Preconciliar Breviary

Started by discalced, June 11, 2020, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Also, there's a youtube channel with a playlist of videos on singing the hymns of the LOBVM.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR7cOUX2gl7rc5SoNvS6NrnsDf6ChWuub
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

I have a 1932 Divine Office that's meant for use with the Discalced Carmelite nuns.  I got it at a used book sale for free a few years ago. I took it solely because I didn't want it to get thrown away.  I've never used it, and likely never will.  While I love the Carmelites, I am not drawn to living their spirituality in my daily life.
You are welcome to have it for the price of shipping, if you want it.  It's in really good shape, and I can post some pictures if you are interested. 

queen.saints

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on June 16, 2020, 09:46:21 PM
I have a 1932 Divine Office that's meant for use with the Discalced Carmelite nuns.  I got it at a used book sale for free a few years ago. I took it solely because I didn't want it to get thrown away.  I've never used it, and likely never will.  While I love the Carmelites, I am not drawn to living their spirituality in my daily life.
You are welcome to have it for the price of shipping, if you want it.  It's in really good shape, and I can post some pictures if you are interested.

Whoa, that's incredibly valuable. It's hard to find even much later editions of a specific rite's Divine Office.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: queen.saints on June 17, 2020, 03:03:26 AM

Whoa, that's incredibly valuable. It's hard to find even much later editions of a specific rite's Divine Office.

If he doesn't want it, you can have it  :)

discalced

Wow, that's incredibly generous. Absolutely - I would love that. Thank you so much. I just PM'd you.
Residuum revertetur!

Climbing Carmel