Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

I too have been waiting for bedtime since 8:00 this morning, when I was so rudely roused out of bed to only to be confronted by 2 young Jehovah Witnesses.  It's always fun to watch them run away after you tell them that you are a Catholic and bring out proof of Tradition (books by St Francis de Sales, St Augustine, Michael Davies +RIP+, etc, beautiful Catholic pictures, the home altar, etc) after they say how much they like this Pope, so it's no problem.  Trying to give them a green scapular and inviting them to use the holy water and to come in to say the rosary before I will listen to them, hastens their speed down the driveway.  Maybe one day they will take me up on my offer.  Who knows, maybe my fresh out of bed, no makeup face, and bed head hair made them run screaming.  Just kidding.  They weren't screaming.   :-X :pray3:

I'm still waiting for sleep though.  At least there is plenty of lightening and thunder to keep things interesting.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Hello! Good morning all! Hope you slept well.

Dymphna, you should be ashamed, scaring the poor gentlemen.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 30, 2017, 08:28:33 AM
Hello! Good morning all! Hope you slept well.

Dymphna, you should be ashamed, scaring the poor gentlemen.

Only ashamed I couldn't convert them.  That will teach them to wake me up by beating on my door like that!  I think the gun kind of freaked them out a bit too.  But when you don't answer the question, "Who is it?", what do you expect?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Good morning. Fresh coffee made. Help yourself to the almond biscotti. What  kind of day are you facing? A hot one?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day for me, so I'm glad it's done.  It would have been my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.  Even earlier this year it had seemed like they might survive for it and we had been hoping to celebrate it with them.  My parents had a double wedding with my aunt and uncle, so I was trying to be happy for them since it was their anniversary too.

I am glad to have all that behind me and am throwing myself into Canada 150 celebrations today.  Although, since I am an introvert, that amounts to wearing my Canada 150 T-shirt and starting a thread about it. 
( https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=18124.0 )
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lydia Purpuraria

Good morning!  Hope everyone's doing well this lovely late morning.

Carleen, I meant to ask you if you had noticed that you had a newcomer find his way (albeit very briefly) a while back onto the "Good Morning!!" thread.  (Well, a newcomer to the thread, obviously, not to the forum, anyway.  Jayne's "Canada 150" posts reminded me of this very important observation.  LOL)

dymphna17

Lydia!  You are looking a little green around the gills!  You must be suffering terribly in that outfit.  Seriously though, I didn't know they made or could wear those in any other colors than black or blue.

I'm looking at a very warm day, but I would be sweating bullets even if it were 30 degrees.  Going to the first Academy Alumni Reunion today.  It's been many, many, many years since I've seen alot of these folks.  Should be interesting if nothing else!   :hide:
?

Carleendiane

Dymphna, be strong, they don't need to see your nervousness. It can be our secret. Hope all goes well and conversation  flows easily for you!  :grouphug: Carleen

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 01, 2017, 01:19:37 PM
Dymphna, be strong, they don't need to see your nervousness. It can be our secret. Hope all goes well and conversation  flows easily for you!  :grouphug: Carleen

You are so sweet!  Thank you.  Got my dress on, shoes on both feet, nails are finally done after 4 tries but now they match my dress, earrings in both ears, teeth are clean, lotion and perfume on, hair curled, makeup on both sides, watch and rings on, let's see, what am I forgetting?  Oh yeah, sleep!  I forgot to sleep last night.  That could be a problem.  Oh well, my chariot awaits!  Never let them see you sweat, right?   :thumbsup:   :seeya:   8)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 01, 2017, 09:48:40 AM

Carleen, I meant to ask you if you had noticed that you had a newcomer find his way (albeit very briefly) a while back onto the "Good Morning!!" thread.  (Well, a newcomer to the thread, obviously, not to the forum, anyway.  Jayne's "Canada 150" posts reminded me of this very important observation.  LOL)

Do you mean Mata, Lydia? I am a bit slow today, you may have to explain.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 01, 2017, 01:48:11 PM

No, I know you've noticed Mata!  (And it's been nice to see him stop by, too.)  The person I'm speaking of has not actually posted in the thread (but has been here at least twice).  That's my hint!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 01, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

No, I know you've noticed Mata!  (And it's been nice to see him stop by, too.)  The person I'm speaking of has not actually posted in the thread (but has been here at least twice).  That's my hint!

Oh! I get it!!!!!! Pheo!!!!! Yes, we are a bit low on masculine charm, which he brought with him. Even Ches has not been visiting. Ocassionally, Mata, Martin, though Chris has been a regular. Yes, Pheo, that was nice. How dense I've been!

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 01, 2017, 10:39:22 AM
Lydia!  You are looking a little green around the gills!  You must be suffering terribly in that outfit.  Seriously though, I didn't know they made or could wear those in any other colors than black or blue.

You're right, Dymphna, it is getting kind of muggy in here.  It's definitely time for a wardrobe change now that the heat's coming back into the forecast, but nothing's struck my fancy yet... avatar slump.   :(   (The green's kind of pretty though, isn't it?  Or ... too vain?  :-[)

QuoteI'm looking at a very warm day, but I would be sweating bullets even if it were 30 degrees.  Going to the first Academy Alumni Reunion today.  It's been many, many, many years since I've seen alot of these folks.  Should be interesting if nothing else!   :hide:

Sometimes it's so strange and awkward to see people you haven't in many years, other times it feels like picking right back up where you left off.  Doesn't it?  (Probably pros and cons to either of those re-meetings, though, depending on the people.) 

I hope you have a really good and interesting time tonight (and that your nervousness is quickly quelled once there).  What is the Academy Alumni anyway, Dymph? 

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on July 01, 2017, 03:55:49 PM

Oh! I get it!!!!!! Pheo!!!!! Yes, we are a bit low on masculine charm, which he brought with him. Even Chest has not been visiting. Ocassionally, Mata, Martin, though Cristina has been a regular. Yes,Pheo, that was nice. How dense I've been!

Oh, Pheo is delightful (and the whole crew of somewhat regular posters), but it's still someone else, Mama.  Let me just say that I am NOT trimming these quotes!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 01, 2017, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on July 01, 2017, 03:55:49 PM

Oh! I get it!!!!!! Pheo!!!!! Yes, we are a bit low on masculine charm, which he brought with him. Even Chest has not been visiting. Ocassionally, Mata, Martin, though Cristina has been a regular. Yes,Pheo, that was nice. How dense I've been!

Oh, Pheo is delightful (and the whole crew of somewhat regular posters), but it's still someone else, Mama.  Let me just say that I am NOT trimming these quotes!

You should "say thanks" to Lydia for her generous hints, Carleen  :whistling: