Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

orate

orate

Twenty-four years ago today, my dear mother died.  May she rest in peace.  I still miss you, mom!

Carleendiane

Beautiful, Orate! I miss my mom too. My dad longs to be reunited.

Coffees on. Made some expresso. Now that'll wake you up!  We have 2 acres of leaves. Had two acres. Took the lawn guys hours to get them blown, but it's done. And worth the expense. It would take forever and a day to do by hand.

My dog, Logan, is at a loss here. Poor guy. At the farm he just did what he wanted. Here, he has to be taken for runs so he can explore and get his exercise. There areally walking paths and snowmobile trails all over here. He loves that, but misses his freedom. May return him to the farm. Don't know yet, but it's a better life. Of course we would miss him, but would be happy knowing he would be free again instead of on a chain, or in the house. Though we are outside of town, it's not farm country. Closer to Lake/Resort area. Two acres, but the highway runs in front, and a thoroughfare runs behind us. Never had to worry about traffic on the farm. Miss the farm very much.

Enough about my dog. Have a great day. Really, the expresso is very good.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

orate

Thought I'd stir up the "Good Morning" pot again!

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Carleendiane

A great and holy Sunday to all. First Sunday of advent. A beautiful time of penance and anticipation.

Hubby went back to farm on Thursday to get a few things and remembered to pick up my Christmas decorations. Probably won't do a tree this year. He forgot the stand anyway. But I will enjoy decorating. Will do that after the 20th. Pine boughs are easy to have around here. This is pine country, being so far North. On a clear night you can see Santa packing his sled, lol. I will probably get back for a day between Christmas and New Years. Gotta have a doctor appointment. Few doctors up here and fewer that treat my conditions, so keeping my old doctor. Besides, this move is not permanent. It's for as long as dad hangs in there. I will, a God willing, move right back to my kids/grandkids as soon is my task here is done. Then I won't have to start over at my clinic. It's hard to get established with a new doc. This clinic has been with me through broken leg, knee replacements, stroke aneurysm, and on and on. They know me, they know my history.

Hopefully Bill and Sip will come down for a few days over Christmas. It is very beautiful here. A lovely sight at every turn. The river that cuts through town lengthwise, is gorgeous. This is a marina town, with ships docking and a lovely pier and lighthouse. The river spills into the great lake Huron. The town is surrounded by very large inland lakes. Mullet being the largest and is practically knocking on my back door. Not really, but about 3/4 mile away.There is a wee little village of the rich who have a home on the lake. A restauriant so exclusive you can only go with an invitation from someone in the village. Don't expect I'll ever see the inside of that joint, and have no desire to!

A truly happy Advent to the whole lot of you. Love.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 02, 2018, 10:45:46 AM
A great and holy Sunday to all. First Sunday of advent. A beutitular time of penance and anticipation.

Hubby went back to farm on Thursday to get a few things and remembered to pick up my Christmas decorations. Probably won't do a tree this year. He forgot the stand anyway. But I will enjoy decorating. Will do that after the 20th. Pine boughs are easy to have around here. This is pine country, being so far North. On a clear night you can see Santa packing his sled, lol. I will probably get back for a day between Christmas and New Years. Gotta have a doctor appointment. Few doctors up here and fewer that treat my conditions, so keeping my old doctor. Besides, this move is not permanent. It's for as long as dad hangs in there. I will, a God willing, move right back to my kids/grandkids as soon is my task here is done. Then I won't have to start over at my clinic. It's hard to get established with a new doc. This clinic has been with me through broken leg, knee replacements, stroke aneurysm, and on and on. They know me, they know my history.

Hopefully Bill and Sip will come down for a few days over Christmas. It is very beautiful here. A lovely sight at every turn. The river that cuts through town lengthwise, is gorgeous. This is a marina town, with ships docking and a lovely pier and lighthouse. The river spills into the great lake Huron. The town is surrounded by very large inland lakes. Mullet being the largest and is practically knocking on my back door. Not really, but about 3/4 mile away.There is a wee little village of the rich who have a home on the lake. A restaurine so exclusive you can only go with an invitation from someone in the village. Don't expect I'll ever see the inside of that joint, and have no desire to!

Dear Carleen D.,
I always love reading your posts :thumbsup: Good morning to you, my friend!  :grouphug:

I came across a lovely picture of Bill & Sip (I posted the link in the updates/health-to Bill prayer thread). They are such a lovely couple! God bless them!
I will keep them in my prayers. I love the Church, so pretty!

And I also found a you tube video of Bill's Schola, just heavenly! You are truly blessed, with such a lovely family!

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2018/09/

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2018/05/please-help-injured-tlm-choir-director.html

Have a Happy & Blessed Advent Season! Love, prayers to you as well. :pray2: :pray3:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: orate on November 30, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

Good morning, Orate! :) Thanks for all of your lovely posts.
Have a Blessed & Happy Advent Season! :pray2:

orate

Happy New (Liturgical) Year everyone!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christe Eleison on December 02, 2018, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 02, 2018, 10:45:46 AM
A great and holy Sunday to all. First Sunday of advent. A beutitular time of penance and anticipation.

Hopefully Bill and Sip will come down for a few days over Christmas. It is very beautiful here. A lovely sight at every turn. The river that cuts through town lengthwise, is gorgeous. This is a marina town, with ships docking and a lovely pier and lighthouse. The river spills into the great lake Huron. The town is surrounded by very large inland lakes. Mullet being the largest and is practically knocking on my back door. Not really, but about 3/4 mile away.There is a wee little village of the rich who have a home on the lake. A restaurine so exclusive you can only go with an invitation from someone in the village. Don't expect I'll ever see the inside of that joint, and have no desire to!

Dear Carleen D.,
I always love reading your posts :thumbsup: Good morning to you, my friend!  :grouphug:

I came across a lovely picture of Bill & Sip (I posted the link in the updates/health-to Bill prayer thread). They are such a lovely couple! God bless them!
I will keep them in my prayers. I love the Church, so pretty!

And I also found a you tube video of Bill's Schola, just heavenly! You are truly blessed, with such a lovely family!

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2018/09/

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/2018/05/please-help-injured-tlm-choir-director.html

Have a Happy & Blessed Advent Season! Love, prayers to you as well. :pray2: :pray3:

Dear Christe, thank you. Can't believe you found this stuff. I didn't even know Phil Campbell posted this lovely article. The church pic is a simple side altar, the church itself is beyond lovely. My daughter took some amazing wedding pics (she is a fantastic photograper and  a soprano in the schola. ) I think what you have is a snapshot Phil may  have taken at the reception. They sang a duet at their reception that was very moving. She sings soprano and works with the women in the choir, plus she has directed choirs for years. A match made in heaven.

They are cute together. Bill is 5 '8 and Sip is over 6 foot. They both have a great sense of humor about it. Sip joined the choir before she became Catholic. Bill waited for that to happen before he asked her out. First, he said, he had to know her conversion had nothing to do with a relationship with him. They are a real hoot together. She is a master musician, and is turning into quite a farm girl!  They have so much in common. They have collaborated on several pieces of sacred music performed by their choir.  God has blessed them as they both do His work.

Thanks again. You made my day!

Carleendiane

Christe, could you post the link for Ave Maris Stella? Just the link to the song. Thanks. You can pm me with it, if you don't mind.