Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 04:22:00 PM
Quote from: Jayne on March 05, 2017, 04:12:49 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 01:50:26 PM
Ok, most everyone should be home from church now. Hope you enjoyed your holy day obligation.

One of my options for Mass is at 3 pm.  When I attend this one I get home around 5.

We have one choice within an hour and that is 12:15. Which I love since getting going takes me longer! Do you like a 3:00 mass?

It is not a good time for me.  I'm a morning person.  I am really drowsy and find it difficult to focus at that time.  My favourite time among my local options is 7:30.  There is also a 10 am one and I function reasonably well then.

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 05, 2017, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Jayne on March 05, 2017, 04:12:49 PM
One of my options for Mass is at 3 pm.  When I attend this one I get home around 5.
that sounds rough

Yeah, it is.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

Ok, most everyone should be home from church now. Hope you enjoyed your holy day obligation.

I got to sit next to that cute toddler again. His mother was there, so I felt very comfortable.  And he was just a treat;D Plus, he distracted me from the homily, which was a good thing today. ;)

And as long as you keep posting in your threads, Carleen, I'll probably keep posting in them, too. I'll talk to anyone who'll listen to me, these days, and I particularly love talking to you. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 06:34:46 PM

I got to sit next to that cute toddler again. His mother was there, so I felt very comfortable.  And he was just a treat;D Plus, he distracted me from the homily, which was a good thing today. ;)

And as long as you keep posting in your threads, Carleen, I'll probably keep posting in them, too. I'll talk to anyone who'll listen to me, these days, and I particularly love talking to you. ;)

:grouphug: :seeya: :grouphug:

You, birdie are a favorite. Why? Because you are so very honest and I always wanted an oriental child to adopt. Now I have you!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 05, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on March 05, 2017, 03:01:43 PM
carleen how is it goingat home today.  hope youre not mixing morphine with cranberry vodka.  that cant be good.  better to choose one or the other on that one :)   can they bringthe ram inside for a little pet therapy

seems like my wife has the stomach bug,too now...  goingto be a few days here.  they want me to go to "mental health group" tomorrow....i was like "ARE YOU TRYING TOTELL ME SOMETHING

Ches, I'm not having any alcohol. I am on morphine. I don't need anything more. Other than advil or tylenol.

I am so sad about wife and more time away. I will offer up for you my boy. I still have plenty even on mophine. I can't believe, even with that it is not enough for comfort. It really is controling, but comfort is still delicate right now. Wife children and you......offering up. Now, don't get crazy. There is no ram therapy. Lambs are good therapy.  Still waiting for the next batch to be born.

Imsorry the morphome isn'tcompletely taking care of the pain

Imon fentanyl and it takes the edge off but the side effects are sometimes painful inthemselves

Can make you tired

My brother came to visit me for awhile and brought some things from home

Well, CHES! I must say that at least if I hurt, I am alive! Don't think I've had fentany. Is it stronger than morphine? Glad brother came to see you. You must be feeling very lonely.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 07:31:31 PM
Well, CHES! I must say that at least if I hurt, I am alive!

That's what my uncle always used to say: that pain (in a medical context) was nature's way of reassuring you that at least you weren't dead.  :lol:

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 07:17:29 PM
You, birdie are a favorite. Why? Because you are so very honest and I always wanted an oriental child to adopt. Now I have you!

Great! :) Now put your "mommy hat" on, and help me figure out how to stop interrupting people with my questions!  :P
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:15:47 PM
Well, CHES! I must say that at least if I hurt, I am alive!

That's what my uncle always used to say: that pain (in a medical context) was natures way of reassuring you that at least you weren't dead.  :lol:

Great! :) Now put your "mommy hat" on, and help me figure out how to stop interrupting people with my questions!  :P

A pop on the hand with a ruler ought to do the trick  :P

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2017, 08:36:20 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:15:47 PM

Honestly, I feel like my brain is working so much these days that I'm practically...idk, regressing or something [Edit: at least, in figuring out which way of learning certain things is easiest]. I'm having to re-learn so many different ways of approaching things, [that my brain seems to want to approach a lot of different "skill acquisition" situations the way that a child would. Weird.]

So I'm actually inclined to think that you're right.    :huh:  :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

Honestly, I feel like my brain is working so much these days that I'm practically...idk,  regressing or something. I'm having to re-learn so many different ways of approaching things.

So I'm actually inclined to think that you're right.  :huh:  :shrug:
[/quote]

Words I never tire of hearing  ;)

Bernadette

That "comforting smiley" was actually supposed to be this guy: Oops.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:41:49 PM

Honestly, I feel like my brain is working so much these days that I'm practically...idk, regressing or something. I'm having to re-learn so many different ways of approaching things.

So I'm actually inclined to think that you're right.    :huh:  :shrug:
[/quote]

Well of course she's right. Listen to momma munda!

Chestertonian

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 05, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 04:29:49 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on March 05, 2017, 03:01:43 PM
carleen how is it goingat home today.  hope youre not mixing morphine with cranberry vodka.  that cant be good.  better to choose one or the other on that one :)   can they bringthe ram inside for a little pet therapy

seems like my wife has the stomach bug,too now...  goingto be a few days here.  they want me to go to "mental health group" tomorrow....i was like "ARE YOU TRYING TOTELL ME SOMETHING

Ches, I'm not having any alcohol. I am on morphine. I don't need anything more. Other than advil or tylenol.

I am so sad about wife and more time away. I will offer up for you my boy. I still have plenty even on mophine. I can't believe, even with that it is not enough for comfort. It really is controling, but comfort is still delicate right now. Wife children and you......offering up. Now, don't get crazy. There is no ram therapy. Lambs are good therapy.  Still waiting for the next batch to be born.

Imsorry the morphome isn'tcompletely taking care of the pain

Imon fentanyl and it takes the edge off but the side effects are sometimes painful inthemselves

Can make you tired

My brother came to visit me for awhile and brought some things from home

Well, CHES! I must say that at least if I hurt, I am alive! Don't think I've had fentany. Is it stronger than morphine? Glad brother came to see you. You must be feeling very lonely.
fentanyl is more concentrated than morphine i believe.  but it is sythetic.  I will get both sometimes. 

not that lonely but missing wife&kids  wasnice to see my brother and my mom

beentexting back and forth with my wife she is going to put in for her FMLA this week for realsies this time.  Got approved awhile back and never actually took it.  Wasgoing to take time after I got my trach and went on the ventilator,but then went back to work.  baby is 6 months old now,soshes been back for 3 months.  has to think about how her employer is going to see this so wanted to give it some more time...  she really wants to be a housewife even for a few weeks
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

CARLEEEN! Look who's first, this morning! Aujourd'hui, c'est moi. :grin: Ches doesn't count, because that was the middle of the night, not "really" morning. Like this is. :P Though I probably had the deck stacked in my favor, given that you're not quite at 100% again. But I'll take it.  8)
My Lord and my God.

Christina_S

Morning to Bernadette, Carleen, and co.!
Let another week of school begin!
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 06, 2017, 07:29:27 AM
CARLEEEN! Look who's first, this morning! Aujourd'hui, c'est moi. :grin: Ches doesn't count, because that was the middle of the night, not "really" morning. Like this is. :P Though I probably had the deck stacked in my favor, given that you're not quite at 100% again. But I'll take it.  8)

You win bird. Had a  bad morning after decent sleep. Oh, so much pain. Took an hour to just get pills working for me so it was a slow start.

Good morning Orate, Ches, Christina, Bird.