Question for the Ladies

Started by james03, May 29, 2021, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

"Ripped" was a poor choice of words on my part.  Same thing with being a roy boy (we called weight lifters on steroids that, don't know if it is still used.)  I agree, at a certain point it becomes a negative.

Basically get a V-cut and work on getting nice shoulders and back.  Develop the other muscles to look balanced.  The testosterone boost is also a major benefit.  Don't go below 10% body fat.

You can do a lot with push-ups and pull-ups at home.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

coffeeandcigarette

Firstly, I think James is really talking about attraction, not lust. Big difference.

Secondly, in answer to the OP, I really couldn't have said it better than Munda. I think that women do want sensitive men who seem to care and understand. I don't think that alone will make a great marriage, but it will attract women. I think that is the attraction. Now, I am only guessing, because I have never been attracted to that kind of guy myself.

Side note:  My huge turn-offs are guys who waste time, hang-out online all day, play video games, have no decent hobbies/interests, roid or work out to extremes, Sunday-only Catholics, laziness, and sloppy dressers who think sweatpants and hoodies are clothes.

At this point I have no reason to check into guys, but my daughters are coming of age and I will be pacing outside my house with a rifle and a taser...lol.

MundaCorMeum

QuotePlease note that none of the women answered the question.

I did answer.  I said it's a superficial attraction, based on the idea that these singers come across as understanding and "getting" how we as women think and feel.  Women like to be understood and emotionally affirmed. I also provided far more information than you asked for, because....well, I'm a woman  ;D

Jayne

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on May 31, 2021, 10:23:31 AM
Firstly, I think James is really talking about attraction, not lust. Big difference.

When someone says, "Don't be surprised if the ladies start ripping your clothes off," that sounds like he is talking about lust rather than attraction.

Perhaps it was intended as humorous exaggeration, but I don't think we should treat sin like a joke.  Regardless of what he intended, we cannot blame anyone who understood him to be talking about lust.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 31, 2021, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: JamesPlease note that none of the women answered the question.

I did answer.  I said it's a superficial attraction, based on the idea that these singers come across as understanding and "getting" how we as women think and feel.  Women like to be understood and emotionally affirmed. I also provided far more information than you asked for, because....well, I'm a woman  ;D

I think none of the women answered the way that James wanted us to.  We were supposed to affirm his generalizations about women.  The generalizations do not apply to me and I doubt that they are even true as generalizations.

Anyhow, I question the wisdom of giving advice to men based on what is appealing, in general, to women.  A man only needs one woman, not women in general.  There is a huge variation in women and in what we like.  A man should be himself and find a woman who likes him that way, not try to make himself into someone for women in general.

james03

QuoteSide note:  My huge turn-offs are guys who waste time, hang-out online all day, play video games, have no decent hobbies/interests, roid or work out to extremes, Sunday-only Catholics, laziness, and sloppy dressers who think sweatpants and hoodies are clothes.

That describes most women.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

QuoteAnyhow, I question the wisdom of giving advice to men based on what is appealing, in general, to women.
Advice?  Don't need any.  And if I did, I would not ask the fish for advice, I'd ask a successful fisherman.

I'm looking for an explanation for a glitch in the Matrix.  A man in a relationship who emotes to his woman is not long in that relationship.  It goes against Team Girl dogma to admit this, but it is true.

And yet, we have the trance like phenomenon of women in the presence of emotive singers, especially when they affect a look of pain as they sing.  There's just no explanation for the success of a guy like Prince.

james03

Here's what I can come up with.  First an aside.  When a woman says she wants an emotionally supporting man, the translation is that she wants to be important to a man.  This is why being cold to your woman is very bad.  However crying with her is also death.

Opposites attract, and women don't want their man to be her gal pal.  She wants a man to fill in the missing spots in her life.  Same with a man.  When a man comes home from work and sees the house turned into a home by his wife, and sees her with the kids, there's no stronger motivating factor the next morning when he drags himself out of bed and goes off to work for another day. 

Getting to what I've come up with:
1.  The male singer is actually displaying very masculine traits.  He is "in charge" and "leading" say 50,000 fans in the audience.
2.  He's messed up.  So he has proven potential for success, but there's this nice hole in his life that she can fix and be important to him.
3.  Social proof.  He has approval from 50,000 fans, which confirms that all her girlfriends will be jealous if she gets him.
4.  Since he's messed up, there will be plenty of drama and some good deal of crying with friends.
5.  There's a nice emotional overload cherry on top when he is singing.

None of this is relevant for 99.9% of men.  It's just a glitch in the matrix I've wondered about.

Jayne

Quote from: james03 on May 31, 2021, 12:52:10 PM
Quote from: JayneAnyhow, I question the wisdom of giving advice to men based on what is appealing, in general, to women.
Advice?  Don't need any.  And if I did, I would not ask the fish for advice, I'd ask a successful fisherman.

It looks like you need advice, if you think of finding a life partner as similar to catching fish.  And you should not be giving advice to others either. (which is what I was saying above).

Catching fish is about trying to catch as many fish as possible.  Forming a relationship with a woman is about finding one individual to spend one's life with. At least that is what it should be for the Catholic men who read this forum.

I'm looking for an explanation for a glitch in the Matrix.  A man in a relationship who emotes to his woman is not long in that relationship.  It goes against Team Girl dogma to admit this, but it is true.

And yet, we have the trance like phenomenon of women in the presence of emotive singers, especially when they affect a look of pain as they sing.  There's just no explanation for the success of a guy like Prince.

The explanation is that you don't know what you are talking about.  Why are you making pronouncements as if you are some sort of expert on women?  All your "women think this" and "women like that" is nonsense.  It is also irrelevant to young men looking for a wife.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: james03 on May 31, 2021, 01:16:39 PM
Here's what I can come up with.  First an aside.  When a woman says she wants an emotionally supporting man, the translation is that she wants to be important to a man.  This is why being cold to your woman is very bad.  However crying with her is also death.

Opposites attract, and women don't want their man to be her gal pal.  She wants a man to fill in the missing spots in her life.  Same with a man.  When a man comes home from work and sees the house turned into a home by his wife, and sees her with the kids, there's no stronger motivating factor the next morning when he drags himself out of bed and goes off to work for another day. 

Getting to what I've come up with:
1.  The male singer is actually displaying very masculine traits.  He is "in charge" and "leading" say 50,000 fans in the audience.
2.  He's messed up.  So he has proven potential for success, but there's this nice hole in his life that she can fix and be important to him.
3.  Social proof.  He has approval from 50,000 fans, which confirms that all her girlfriends will be jealous if she gets him.
4.  Since he's messed up, there will be plenty of drama and some good deal of crying with friends.
5.  There's a nice emotional overload cherry on top when he is singing.

None of this is relevant for 99.9% of men.  It's just a glitch in the matrix I've wondered about.

I think it's really very simple. Musical performance can be very sexually suggestive. Even when a song is not explicitly sexual, that "look of pain" you keep mentioning, the deep growling or wailing voice, the tension in the body of the singer... it all evokes the throes of passion. Can you seriously not understand why women are captivated by this on a subconscious level?

[yt][/yt]

james03

QuoteCan you seriously not understand why women are captivated by this on a subconscious level?

Breakthrough.

Thanks.

james03

QuoteCatching fish is about trying to catch as many fish as possible.  Forming a relationship with a woman is about finding one individual to spend one's life with. At least that is what it should be for the Catholic men who read this forum.
Trophy bass vs. jug fishing for catfish.  I'm not asking on advice to form a relationship or even attracting females.  I was wondering about a glitch in the matrix, and now my question has been answered to my satisfaction.

james03

QuoteAnd you should not be giving advice to others either.

Here you are completely wrong.  My three main works have been in response to threats against the Faith, especially the young Catholics.

1.  My first book came about because I recognized the appeal of Ayn Rand to Catholics hearing Marxist poison preached to them from the pulpit.  It was very dangerous as she is 95% correct.  Economics of Catholic Subsidiarity was an answer to Rand.

2.  The second work was when I realized there was nothing in the Catholic arsenal to combat atheism.  The information is there spread over many books and writings, or in dense philosophical tomes.  I paid my daughter to write a book and prepare a homeschool course to combat atheism.  Her book and course were used at least one Catholic school I know of.  She has converted many atheists and I asked her to create the book from what she learned from street level combat.

3.  My third work is an answer to the Secular Red Pill.  Many Catholic young men, some raised by single moms, know nothing about being a man.  They easily stumble upon the Secular Red Pill and find answers, because 95% of it is correct, the worst kind of poison.  The main message being "be the best version of yourself".  In fact, in my book I warn men that my discussion on women is secondary and if they don't follow the advise in the first section, they will fail.

There are many threats against the youth and I am happy with what I have achieved.

Jayne

Quote from: james03 on May 31, 2021, 02:24:22 PMMany Catholic young men, some raised by single moms, know nothing about being a man.  They easily stumble upon the Secular Red Pill and find answers, because 95% of it is correct, the worst kind of poison.  The main message being "be the best version of yourself".  In fact, in my book I warn men that my discussion on women is secondary and if they don't follow the advise in the first section, they will fail.

So you've written a book.  So what?  If your advice in your book about women is anything like what you are saying here, you are not helping your readers.  Perhaps, if you do another edition, you could leave out the discussion on women.  It sounds like it is not an important part of the book anyhow.

TheReturnofLive

Honestly, this revelation blew my mind, taking me months to comprehend this fact, but it's implications about life and the typical person really made me cynical and kind of depressed; people will hold opposite and conflicting morals and viewpoints when it comes to group dynamics v. individual dynamics.

Not much people really do much introspection about what they believe, even if they are inconsistent on the same exact thing.

There's a ton of women out there who will constantly advocate how toxic it is that men repress their emotions, yet will have a ton of fun bantering guys as pansies for showing vulnerability; some going so far to demonstrate physical repulsion to it.

It's so funny that so much women constantly advocate for the destruction of traditional gender roles but then only date people who fit the mold of the "big tough handsome breadwinner"
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis