red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

red solo cup

Vetus Ordo

Bethlehem, Palestine, 1912.

Written on the wall: The Real Singer Sewing Machine.

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Prayerful

Quote from: Jacob on August 25, 2018, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 25, 2018, 12:38:11 AM
Sanctuary is way cluttered in that second pic!  :O

V2 council fathers would freak out at that pic. :D

They would have been 'triggered.'
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Josephine87

Is that the women's traditional dress or are they religious?
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Josephine87 on May 06, 2019, 11:35:55 AM
Is that the women's traditional dress or are they religious?

It was the traditional dress in Bethlehem for Muslim and Christian women, I believe.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Vetus Ordo

The castle surrounding the medieval Serbian monastery Manasija located in central Serbia, built in the 15th century between 1406 and 1418 as an endowment of Serbian ruler Stefan Lazarevi?.

The castle consists of 11 towers, strong defensive walls and a gate. It was built as a defense against the invading Ottoman Turks. Inside the complex, archaeologists have discovered remains of many medieval buildings with numerous valuable findings, including medieval pottery, stone decorations and objects for everyday use. The monastery is famous for its beautiful frescoes and manuscripts, and in the 15th century it allegedly had a library with more than 20 000 books.

Vetus Ordo

German soldiers in WW2 kneeling before the Sacred Host:

Vetus Ordo

The central quarters and the Acropolis of Constantinople with the Imperial Palace, the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia, and the Mese Street.

Sempronius

Nice, wouldnt mind being a fisherman in that town. With a house somewhere on the outskirts, many children, faithful wife, many relatives that live nearby if not in the same house. Lots of spinach  ::)... growing in the backyard. Not even a hippie could dream up a more ecological lifestyle.

Dont know if its a Catholic state, but if it is then I dont need to travel with my horse and cart 2 hours for my TLM.

mikemac

Constantinople is now Istanbul.  There are still five Catholic Churches in Istanbul.  Although most of your neighbours would be Muslim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Roman_Catholic_churches_in_Istanbul
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm guessing that the image that Vetus posted predates the Islamic conquest of Byzantium and perhaps also the schism between the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. Even so, you would not generally have had access to a Tridentine mass, but rather the Divine Liturgy, unless of course you traveled outside of the city walls to the Genoese or Venetian colonies.

Vetus Ordo

The Umayyad Mosque, previously the Cathedral of Damascus. When John Damascene was still a minister of the Caliph, the latter converted the Cathedral into a Mosque around the year AD 710 and just before the great assault on Constantinople some years later. This action might have caused the resignation of John Damascene and his retreat into the monastery of Saint Sabbas near Jerusalem.