Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on August 29, 2017, 09:56:14 AM
QuoteNow, the geese on the other hand.....

good watchdogs, right?

re: the ducks
Baby anythings are irresistible.
What is it about animals when they demonstrate trust and affection?  so endearing.  I find it very rewarding with rescued animals who are damaged from abuse or neglect (I'm talking all kinds of species, not just domestic).  What an honor to win their trust with just patience and gentleness, and a large smattering of understanding their behavior and signals :)

I love animals. And yes, to take a poor abused shaking animal and win it's trust is wonderful.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Per, geese as watchdogs, true. There is one endearing thing they do. They are my son's. The actually start squawking upon just hearing sons truck come up the road. Before they see his truck, they know it's his. Cute, huh?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Per, remember when I thought you a guy?  :cheeseheadbeer:

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 29, 2017, 10:26:22 AM
Per, geese as watchdogs, true. There is one endearing thing they do. They are my son's. The actually start squawking upon just hearing sons truck come up the road. Before they see his truck, they know it's his. Cute, huh?

Awwww!!!!  I want one! 
Srsly tho,  read info about their protective instincts and how beneficial to have for guarding + eggs + Christmas dinner  :P.  Not sure I could do the latter - probably buy a slaughtered one from my neighbor instead lol
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 29, 2017, 10:29:37 AM
Per, remember when I thought you a guy?  :cheeseheadbeer:

lol  yes!   You're so sweet, CD.  I never took that as an insult, my friend.  I promise!  That happened on another Catholic forum too (the only ones I join :) ).
It's 100% my fault. I'm sure it's because it takes me a loooooong time to 'be myself'.  Until then, I tend toward very reserved/guarded, perhaps cold. I'm like that IRL too.  The curse of INTP / J's right?  But once I believe I can trust and let my guard down, I tend to be obnoxiously demonstrable.
My dear spouse loves it though - says he has the best of both worlds because I think like a man.  Not sure if that's a compliment  :-\ ,  but we are who we are, and there's somebody for everybody!
Like Bernadette and Akavit!  I'm still tickled about this!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

MundaCorMeum

Coffee's on.  Regular drip pot.  French press broke  :(.  But, it's still good. 

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 30, 2017, 06:49:44 AM
Coffee's on.  Regular drip pot.  French press broke  :(.  But, it's still good.

I may have acquired ,ahem, something to add to the coffee if anyone needs.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

None for me, MLG, but thank you for the offer....maybe on Friday, to kick off the weekend  :)

Also, remember three year olds chalice of scrabble tiles?  Well, today he is stripped down to his skivvies and they are pork'n'beans, if anyone wants breakfast with coffee   ;D

Carleendiane

I'll take a cuppa Munda. Yes. Gotta oil the joints. And I have a fine cream here. MLG, get thee behind me! Whatcha got?

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 30, 2017, 07:21:34 AM
I'll take a cuppa Munda. Yes. Gotta oil the joints. And I have a fine cream here. MLG, get thee behind me! Whatcha got?

I could probably find some Jack Daniels.  Or some Kahlua
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on August 30, 2017, 07:36:15 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 30, 2017, 07:21:34 AM

I could probably find some Jack Daniels.  Or some Kahlua

:coffee: :beer: :coffee:

dymphna17

Good morning everyone!  I wonder what odd piece of life God will send us today.  I had a dream that I was sitting in a cemetery looking at the back of a tapestry that had been put up on the side of a mausoleum.  The only part left to be done was a piece in the upper left side.  It looked very intricate but I couldn't identify a pattern, which was very irritating.  That, and I couldn't figure out who's it was.  There weren't any other one's around and I kept thinking, "If only I had another one to compare it to, I'm sure I could figure this out!"  Then I realized that I couldn't even figure out what kind of material it was made from, let alone tie it to a specific person.  I heard a noise over my shoulder and thought maybe it was the owner of the tapestry and they could explain it to me.  I got really excited and started to turn around, and WOKE UP!!  Waaaaahhhhh!!!  I'm now thinking that that was the tapestry of my life and I can't remember what it looked like.  Maybe if I shut my eyes again it will come back to me...  Nope.  *sigh 

Jack Daniels you say, MLG?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Ok. So. My dog is nuts. Yes he is Per, nuts I tell ya. He has to stay on a chain so he doesn't go visit the neighbors dog and poop in their yard. Mating season has the two dogs howling, yes howling, not barking. Crying like babies. Now my dog has never howled while outside. Until this morning. Ok. He howls in the house but is accompaniment to the music played here. He stretches his neck up and makes the cutest O mouth and sings and sings. But that is cute. On the chain he is like a barking junkyard dog. No offense to all you junkyard dogs.

Carleendiane

Dymph, what a dream! Minever are not nearly so meaning ful. I am usually missing a critical part of my wardrobe, or looking for my purse, or I have trouble finding my way out of a big building. Yours could have meaning. You wake up wanting more...I wake up embarassed.

Hi! Dymph. Hey, did everyone before me call you dymph? In my family of 8 kids, everyone had a nicname.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 30, 2017, 08:01:07 AM
Dymph, what a dream! Minever are not nearly so meaning ful. I am usually missing a critical part of my wardrobe, or looking for my purse, or I have trouble finding my way out of a big building. Yours could have meaning. You wake up wanting more...I wake up embarassed.

Hi! Dymph. Hey, did everyone before me call you dymph? In my family of 8 kids, everyone had a nicname.

Ha!  I have plenty of the embarrassing ones, I just don't tell anybody about them.   ;)   :)  One of the weird things about this dream (one of many!) was that I didn't think about it being of someone's life.  I just kept wondering who it literally belonged to.  But when I woke up, I knew exactly what I was looking at.  Weird.

No, no one ever called me Dymph before you.  I like it though.  It's much easier to say than Dymphna and you'll still get my attention, so it's a win-win!   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica