Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scowler

Hi Carle

Well, we don't have a whole lot of conversation... after all we can finish each other's sentences. No more individual thoughts... how boring!!! ;) But what can we expect after 30+ years? As for the animals, we only have wild birds in our back yard. They are fun to watch. Especially the hummingbirds. Definitely no cats. They are beautiful, but they are predators. Did you know that they kill about 100 million songbirds every year? And another fact. Here in the States people spend more money on their pets, than the whole third world can spend on medical care... scary thought.

---------------------------------

Hey Per,

I have Zsuzsa's kitchen among my favorites. Oh, well... Next time we can exchange recipes, for example "Hungarian layered potato and egg casserole" (Rakott krumpli) Now that is actually mainlining cholesterol. And it is even better the next day, heated up. Baaaad for you. But the saying is still true: "everything that good is either illegal, immoral or fattening".

Here is a recipe https://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/24/the-temporary-vegetarian-hungarian-potato-and-egg-casserole/ but mine is much better. No butter, rather bacon cut into small pieces, and rendered (on a little oil). No onion either. Then it is mixed up with generous amount of sour cream, and then 5 layers in a large Pyrex or aluminum dish, potato, eggs, potato, eggs and potato. On each layer put the rendered bacon + sour cream. Finally at the end place slices of bacon to cover it. Then into the oven, for about 40 mins. I only use salt, not pepper or paprika.

---------------------------------

As for conscientiousness, it adds up from two aspects. Actually, the score is not too low. When I was still working, I was very conscientious in my job. But not in everyday life. Even at work we were required to wear a shirt and tie, and were not allowed to wear jeans. :) So I did wear a tie, always loose, the neck of the shirt was never buttoned up, and I wore designer jeans... and for shoes, only moccasins ;) That pretty much shows by attitude toward rules and authorities. I do have my seal belt buckled, but it is as loose as it can be - it would not protect me in an accident. As you can see I follow the "letter" of the law, but not the "spirit" of it. Can't stand the "nanny"-state.

Carleendiane

Well, after 40 years we still find an awful lot to say, but then, we both have the gift of gab! Though, I must say, we do finish each other's sentences quite often.

We have for pets, just our dog and barn cat. Both are well cared for, but neither cost us much, because all our money, extra money goes into helping our 6 kids. Never were one to indulge our pets. That being said....our dog does love a good omelete. Joking. Not. And a piece of toast with us in the morning. The sheep, they provide for us.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Morning, my peeps! Get up! Get it done, just don't wake up Dymphna. Hopefully she is sleeping, poor thing. And Munda? Well with all she has on her plate right now, I how she got a wee bit more rest than usual!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 07, 2018, 07:51:05 AM
Morning, my peeps! Get up! Get it done, just don't wake up Dymphna. Hopefully she is sleeping, poor thing. And Munda? Well with all she has on her plate right now, I how she got a wee bit more rest than usual!

I actually did sleep pretty well last night, Deo Gratias!  And, the kids took care of breakfast this morning, so that was a treat, too.  Bagels with cream cheese, and a fried egg on top.  I even did French Press coffee today, because...why not?  Have you ever tried a coffee frother??

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 07, 2018, 08:02:29 AM

I actually did sleep pretty well last night, Deo Gratias!  And, the kids took care of breakfast this morning, so that was a treat, too.  Bagels with cream cheese, and a fried egg on top.  I even did French Press coffee today, because...why not?  Have you ever tried a coffee frother??

A YOU HAVE A COFFEE FROTHER????? What is it? Probably whips bubbles into it?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 07, 2018, 08:05:18 AM

I do!!  I won it at a Christmas party this past year. IT'S AMAZING!  I put some 1/2 n 1/2 in my cup with a little sugar, then use the frother to, yes, whip it in to a bubbly froth.  Then, pour warm coffee on top.  It's pretty great. Something about it that makes coffee even better (who knew that was even possible?!)

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 07, 2018, 08:12:26 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 07, 2018, 08:05:18 AM

I do!!  I won it at a Christmas party this past year. IT'S AMAZING!  I put some 1/2 n 1/2 in my cup with a little sugar, then use the frother to, yes, whip it in to a bubbly froth.  Then, pour warm coffee on top.  It's pretty great. Something about it that makes coffee even better (who knew that was even possible?!)

Oh yum, imagine using heavy whipping cream! What a pleasure. I want one of those!

Scowler

Here is another trick for all you coffee lovers. Especially for those who do not "frown" on instant coffee. Take your cup and put your preferred amount of sugar and coffee in it. Take your hot water, and pour it into the mix one droplet at a time, making sure that it will not turn into liquefied form too soon. As you keep stirring it, it will change from dark brown to light brown and then to warm yellow. When you like the color and the texture, you can pour the hot water in, and enjoy a very satisfying cream-coffee - without any cream in it. As for the amounts, I use 2 teaspoonfuls of sugar and two teaspoonfuls of instant coffee in a regular 2dl cup. The water is about 1.5 dl. YMMV ;) Currently I use Kroger's coffee, the regular kind, but of course it works with decaf, too.

I use a glass cup, because I like to see what I am about to drink. :) I don't even have a ceramic cup.

