Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Good morning! I've caught a cold, nothing serious, but something I can not complain about and offer it up for all here. I've gotta keep working on my projects. Stay busy then I won't focus on how I feel. Hubby just got over his. Only about a 5 day virus.

I'm sure loving the gift I have for refinishing. It seems tedious, but really, you can get a lot of thinking done out in the garage. Have a great Woodburner out there. I need it to keep the products I use from freezing and it makes for a quick dry time after applying my poly.

Now, how about you? What's on your agenda for today? First is get out of bed. Right? :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

I'm not feeling too well this morning, either.  But, I'm taking the opposite approach.....stay in bed, rest, lots of fluids.  Trying to not overdo it, so my body can quickly fight it off before it gets full blown.  I still have projects, too, though.  Catching up on some quilting and knitting while I rest.

dymphna17

Oh no!  I'm so sorry you all aren't feeling well.  That really sucks.  What can I do for you?  Chicken soup?  Extra blankets?  Fluff your pillows?  Tell me what you need and I will do my best to make it happen. Make sure you are bundled up if you have to go outside Carleen.  Prayers to St Luke and the Blessed Mother headed your way.  And asking your Guardian Angels to comfort you.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

maryslittlegarden

There is stuff going around at work.. so far I've not picked it up.  Crossing my fingers...
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kephapaulos

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 09, 2017, 12:19:36 PM
There is stuff going around at work.. so far I've not picked it up.  Crossing my fingers...

Fingers and toes crossed!   :pray1:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Please tell me you all didn't get sick because you were at one of these events:  You will want to turn your sound down for this

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnTPyWuNIo[/yt]

This article by The Blaze has a few other videos as well as a story written about it.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/11/08/liberals-lament-the-anniversary-of-trumps-election-with-this-bizarre-protest/

While many Trump supporters are celebrating the one year anniversary of President Trump's shocking victory in the 2016 presidential election, liberals are planning to "scream helplessly at the sky."

What?

Yes, according to Facebook events being planned all over the United States, liberals will be screaming helplessly at the sky to express their anguish and depression over the defeat of Hillary Clinton at the hands of President Trump a year ago.

Really?

Yes, the organizers in Philadelphia explain the event saying, "Let's have a primal scream for the current state of our democracy!"

"Gather together after work at Philadelphia's City Hall, or just scream in solidarity from your own backyard," they add.

Another Facebook event read, "Let it be the scream heard round the world! Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, at precisely 6pm Eastern, 3pm Pacific, LET IT OUT!"
*Snip
?

Carleendiane

I saw a YouTube showing this. Does not your average viewer find this ridiculous?

So about Logan. Again. He hates the time change. About 4:30, he gets antsy. Why? Dinner. He is used to dinner at 5:30. He can't tell time and doesn't know he's been set back an hour. He starts poking the back of my legs at 5. Follows me around and pokes me with his nose. By 5:30, he's groaning, wandering around  like he's lost his way. I assume all dogs are doing this when the time change happens. Can't believe PETA isn't protesting on behalf of my dog and all dogs of america.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 09, 2017, 04:49:36 PM
I saw a YouTube showing this. Does not your average viewer find this ridiculous?

So about Logan. Again. He hates the time change. About 4:30, he gets antsy. Why? Dinner. He is used to dinner at 5:30. He can't tell time and doesn't know he's been set back an hour. He starts poking the back of my legs at 5. Follows me around and pokes me with his nose. By 5:30, he's groaning, wandering around  like he's lost his way. I assume all dogs are doing this when the time change happens. Can't believe PETA isn't protesting on behalf of my dog and all dogs of america.

I know, right?!  How dare they mess up dog's schedules like that.  And for what???  People! Ridiculous, indeed  :P 

Speaking of time change...it's throwing my littles for a loop, too.  After CO-OP this week, three year old son passed out on the dining room table bench  ;D  He had no shame about it, either.  He just splayed out and went to sleep, without leaving room for anyone else to sit or anything.  They also seem to be waking up earlier  :o  But, they are enjoying the darker evenings.  They love to run around outside in the crisp, fall air with flashlights and head lamps.  They sound like maniacs, though.  But, it's good for them.  Colder weather and less daylight time makes them frisky!  They need to burn off all that energy somehow. 

Carleendiane

One year my son bought his nieces and nephews all a head lamps. They ran around like maniacs until we ran out of batteries. I love a good headlamp.

MundaCorMeum

They got them in their Christmas stockings a couple years ago.  They could use replacement this year.  So many hours of fun, and useful, too, when they help their Dad with chores in the evenings

Carleendiane

My grandkids spend a lot of time running around in the dark. Our parties last well into the evening. Choir ends at about 8:30 or 9. They set up for dinner and the kids here just run around, climbing ropes hung from trees, swings and whatever they choose to play. We love it. They play, laugh and create bonds between the families by developing their friendships, sharing interests, such as crochet and art. Legos and reading books together. It's sweet to watch!

Carleendiane

Good morning! Sorry so late. Gotta get back to work on table. We were just gonna refinish the top and paint the bottom, but the wood for legs and braces is too pretty to paint. Gonna go the hard way. :-\

Lumen Christi

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 09, 2017, 03:03:41 PM
Please tell me you all didn't get sick because you were at one of these events:  You will want to turn your sound down for this

So cringy.

Good morning, Carleen!

Carleendiane

Morning Lumen, so happy boyfriend and daughter is there to meet your family and you can be together! As a mom, I enjoyed watching the blooming relationships my children were in as they made their way to the altar.