WEEKLY Group Rosary - Saturday Evenings

Started by Kaesekopf, November 15, 2017, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on December 24, 2017, 07:12:51 PM
I couldn't make it yesterday.

Did anyone show up?

I was there for 8pm, but arrived a couple minutes late.  By that time I was the only one there.  I waited for about ten minutes but nobody else turned up so I left.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Jayne on December 24, 2017, 11:43:09 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on December 24, 2017, 07:12:51 PM
I couldn't make it yesterday.

Did anyone show up?

I was there for 8pm, but arrived a couple minutes late.  By that time I was the only one there.  I waited for about ten minutes but nobody else turned up so I left.

That's a shame.

Let's see if we can get on track next Saturday.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jacob

Is anyone interested in picking this back up?

For myself, I have had something come up and would not be able to make the 8pm time, and I have seen that the 10pm time is the less popular of the two.  Would a different time be preferable to trying to resume at Saturday at 8 and 10 (North American Eastern Time)?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Jayne

I am interested and am pretty flexible about time, although 10 is on the late side for me. 

It really needs somebody to shepherd it through its initial stages, doing things such as posting reminders and being there to greet people.  Once it becomes well-established with a core group it won't need so much attention, but I think it needs somebody (preferably a man) to get it established.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jayne on February 11, 2018, 03:24:14 PM
I am interested and am pretty flexible about time, although 10 is on the late side for me. 

It really needs somebody to shepherd it through its initial stages, doing things such as posting reminders and being there to greet people.  Once it becomes well-established with a core group it won't need so much attention, but I think it needs somebody (preferably a man) to get it established.

Yes to this entirely.  I'd recommend a team of two or three guys to take this on, so if one is busy randomly, the other two can step up.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Have you guys considered doing a free to call into conference call or something similar? 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jacob

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 11, 2018, 03:34:52 PM
Have you guys considered doing a free to call into conference call or something similar?

If you're asking me, then no, since I can't call in.

Jayne, agreed.  8pm would work for me any other day of the week except Saturday as it was and has resumed being the evening I am in contact with my parent in a chatroom for our weekly catch-up.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Vetus Ordo

Sorry.

I've been away for a while. I've been busy with work and family matters.

I hope this initiative doesn't die out.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jacob

I will be around tonight, Thursday, at 8PM Eastern Time.  Join me if you want.
--Neal Stephenson