Enjoy!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Scowler on February 07, 2018, 09:14:13 AM
Here is another trick for all you coffee lovers. Especially for those who do not "frown" on instant coffee. Take your cup and put your preferred amount of sugar and coffee in it. Take your hot water, and pour it into the mix one droplet at a time, making sure that it will not turn into liquefied form too soon. As you keep stirring it, it will change from dark brown to light brown and then to warm yellow. When you like the color and the texture, you can pour the hot water in, and enjoy a very satisfying cream-coffee - without any cream in it. As for the amounts, I use 2 teaspoonfuls of sugar and two teaspoonfuls of instant coffee in a regular 2dl cup. The water is about 1.5 dl. YMMV ;) Currently I use Kroger's coffee, the regular kind, but of course it works with decaf, too.

I use a glass cup, because I like to see what I am about to drink. :) I don't even have a ceramic cup.

Enjoy!

you lost us at "instant"  :ack:   ;)  You started out so promising, too, what with the "coffee lovers" part and all!  And, then, "without any cream"....can't even believe you went there   

Carleendiane

Scowler, I am ashamed to admit my coffee snob ways, but there you have it. You wouldn't think sheep farmers would be coffee snobs. But we are. We went through 4 years of utter poverty, caused by a few factors. But, every single day we enjoyed great coffee. No cream, no sugar, no pastries to accompany it, but by golly we had great coffee, made by a french press. So much we did not have, but we had our coffee, talk time  and birds to watch. A tough time I have no desire to relive, but we found ways to make it bearable! Our Faith was an enormous consolation, along with our kids.

Regina Caeli

Is there any coffee left? I'm still half-asleep and can't afford to be picky.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Regina Caeli on February 07, 2018, 10:08:26 AM
Is there any coffee left? I'm still half-asleep and can't afford to be picky.

REGINA!!!! Of course there is coffee! Help yourself, cream in the fridge. Hope this picks you up. Nice to have you drop in!

Regina Caeli

Bless you, Carleendiane! And good morning!

dymphna17

Good morning all!  It's really sweet of you all not to bother me while I get some sleep.  I'll have to put that on my agenda for the day.  (Note to self:  Go to sleep, dang it!)  I got to sleep some time after 1:30 am and then my sweet Hubby was covering me up and accidentally knocked me in the head.  I came up swinging, not knowing what was going on.  Poor guy.  After that I had too much adrenalin  pumping to go back to sleep.  Oh well.  It's helped me get ahead of my day.  Dishes done - check, bed made - check, bathroom cleaned - check, menu for next week made - check, 4:00 am thread updated at 4:00 am - bzzzzzzz  I guess I'll put that back on the agenda for tomorrow.  In the mean time, I've got peaches and cream oatmeal and a piece of toast with peach preserves on it, so I guess I'm just peachy today!  :lol:  Going to make a big batch of chili for supper.  It's going to be a full day.  Have to get as much done as possible before the next migraine.

I really want to try some of the recipes you all have posted.  Especially those biscuits you brought up Scowler.  Hubby will flip over them.   :)

You all can keep your coffee, I'll just be sure to bring my own Dr Pepper.  Although, I have to say, is there anything they can't do with coffee?  MLG drinks hers intraveneusly, Scowler does interesting things with *gulp, instant, while Munda does hers extra fancy and Carleen shoots hers full of goodness so it will be for adults.  I never could drink coffee.  Love the smell but hate the taste.  I'll stick with my soda, as bad as it is for you, it tastes a whole lot better than water or coffee.   ;)

If you would, maybe say a little prayer for me that I am able to get to the funeral of my friend on Friday.  It's a 2 1/2 hour drive which would be very miserable with a migraine.  Oota would have to do the driving, and well, let's just say driving isn't her strong suit.  Especially in the new dually.   :eek:  God's will be done.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 07, 2018, 10:31:27 AM
Good morning all!  It's really sweet of you all not to bother me while I get some sleep.  I'll have to put that on my agenda for the day.  (Note to self:  Go to sleep, dang it!)  I got to sleep some time after 1:30 am and then my sweet Hubby was covering me up and accidentally knocked me in the head.  I came up swinging, not knowing what was going on.  Poor guy.  After that I had too much adrenalin  pumping to go back to sleep.  Oh well.  It's helped me get ahead of my day.  Dishes done - check, bed made - check, bathroom cleaned - check, menu for next week made - check, 4:00 am thread updated at 4:00 am - bzzzzzzz  I guess I'll put that back on the agenda for tomorrow.  In the mean time, I've got peaches and cream oatmeal and a piece of toast with peach preserves on it, so I guess I'm just peachy today!  :lol:  Going to make a big batch of chili for supper.  It's going to be a full day.  Have to get as much done as possible before the next migraine.

I really want to try some of the recipes you all have posted.  Especially those biscuits you brought up Scowler.  Hubby will flip over them.   :)

You all can keep your coffee, I'll just be sure to bring my own Dr Pepper.  Although, I have to say, is there anything they can't do with coffee?  MLG drinks hers intraveneusly, Scowler does interesting things with *gulp, instant, while Munda does hers extra fancy and Carleen shoots hers full of goodness so it will be for adults.  I never could drink coffee.  Love the smell but hate the taste.  I'll stick with my soda, as bad as it is for you, it tastes a whole lot better than water or coffee.   ;)

If you would, maybe say a little prayer for me that I am able to get to the funeral of my friend on Friday.  It's a 2 1/2 hour drive which would be very miserable with a migraine.  Oota would have to do the driving, and well, let's just say driving isn't her strong suit.  Especially in the new dually.   :eek:  God's will be done.
ouch that sounds like the last thing your head needs
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"