Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Good morning all!!! Got to go to doctors this morn. But AL least it close. 35 min away. Just ordinary doc. Guess I have to see her after any hospitalization says my insurance. Well at least I can go over meds. Don't know what else for. But I did want to check into medical marijuana. Just ask some questions about it. Is that bad? Thought maybe it could help. Don't know.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Lots of paperwork.  Fr what I've heard it takes a long time. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 06:36:37 AM
Good morning all!!! Got to go to doctors this morn. But AL least it close. 35 min away. Just ordinary doc. Guess I have to see her after any hospitalization says my insurance. Well at least I can go over meds. Don't know what else for. But I did want to check into medical marijuana. Just ask some questions about it. Is that bad? Thought maybe it could help. Don't know.

Good morning!!  It's time to rise and shine, right?  RIGHT?  right.  Good morning Ches and family!    :seeya:

It's not bad to ask about medical marijuana.  Especially if it will help.  I had a doctor tell me to go find a drug dealer because she firmly believes marijuana would help my migraines.  She said it does wonders for her Sister who has MS on top of migraines.  It certainly can't hurt to ask.

Here's to a good day, y'all!   :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Thanks guys. Just an idea. Find a drug dealer :rofl:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Good morning all!

I was going to look into medical marijuana for my shingles pain--yes I had that last Fall while I was in the hospital and pain still persists.  I'd heard that marijuana was especially helpful for nerve pain.  But my 17 y. o. daughter absolutely said, "No!!!"  She didn't want a druggie mama!

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Orate, what she doesn't know won't hurt her in this case and may help you. I would keep it on the qt. I would tell no one but my husband who is inclined towards it. He is the only need to know in my book. But that is just my opinion. Plus it dies not have to be smoked. Can be done by capsule. Thanks for pic!

Carleendiane

Maybe "good morning" is getting too edgy?

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 09:51:42 AM
Orate, what she doesn't know won't hurt her in this case and may help you. I would keep it on the qt. I would tell no one but my husband who is inclined towards it. He is the only need to know in my book. But that is just my opinion. Plus it dies not have to be smoked. Can be done by capsule. Thanks for pic!

The pain is pretty well controlled with Neurontin now.  So I really don't think I need it at this point

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 09:54:38 AM

Nah! The fun is just beginning!  ;-)
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Oh and I forgot to ask about mm, because she upped my regular pain med. See how that works. went from 5 to10 mg oxycodone.1-2 every 6 hrs. Didn't have to beg. Besides, my after surg pain med was less than my every day pain med.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 11:31:18 AM
Oh and I forgot to ask about mm, because she upped my regular pain med. See how that works. went from 5 to10 mg oxycodone.1-2 every 6 hrs. Didn't have to beg. Besides, my after surg pain med was less than my every day pain med.

You're talking heavy-duty narcotics and you think talking about lil ole maryjane is causing the thread to get edgy!?!

But seriously, I'm glad you are getting the pain relief you need.  I think that sometimes the pain is worse after you get home than immediately post surgery.  After all, you're moving more, and you no longer have that electric bed to raise you up and the handrails to help you maneuver.  Take the meds as you need them.

A word of advice--stay on a good stool softener cuz those high doses of narcotics slow down the GI tract and you don't want to get plugged up down there.  I did after my hip replacement surgery 5 years ago, and believe me, it wasn't a pretty sight!   :madsmiley: :madsmiley: :madsmiley:

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 16, 2017, 10:28:49 AM

The pain is pretty well controlled with Neurontin now.  So I really don't think I need it at this point

Thanks orate. Truly I am not a hippie and never was. It was passing in the late 70s. Have  no attitude about those caught up in hippie land. But just got married and did momma things. That's all I know.

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 16, 2017, 12:11:40 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 11:31:18 AM

You're talking heavy-duty narcotics and you think talking about lil ole maryjane is causing the thread to get edgy!?!

But seriously, I'm glad you are getting the pain relief you need.  I think that sometimes the pain is worse after you get home than immediately post surgery.  After all, you're moving more, and you no longer have that electric bed to raise you up and the handrails to help you maneuver.  Take the meds as you need them.

A word of advice--stay on a good stool softener cuz those high doses of narcotics slow down the GI tract and you don't want to get plugged up down there.  I did after my hip replacement surgery 5 years ago, and believe me, it wasn't a pretty sight!   :madsmiley: :madsmiley: :madsmiley:

Orate, due to conditions, I will have to take them because my conditions only stay as is or get worse until I die, I will probably always need strong pain relievers. I know how to maintain my gi tract . Made all the mistakes and learned from them. I know what to do and not to do. Maintaining conditions so I can operate and enjoy my family. I get no high from them, only some relief. Other people might, but not me. Not looking for it, just functionality.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 12:18:58 PM
Quote from: orate on March 16, 2017, 10:28:49 AM

Thanks orate. Truly I am not a hippie and never was. It was passing in the late 70s. Have  no attitude about those caught up in hippie land. But just got married and did momma things. That's all I know.

I love you guys!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

orate

Neither was I, really.  I was married at 20--a mama at 22.  So mama and nursing is all I know, too.

But DH was a big Cheech and Chong fan--he  wasn't a hippie either--and their sketches skewered the hippie drug culture.  The meme above just kind of reminded me of their humor.

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

Orate, due to conditions, I will have to take them because my conditions only stay as is or get worse until I die, I will probably always need strong pain relievers. I know how to maintain my gi tract . Made all the mistakes and learned from them. I know what to do and not to do. Maintaining conditions so I can operate and enjoy my family. I get no high from them, only some relief. Other people might, but not me. Not looking for it, just functionality.

I hope you realize, too, that I never intended to accuse you of abusing narcotics.  I know you need  them to function.  I know I needed them to function before my hip surgery.  Sometimes, when we are online and our tone of voice and facial expressions indicating humor are absent, the humor doesn't get conveyed and misunderstandings occur.

I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

QuoteYou're talking heavy-duty narcotics and you think talking about lil ole maryjane is causing the thread to get edgy!?!

Maybe it would have been clearer if I said, "You're talking about heavy-duty narcotics and you think talking about lil ole maryjane is causing the thread to get edgy!?!"  I realize that "talking" could easily be misread as "taking" and that would be insulting.  Again, I am truly sorry.

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 16, 2017, 03:30:00 PM

Neither was I, really.  I was married at 20--a mama at 22.  So mama and nursing is all I know, too.

But DH was a big Cheech and Chong fan--he  wasn't a hippie either--and their sketches skewered the hippie drug culture.  The meme above just kind of reminded me of their humor.

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 12:43:30 PM

I hope you realize, too, that I never intended to accuse you of abusing narcotics.  I know you need  them to function.  I know I needed them to function before my hip surgery.  Sometimes, when we are online and our tone of voice and facial expressions indicating humor are absent, the humor doesn't get conveyed and misunderstandings occur.

I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

No  way Orate. Not for a second did I feel offended. You have to work a lot harder than that to really offend me. It's funny, but somethings will hit my heart when I least expect it. Not very often, but it happens. I've had some forum exchanges put me in tears. But that is very uncommon and most things I do not take personally. I'm not a very special snowflake, but I can be had. But regarding our exchange.....nadda. You are always kind and thoughtful. Except maybe...when you're not  ;) lol