

Quote from: Frank on September 25, 2020, 04:11:39 AM
Quote from: Greg on September 25, 2020, 03:21:13 AM
Not all people in Opus Dei are deep state actors.  In fact, I doubt more than 0.5% are.

As I said to Dr Blackman of Pikington Brothers when we disagreed on the safety of Glass Reinforced Cement.
"You are entitled to your opinion Dr Blackman and I am entitled to mine."
He started screaming,
"I'll hound you Grimer. I'll hound you, I'll hound you!"
He then burst into tears.

My Deputy Director then said,
"I can't have you speaking to my staff like that!"

Dr Evans of PB suggested the meeting should adjourn, so we all trooped off to the the bog.

Blackman got hold of the Materials Division Head, Dr Gutt, and said,
"That Grimer of yours, he's a communist isn't he" (I wore an Astrakhan hat)
"Oh no," said Gutt."
"He a very good Catholic."

Needless to say in 5 years all the GRC panels failed.

This morning I came across a good example of GRC panels that failed:

Quote from: Frank on October 04, 2020, 03:39:36 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxcdDXBEWbs[/yt]

The blue cladding panels are Pilkington Bros GRC (glass reinforced cement) mentioned
in another thread. The panels failed after 5 years, as predicted, and let lime ooze out
through the cracks to give those disfiguring white streaks.

Every so often the panels would get repainted but within a relatively short space of time
the lime would come squeezing through the cracks again.

Still I will say one thing in their favour. The panels haven't fallen off unlike the soffit panel
under the Taf bridge in Wales,
My most memorable involvement in the aftermath of GRC failure was the time a
Dutch company wrote a letter a letter to BRS asking for help in suing Pilkingtons
for failure of their panels.

I wrote a memo to my division head suggesting that I sent them Note No 10 of
our strength tests showing that the material became completely brittle after 5 years.
Three days later I received a reply to my memo (signed by the Director, Dr Rex Watson,
an assistant director, Dr John Menzies and my division head) that I must under no
circumstances send that Note 10 to the Netherlands.

Being thoroughly pissed off by this I went to my security cabinet, packaged all 10
notes in a large envelope, wrote the Dutch address on the outside and put in the
out tray for the mail room.

Three days later I got a phone call from the firm. A rather conspiratorial voice
thanked for my help.

As for my bosses they never asked and I never said.

On reflection I think they were well aware of what I was likely to do and they just
wanted to cover their arses in case it blew up in their faces. How they would explain
not having checked up to see that the documents (they were all numbered) were
still in my possession, I can't imagine.

If enough people revolted against masks and lockdown the government would
soon find scientific advice to change their policy.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Frank on September 25, 2020, 09:54:26 AM

We need a pope who doesn't care.
A pope who will make the Bishops toe the line.
A pope who will immediately abolish the nervous ordo and restore the mass.
A pope who demands immediate obedience and de-frocks anyone who resists.

IOW, Vigano.

Greg

Impossible - unless the entire college of Cardinals is killed.  He would never get the votes.

He is not electable as not a cardinal.

He is still in hiding.  I'd like a braver man who does not fear death.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Miriam_M

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Miriam_M

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Philip G. on September 25, 2020, 11:55:02 AM
Amy Barrett is widely reported to be a member of the non denominational charismatic group called People of Praise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_of_Praise

Maybe I am mistaken, but this practice by people of praise sounds similar/comparable from what I have heard to how Opus Dei members function. 

The most controversial aspect of the People of Praise is the practice of headship or pastoral leadership, which, according to anthropologist Thomas Csordas, is where "individual members are supervised in their daily lives by a person regarded as more 'spiritually mature.'"[31] Pastoral care is considered an important service within the community; it is believed to foster relationships of love, service and charismatic ministry.[27]:15. Each member has someone called a "head", who acts as a personal adviser. In general, heads give encouragement, correction, and help in decision-making. Men have other men as their heads. Married women are headed by their husbands. Single women and widows usually have other women as their heads. Men and women with the appropriate skills are assigned as heads by the coordinators
My kid attended an Opus Dei affiliated Catholic grade school. It turns out the headmaster was a PoP member. Our former across-the-street Catholic neighbor was employed at the PoP school in the neighborhood.  I can see why there is a bit of confusion or conflation about the two groups, because there is a lot of friendship and shared community as they call it.  Anyway, the practices of the PoP explain the charismatic prayer events on the soccer field led by Headmaster of the headmaster, and a whole lot of high weirdness that one learns to expect in DC.  I had forgotten that the name of the whacked out group the neighbor told me about is PoP; my husband reminded me.  I believe these are overall very sincere but poorly formed Catholics. 
My concerns about Amy's family life are gone; it looks like she's got an elegant, Old Money/Catholic support system sort of unique to New Orleans.  I can see why Trump picked her. This is not going to be someone desperate to move up in the world and dominate or get even for her disordered inclinations- - - it seems far more likely she is ready to serve her country and is not blackmail material.  She already has what people commit crimes in order to get.

Santantonio

She was mentored by the great Antonin Scalia.

Good enough for me.

TradGranny

Quote from: diaduit on September 25, 2020, 02:40:37 AM
I don't know if she is deep state or not, don't know enough about her but one thing I do know, if you are relying on an Opus Dei big wig to cross the floor against the establishment in their particular profession for God, FORGET IT.  They will make the right noises, send out the nice Catholic press releases and that will be it.

He did not claim, nor did he provide any source to suggest that she is Opus Dei. Listen again. It was a smear. He kept saying Opus Dei, but never said (because he has no proof) that she is in any way involved with them. He also provided NO court cases, no opinions that she wrote, or any facts whatsoever to support his attack.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila