Catholic father of 6 advising Trump on Supreme Court Nomination

Started by Greg, July 07, 2018, 01:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Xavier

God grant it be pro-life Catholic mom of 7 Mrs. Amy Barrett. She is already praised by Catholics and Evangelicals alike. We discussed some other reasons on the other threads. Her nomination could mark the end of abortion in America and may very well lead to our Evangelical friends becoming better disposed to the Catholic Church. God grant there be a resurgence of Catholic Christianity as well.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Sempronius

Women doing the fighting then. I bet many women get jelous when they see a still cute, fit middle age successful lawyer with seven kids. Ticking all the right boxes.

mikemac

Good news.

The miracle is that Trump became pro life after he threw his hat into the ring.

I wonder what or who changed his mind?  Melania?  Support from the Federalist Society?
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jmartyr

Can't see the wonderful Susan Collins voting her through.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

james03

QuoteI wonder what or who changed his mind?

Roger Stone was asked this question and he replied it was after Barron was born (or perhaps it was the ultrasounds?).  At least the start of the conversion.

QuoteHer nomination could mark the end of abortion in America
A huge step, but we'd be 5-4.  Judge Roberts is obviously blackmailed.  He's a sharp cookie, so there is no conceivable way he could have ruled in favor of Obamacare.  Calling it a "tax" immediately invalidates it as it was started in the Senate.  He knows that.  He also voted against DOMA.  I think they have some pictures of him doing unsavory acts with sheep.

Luckily you have two more very ancient libs on the court.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteI bet many women get jelous when they see a still cute, fit middle age successful lawyer with seven kids.
Libs will be jealous.  Others will note that she missed out on raising her 7 kids.  I hope wearing a black robe and reading legal documents was worth the trade.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Xavier on July 07, 2018, 01:25:16 AM
God grant it be pro-life Catholic mom of 7 Mrs. Amy Barrett. She is already praised by Catholics and Evangelicals alike. We discussed some other reasons on the other threads. Her nomination could mark the end of abortion in America and may very well lead to our Evangelical friends becoming better disposed to the Catholic Church. God grant there be a resurgence of Catholic Christianity as well.

A Charismatic?

Goodness, NO! 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Richard Malcolm

Quote from: mikemac on July 07, 2018, 08:43:27 AM
Good news.

I wonder what or who changed his mind?  Melania?  Support from the Federalist Society?

It might just be that it ticks off all the right people.

But whatever his motivation is, I'll take the results.

Gerard

Good news.

I think it was a slow and gradual process. 

In his 2000 book, "The America We Deserve" he wrote:  "I support a woman's right to choose, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures. When Tim Russert asked me on Meet the Press if I would ban partial-birth abortion, my pro-choice instincts led me to say no. After the show, I consulted two doctors I respect and, upon learning more about this procedure, I have concluded that I would support a ban."

Xavier

1. "According to National Public Radio (NPR), he has reduced the names of the potential nominees to three judges — Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett and Raymond Kethledge. The first two are the top contenders for the position, the report said." I think she may make it, I believe she is God's choice for the current time. I'm praying it will be her. Let's all pray that God's and Mary's will be done. She's also 46, compared to Ginsburg at 85. This means America's judicial future is likely secure for about 40 odd years if she is nominated.

And one life at a time, folks, we can get to the confirmation battles at the proper time. I think Flake retracted and said he would consider support, 3 swung last time, another 3 democrats were considering supporting a reasonable nominee from Trump. Trump has given us everything and more we could reasonably expect. God bless him.

Jesus and Mary make known again and again that the crime of abortion and infanticide wounds and grieves Their Hearts like no other. And no wonder. Stats estimate more than 1.7 billion abortions have been committed worldwide in the last 40 years that we know off. What parent can easily bear the deaths or murder of even 1 of their children without much grief and tears? What, then, must be it like to witness with a Father's broken Heart the deaths and murder of 1.7 billion children? Sacred Scripture speaks of those who "murder a child before his father's eyes". Not to mention abortion also slays the souls of all who commit and support them.

Liberal secularism is a miserable, miserable failure, and is directly responsible for the worst ongoing global genocide and holocaust of souls.

2. Anyway, Next time, we can have pro-life Catholic William Pryor. Barrett herself will be enough to defeat abortion, and someone like Bill Pryor will ensure not only the temporary battle is won but the war permanently as well. He's not in the final 3 or 2 this time.

And come on folks, it'd be great to have a TradCathMomof12 instead. But Mrs. Barrett is about as good as we can reasonably expect from the mainstream Church, or from Trump's list. She's a pro life Catholic and Mother of Seven. She was bullied by Feinstein for a 2006 graduation speech: from Fox, "Feinstein implemented what many called a religious test, blasting Barrett for her deep Catholic faith, calling it "dogma." Feinstein specifically referenced a 2006 graduation speech where Barrett made several references to God. Barrett told graduates: "No matter how exciting any career is, what is it really worth if you don't make it part of a bigger life project to know, love and serve the God who made you?" She'll be fine.

Let's pray at Mass for the crime of abortion to end in America and worldwide.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

VeraeFidei

Quote from: james03 on July 07, 2018, 12:33:29 PM
QuoteI bet many women get jelous when they see a still cute, fit middle age successful lawyer with seven kids.
Libs will be jealous.  Others will note that she missed out on raising her 7 kids.  I hope wearing a black robe and reading legal documents was worth the trade.
This. She has also toed the Kennedy line of, "My Faith will not affect the decisions I make as a Justice." So there's that.

Quote from: Xavier on July 07, 2018, 10:32:00 PM
Jesus and Mary make known again and again that the crime of abortion and infanticide wounds and grieves Their Hearts like no other.
This cannot be true. Heresy is a more grievous crime as it is a crime against God rather than Man, and a sin in the supernatural order, whereas murder is a crime in the natural order.

Greg

I bet after 7 children (5 natural and 2 adopted) she won't let abortion stand.  Regardless of the law.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

TradGranny

Good news.

Prayer. Which is the only thing keeping him alive right now.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Elizabeth

Quote from: Greg on July 08, 2018, 12:51:35 PM
I bet after 7 children (5 natural and 2 adopted) she won't let abortion stand.  Regardless of the law.
No way she'll be for baby killing.  Also she is gorgeous, which is great.