Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Good morning, Peeps (yes, even you Lynne   ;)  )!

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Why, thank you Dymphna! A lovely pic from a lovely trad. And a lovely friend.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

I did not get a chance to post this morning, but did have a few minutes to spend reading the forum.  It reminded me how much I dislike "roast" humour.  Somehow, hurtful comments are supposed to magically become funny if somebody calls it a roast.  For some reason, the magic never works on me. 

It reminds me of "The Emperor's New Clothes".  Just like nobody wanted to point out that the Emperor was naked, people don't want to point out that the "roast" comments weren't funny.  Because one then risks being accused of lacking a sense of humour.

I think that being kind is more important than being funny.  If that means there is something wrong with my sense of humour, I can live with that.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Up. At em. Don't waste the day. Good morning!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

Good morning, everyone. 

I had a bit of a scare reading the forum this morning.  I read a whole bunch of posts by Greg and thought they were reasonable and well put. I was getting worried that there was something really wrong with me. Then I realized that I was automatically avoiding the threads in which I knew I would disagree with him.  What a relief! 

Carleendiane

Get up. The day will pass you by. GOOD MORNING ALL. Been up for long time. Just forgot to say, good morning.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 29, 2017, 07:41:29 AM
Get up. The day will pass you by. GOOD MORNING ALL. Been up for long time. Just forgot to say, good morning.

Good morning to you too!  Why are you up so early?  Pain?  It's a lovely, stormy morning here.  Gray and drippy with lots of rumbling.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

^ Those are so cute!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 29, 2017, 07:54:22 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 29, 2017, 07:41:29 AM

Good morning to you too!  Why are you up so early?  Pain?  It's a lovely, stormy morning here.  Gray and drippy with lots of rumbling.

I love your pic dymph! Makes me smile. Didn't know there are emoji toys. Cute.

Good morning Bird. Got a project for today?

Jayne

I need a collection of these so I can just wear whichever is appropriate and nobody will need to ask me how I am.  As an introvert, I am always looking for ways to avoid interacting with people.

The other day, my husband took off his sweater and put it around my shoulders and crossed the arms over me, saying, "This is a hug for you to keep."

I said, "It's perfect.  This way I can be alone and still get a hug.  You should market these to introverts.  It is just what we need."

#jaynetheentrepreneur

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on June 29, 2017, 10:10:22 AM

I need a collection of these so I can just wear whichever is appropriate and nobody will need to ask me how I am.  As an introvert, I am always looking for ways to avoid interacting with people.

The other day, my husband took off his sweater and put it around my shoulders and crossed the arms over me, saying, "This is a hug for you to keep."

I said, "It's perfect.  This way I can be alone and still get a hug.  You should market these to introverts.  It is just what we need."

#jaynetheentrepreneur

Good afternoon, Jayne. I love your idea!  Introverts unite. Introvert club dues....donation of one emoji. And one used sweater from a loved one.

MundaCorMeum

Well, I did get out of bed earlier.  I've had insomnia the past couple of nights, and the baby must be growing, because she's been night nursing ALOT.  I'm also just out of steam....been going and going and going and going, with very little reprieve lately.  In addition to that, before I even finished changing the baby's diaper first thing this morning, one of the other children accidentally dropped a large mason jar of water - he was helping little brother get some cereal, and it fell when he was getting milk out of the fridge - and it shattered all over the kitchen floor.  I assured him it was fine....it's just a jar, and let him know it was ok, made sure he hadn't cut himself on broken glass, then cleaned up the mess.  After that, I passed baby to the older kids, and told them I was going back to bed and would remain there for the rest of the day.  And, here I am still....in my pj's and all.  I'm doing absolutely nothing productive today, whatsoever.  Knitting is about all I can muster today.  Maybe a nap soon.  Trying to replenish my energy, so I actually have something useful to give to my family.  So....good morning...meh

Jayne

Munda, I am having that sort of day too.  I got to bed way too late last night (not even especially my fault, this time) and I am soooo sleepy.  I did manage to get dressed but that's about it.  I have been sitting here waiting for bed time.

Bernadette

Quote from: Jayne on June 29, 2017, 11:50:04 AM
I have been sitting here waiting for bed time.

Me, too.  :-\ I've been interacting with people for what feels like all day, and I'm exhausted. I've promised myself ice cream if I hold out until 8:00.
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

Quote from: Bernadette on June 29, 2017, 03:01:32 PM
Quote from: Jayne on June 29, 2017, 11:50:04 AM
I have been sitting here waiting for bed time.

Me, too.  :-\ I've been interacting with people for what feels like all day, and I'm exhausted. I've promised myself ice cream if I hold out until 8:00.

Just one more hour, assuming you are in the same time zone as I am.