The Autism Issue

Started by Insanis, June 18, 2021, 08:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Insanis on June 19, 2021, 05:18:16 AMI didn't think Autism was significant on this forum, yet, some people had used it to try to discredit me.

It may have an indirect affect on the forum because of how it impacts me.  Because of my little sister, I get quite "triggered" by people talking about "beat downs" and "smacking" of others, essentially for being different or "the weird kid".

I do try to keep my emotional reactions to that sort of thing under control, but it goes back to my childhood and is very deeply ingrained.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

diaduit

Quote from: Jayne on June 19, 2021, 04:35:53 AM
Quote from: diaduit on June 19, 2021, 03:49:24 AM
IF you act like an ass then you'll get smacked like an ass.

If you think that promoting and defending Catholic teaching is "acting like an ass" then you are the one with the problem.

Where did I frame, promoting and defending Catholic teaching is "acting like an ass"?  I am specifically talking about his personality and posting style.

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on June 19, 2021, 09:35:01 AMI am specifically talking about his personality and posting style.

You think that "smacking" is the right way to deal with not liking someone's personality?  :eek: You think that people should change their personality because you do not like it?  :huh:

I do not even know how to respond to this.

mikemac

ooooohhhh now I get it, he has autism so we can't get annoyed with his obnoxious behaviour...why didn't you pull the 'protected minority' card before now.

Smack
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

diaduit

Quote from: mikemac on June 20, 2021, 06:49:47 AM
ooooohhhh now I get it, he has autism so we can't get annoyed with his obnoxious behaviour...why didn't you pull the 'protected minority' card before now.

Smack

If you think his posting behaviour aside from his defence of Our Lady of Fatima is ok then smack yourself please.  Go lightly, you're a nice man.

mikemac

Quote from: diaduit on June 20, 2021, 07:06:13 AM

Smack

If you think his posting behaviour aside from his defence of Our Lady of Fatima is ok then smack yourself please.  Go lightly, you're a nice man.

What are you talking about.  You had a problem with Insanis even back when he was defending Our Lady of Fatima.  You were sticking up for the blasphemer back then.  Smack yourself.  And your imagination has run amuck if you think ex Cathedra is Insanis.  That's probably the reason you started that nasty poll.  On a mistake.  Give your head a shake diaduit.
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

Insanis

You post lies and false accusations about me.

Your posting behaviour is atrocious: you perceive things inaccurate or deliberately lie about them.

And it is very strange and uncomfortable for me to interact with people using words like that.

I try to be mindful of the "real person" on the other side of the Internet, and the more that is revealed, the more significant that is, and you are not at all acting like a married Catholic women but I do my best to treat you like one.

However, don't post lies and false accusations about me.

I am conducting myself as a Catholic man who is well informed about the doctrines, devotions, and moral theology of the Church on a forum.

I use the forum: that means I might use it more than others. That is no reason for your responses or behaviour here.

If I made an grievous errors, quote them and link to them in context so we may see, otherwise, making things up is the domain of liars.

Your imagination is not reality.

diaduit

Quote from: mikemac on June 20, 2021, 08:49:21 AM

Smack

What are you talking about.  You had a problem with Insanis even back when he was defending Our Lady of Fatima.  You were sticking up for the blasphemer back then.  Smack yourself.  And your imagination has run amuck if you think ex Cathedra is Insanis.  That's probably the reason you started that nasty poll.  On a mistake.  Give your head a shake diaduit.

Poll was done before ex Cathedra showed up, I'm sure timing of posts etc can verify that.
  I didn't defend anyone as a blasphemer, I just said it is Church teachings that you don't have to believe in private revelation so why was there a very aggressive thread naming one poster and attacking him.  This was actually my first indication that something was seriously wrong with this guy showing up out of the blue and with an attack on a poster who was not going against church teaching.  I have always stated my belief in Fatima and I have said that I feel very sad when I read posts picking it apart.  I am not a theologian or a priest so I don't jump into those threads and btw neither are you guys which is something ye all forget.

Oh and ex Cathedra got banned......hmmmmmm
https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=1181.270

Insanis

Quote from: diaduit on June 21, 2021, 03:23:47 AM

I didn't defend anyone as a blasphemer, I just said it is Church teachings that you don't have to believe in private revelation so why was there a very aggressive thread naming one poster and attacking him.

