Cheese Rolling - Taking my family here before they ban it

Started by Greg, December 12, 2023, 08:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Never seen this live.  I will attend Spring 2024 before some health and safety prick bans it.

Almost 100 years old.

Want to come along Clau Clau?  Not far from you.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Melkor

Lol when I was in college the communications instructor was talking about this to us. We ended watching it some of it. It's nuts. Supposedly some people can hit over 60 mph going down the hill. I think a Canadian won last year.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

drummerboy

I work in a cheese warehouse.  Falling cheese can be quite dangerous  :P  8)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

The Curt Jester

Quote from: drummerboy on December 13, 2023, 08:22:40 AMI work in a cheese warehouse.  Falling cheese can be quite dangerous  :P  8)

Do you get an employee discount?
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Greg

Quote from: drummerboy on December 13, 2023, 08:22:40 AMI work in a cheese warehouse.  Falling cheese can be quite dangerous  :P  8)

The National Cheese Emporium?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Acolyte

Real Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, aged at least 24 months.

Good stuff  :cheesehead:
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

dueSicilie

Quote from: Acolyte on December 13, 2023, 04:42:52 PMReal Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, aged at least 24 months.

Pecorino Romano is better

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dueSicilie

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 14, 2023, 08:29:33 AM
Quote from: dueSicilie on December 14, 2023, 07:26:07 AM
Quote from: Acolyte on December 13, 2023, 04:42:52 PMReal Italian Parmigiano Reggiano, aged at least 24 months.

Heresy.

Pecorino Romano is Roman, the see of Rome is indefectible, therefore Romano is the Mother and Teacher of all Cheeses.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on December 13, 2023, 11:00:22 AM

The National Cheese Emporium?

Lol.  No, nothing that exciting sounding sadly

drummerboy

Quote from: The Curt Jester on December 13, 2023, 10:41:05 AM

Do you get an employee discount?

Yep.  We can buy it at cost

drummerboy

Parmesan and Asiago are both unbelievably hard cheeses.  You need some special hard core grinding machines to make shaker parmesan.  Incidentally my hometown also makes the powdered cheese for Kraft instant Mac n' Cheese.

dueSicilie

Quote from: drummerboy on December 14, 2023, 10:08:01 AM

Parmesan and Asiago are both unbelievably hard cheeses.  You need some special hard core grinding machines to make shaker parmesan.  Incidentally my hometown also makes the powdered cheese for Kraft instant Mac n' Cheese.

Is it as crumbly and grainy as the real stuff?

drummerboy

I think most of the stuff sold in the States is at least 1 year old.  So I'd say no.   It's still a solid block.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: dueSicilie on December 14, 2023, 08:40:20 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 14, 2023, 08:29:33 AM
Quote from: dueSicilie on December 14, 2023, 07:26:07 AM

Heresy.

Pecorino Romano is Roman, the see of Rome is undetectable, therefore Romano is the Mother and Teacher of all Cheeses.

Our Lady told us Herself that Rome will become the Seat of the Antichrist

Not Parma, Reggio etc.

Ergo, your argument is invalid.

I win. Let's eat some Parm  :cheesehead:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie