Looking for a statue of Our Lady,

Started by diaduit, October 29, 2020, 03:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Hi
I'm looking for a statue of Our Lady 12" to 16" max for my little house altar. 
I love any that have Madonna and Child and in particular Our Lady of Victories. No plastic bases or plastic bodies, must be a proper (is it chalk statue?)

I have a budget but will pay for a good quality statue and postage. 

Lynne

I'm sorry, I can't recommend anything as all that I know of is in the US and shipping cost would be crazy!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Prayerful

In normal times this would be easy. Say for example, there is (or was) a small shop near the problematically refurbished Longford Cathedral (it was burnt and much was restored, but a lot of bad liturgical furniture appeared) with a few statutes in different sizes. I'll send on anything I spot.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

diaduit

CaptCrunch73

Have you looked in any local second hand stores?

I found some AMAZING pictures Jesus and His Sacred Heart and Mary and her Immaculate Heart in one of my local "junk" stoires. There was an entire stack of them at the time, I got some nice frames on Ebay and they now adorn my home alter.

Also, I have seen some Catholic stuff getting dumped on the For Sale section on Craigslist. Older folks pass on and their children are just looking to dump stuff.

When, at all, possible I like to save good old Catholic stuff.
"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
-- Thomas Aquinas

"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning, the middle, and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

diaduit

Our charity shops are closed at the moment with lockdown. I ordered some lovely wooden pictures and they're on their way. Can't wait. :)