The blasphemy is not in not accepting private revelations, but in denying Our Lady of Fatima, because even if one doesn't use the title, the title is approved by the Church, and it refers to Our Lady under all her rightful titles.

And yes, you defended and supported a "name poster" who was promoting blasphemy and more.

You thanked this insult without any evidence of hypocrisy.

You actually did support many of my posts on the issue, so I don't think you hold those views at all.

But I do think you put aside higher things and allow your dislike of me to allow you to support others who are in error just because they are attacking me.

You are extremely careless in how you express yourself: you don't actually post accurate descriptions of what I actually post, you make great claims without evidence without concern for the gravity of those claims, and you express outrage of things that are bad to a small degree, and yet, do not realize that you do worse.

You are clearly a "keyword" reader, unable or unwilling to comprehend deeper discussions or context, and you react quite emotionally (probably): it is very ill-suited for moral behaviour in a social forum setting.

Don't be so careless. The more you do it, the more it seems deliberate and calculated.

mikemac

Smack

Poll was done before ex Cathedra showed up, I'm sure timing of posts etc can verify that.
  I didn't defend anyone as a blasphemer, I just said it is Church teachings that you don't have to believe in private revelation so why was there a very aggressive thread naming one poster and attacking him.  This was actually my first indication that something was seriously wrong with this guy showing up out of the blue and with an attack on a poster who was not going against church teaching.  I have always stated my belief in Fatima and I have said that I feel very sad when I read posts picking it apart.  I am not a theologian or a priest so I don't jump into those threads and btw neither are you guys which is something ye all forget.

Yeah I just checked the time stamps for both.  You started the poll on June 19, 2021, 11:50:07 AM and Ex Cathedra first posted the stupid comment for you to separate from your husband later on June 19, 2021, 05:40:53 PM.  You are right.  I am wrong.  I apologize for that.

Although I don't think you understood what the toe to toe argument between Insanis and Gerard was all about.  Gerard was clearly blasphemous and had been posting blasphemy regarding Our Lady of Fatima in this forum for five years.  I am grateful that Insanis held out to the end against Gerard.  Insanis describes what it was about in the first part of his reply #23 above.

Source

diaduit

Quote from: mikemac on June 21, 2021, 06:20:19 PM

Smack

Yeah I just checked the time stamps for both.  You started the poll on June 19, 2021, 11:50:07 AM and Ex Cathedra first posted the stupid comment for you to separate from your husband later on June 19, 2021, 05:40:53 PM.  You are right.  I am wrong.  I apologize for that.

Although I don't think you understood what the toe to toe argument between Insanis and Gerard was all about.  Gerard was clearly blasphemous and had been posting blasphemy regarding Our Lady of Fatima in this forum for five years.  I am grateful that Insanis held out to the end against Gerard.  Insanis describes what it was about in the first part of his reply #23 above.

Thank you MM.

Yes maybe the language gets a bit too high brow for me and ye all know I'm very comfortable admitting that, so forensic arguments are not my forte.  I'm happy for anyone to defend Our Lady of Fatima as I did when I said 70k witnesses to the miracle of the sun is enough for me to believe.  Its the going for the jugular, swamping the forum with endless threads and what I see as hiding behind a truth to attack others while being chuck full of pride in his own holiness.
Have I ever been against any of our usual members for defending Fatima, NO, so please understand it is not a case of not appreciating the nobility of defending HER but the overall forum behaviour of one poster that a fortnight later has disastrous consequences because he has his fan club.
When this forum eventually folds if this poster is not banned, I have NOWHERE for Catholic conversation....NOWHERE.  My parish is far and wide and with chronic restrictions in place more than not, its even harder to have the chat after mass on Sunday or meet up with Catholic friends.  I am desperately sad to see this happen to SD but apparently it is only the wishes of the tag team that count.

Anyway thank you for your apologies as I do like you and have always enjoyed your posts.

Jayne

Quote from: diaduit on June 22, 2021, 03:08:21 AM
When this forum eventually folds if this poster is not banned, I have NOWHERE for Catholic conversation....NOWHERE.  My parish is far and wide and with chronic restrictions in place more than not, its even harder to have the chat after mass on Sunday or meet up with Catholic friends.  I am desperately sad to see this happen to SD but apparently it is only the wishes of the tag team that count.

It was not enough for you to falsely and baselessly accuse Insanis of trolling the forum under a double account.  Now you want to blame him for the end of the forum.

Insanis posted here during the first year of this forum's existence and for years before that at Fisheaters.  Neither of these occasions led to forums folding.  He had the same personality and posting style then that he does now and was able to be a respected and valued member of traditional Catholic forums. This suggests that the problem is not Insanis, but the response to him.

Yes, he is somewhat quirky and "different".  That is not something that should destroy a forum and I question whether a forum that is unable to handle such a member even deserves to survive.  Responses to Insanis have been vicious.  This forum has been drowning in the huge number of posts name-calling, insulting and falsely accusing him of various charges.  These attacks are far worse  than anything that he has posted.  I daresay that these attacks on him do discourage others from participating in or joining this forum.  So yes, it is bad for the forum.

You, at least, have been honest in admitting that you act this way because you dislike his personality and posting style (things that he has little choice in).  Others hypocritically claim to be defending charity.  One poster even made the excuse that Insanis "deserves a beat down". 

If this forum eventually folds over this situation, it will be because many posters here have behaved very badly, not because the moderator refrained from banning a person who had not broken any of the forum rules.  If you end up with nowhere for Catholic conversation, you can blame yourself.  You are one of the posters contributing to the poisonous atmosphere here.

mikemac

Quote from: diaduit on June 22, 2021, 03:08:21 AM
Anyway thank you for your apologies as I do like you and have always enjoyed your posts.

Correction.  It was just one apology, not multiple ones.  And you need to know that the members defending Fatima in this forum were getting nowhere for five years, until Insanis went toe to toe with Gerard.  Now with the new forum rule and a bit of moderation we won't have to deal with that blasphemous crap anymore.

Source

james03

QuoteYou are extremely careless in how you express yourself:

If multiple people are giving you bad feed back, flip that around and apply it to yourself.  See if there is truth in it.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Insanis

Quote from: james03 on June 22, 2021, 08:50:57 PM
QuoteYou are extremely careless in how you express yourself:

If multiple people are giving you bad feed back, flip that around and apply it to yourself.  See if there is truth in it.

This forum (and all forums really) have a selection bias.

For example, go to reddit, make an account, go to /r/news, and post a pro-life statement of any sort on any news story that is relevant.

You are going to get "bad feedback".

On this forum, the "bad feedback" is from the people who fit a profile, and that profile is one that is not very good.

This forum used to be different: you can see how I posted originally and how far more people reacted.

I haven't changed.

The demographics of this forum have.

The bad feedback is from: non-Catholics, blasphemers, heretics, and people who put social niceties above the faith.

The only real criticism people cite directly is that I post more than others and my posts are longer than others, but the accusations and criticism don't say that usually: they accuse me of many things.

In fact, much of the time, people don't even seem to read my posts at all, and use keywords, titles, and assumption in responding.

There is no way to reason with people being unreasonable.

I hope this explains it for you, and going through the forum, I see it is very sick, and it is better for people to post about okra (the top thread for the entire day of my absence). The desire of the people on this forum who give me "bad feedback" is not to use the forum as a forum, but to use it for what they are now accustomed to, and that simply isn't that valuable to me.

The forum has no content, no threads, no spiritual merit, and it doesn't want it.

Besides posting  :pray3: and  :pray2:, people don't want to do anything of value, aside from occasionally post a little in response to something, but that is quite rare.

Self-awareness is lacking: and there is nothing that can be done about it.

This forum is not for active engaged Catholic discourse. It is for the weird niche that the majority of users have found to be what they want, and everybody else gives up with time, or they stick around and try their best.

And I know how you and others will respond, and simply put, have it your way.

I'm not going to use this as a discussion forum, not because I've changed or that I have any particular developmental or medical condition, but because this forum doesn't want it. It is not what it was originally envisioned to be, and I suspect the admin will let the domain expire when it comes time, if not next year, then the next.

I'll use this forum to post occasionally, but not for discussions. And this is the last of this type of post, so remember it if you want, or forget it. It might be a while before people post enough to push my threads down, but you'll see someone else dominate the forum, if at a slower pace.

So, if you read this, thank you. If not, I don't expect most people to anyway, at least, the people who seem to comment the most, don't seem to actually comprehend what they are responding to, sometimes acting like it contained things it did not.

I'm going to post one last thing on my intro thread, which is more or less similar to what I wrote here, and then I am going to use the forum for what I think it is good for.