The Church Courtyard > Ask a Traditionalist

Side income tax question

(1/2) > >>

Heinrich:
Whatís the right thing to do? Tutoring $, cash. Prolly <1k. To Claim or not to claim? That is the question.

TandJ:
Iíd claim it. I think the limit is 600 that you donít. I think there are differing opinions on if income tax is obligatory in conscience

VivaCristoRey:

--- Quote from: TandJ on May 01, 2021, 01:18:12 AM ---Iíd claim it. I think the limit is 600 that you donít. I think there are differing opinions on if income tax is obligatory in conscience

--- End quote ---

I'd report it as well.  Whether the income tax is obligatory on a moral level, the current regime in the United States is likely to use fishing expeditions to find something to charge critics with.  I might be pretty unlikely to fall on their radar but it is hardly impossible that I might cross one of them, and then (purely coincidental, of course) end up audited, followed with being a guest of the State.

Melkor:
Not in the US so maybe itís different, but I would not claim it. Itís cash so under the table. No moral obligation to claim it I believe.

james03:
Cash under the table?  The Feds aren't concerned.  There is no moral obligation to do anything for a corrupt mafia "government".  If the mafia was shaking you down taking 5% cut of your revenue, would you diligently report everything to the mafia?  There's no difference between the Feds and the mafia.  I just comply at the point of a gun or for other prudent reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version