Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christina_S on June 07, 2017, 07:52:05 AM
Greetings! Haven't checked in here in a while. I'm giving a presentation at school today, no class tomorrow (study day), and the final exam is on Friday. Then that's 3 more credits in the bag and I'll be over a third done my four year degree. Praise God! Also planning out courses for the fall so that I can get a part time job as well.  :pray1:

Wow Christina! Good for you. What degree are you looking forward to?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Christina_S

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 07, 2017, 07:54:24 AM
Wow Christina! Good for you. What degree are you looking forward to?
BA, Music major, English minor, possibly doing an after-degree in speech pathology. And probably my MRS within the next few years  ;)
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

And a glorious morning it is. Daughter and troops should be here by 11am. Got everything tied down!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning Christina! I see you.

Carleendiane

Good morning Pheo. I'll get you a nice fresh clean glass of water if you'd like.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 08, 2017, 06:43:15 AM
And a glorious morning it is. Daughter and troops should be here by 11am. Got everything tied down!

Oh boy!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Christina_S

Walked to Mass this morning and got some lovely, fresh air. Now studying for tomorrow's exam and going to spend some time with my dad this afternoon.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

Good Morning! Perfect day and I am whipped! Wow! Between getting the garden in and 6 little ones I am just tapped out. I'll be good by tomorrow. Therapy this afternoon, but nothing big today.

Carleendiane

It's just lovely out. Good morning to all! May God bless your day.

Lynne

Yes, it's beautiful here too... Today's the day we put the AC in the window because we're expecting a heat wave during the next 3 days...  :( (I hate hot weather)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on June 10, 2017, 07:25:05 AM
Yes, it's beautiful here too... Today's the day we put the AC in the window because we're expecting a heat wave during the next 3 days...  :( (I hate hot weather)

We are expecting a heat wave soon. I too hate hot. But hurray for AC.

Carleendiane

Good Sunday morning to you all. Holy Day morning. Party this afternoon after Mass. Beer tasting party. Son will have girlfriends parents out here. Should be fun.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 11, 2017, 06:47:38 AM
Good Sunday morning to you all. Holy Day morning. Party this afternoon after Mass. Beer tasting party. Son will have girlfriends parents out here. Should be fun.

Good morning Miss Carleen!  A beer tasting party eh?  Do you all make your own beer?  Oooo and the 'rents will be over too?  You'll have to tell me all about it when they leave.  I look forward to the details!  Here's my contribution to the party;  :cheeseheadbeer:  and if that flavor with cheese isn't to your liking, there is always this;  :beer:  Have fun!!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 11, 2017, 07:50:01 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on June 11, 2017, 06:47:38 AM

Good morning Miss Carleen!  A beer tasting party eh?  Do you all make your own beer?  Oooo and the 'rents will be over too?  You'll have to tell me all about it when they leave.  I look forward to the details!  Here's my contribution to the party;  :cheeseheadbeer:  and if that flavor with cheese isn't to your liking, there is always this;  :beer:  Have fun!!

Well dymph, everyone here is invited. Oops, for got to mention that. Price of admission.....a six pack of any kind of summer beer. Preferably not one that is well known. God bless you. Hope to see you. How's that Ole Thing we call a head today?

Carleendiane

Well just about ready to leave for our 12:15 Mass. Better not for get my fan. Me thinks it will be hot for this girl.