Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

I get some food tomorrow just get some coffee going because hospitals have crappie coffee.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Hospitals: perfect dens of penance, with so little fear that you'll be driven by your own will to anything dangerous. They're like the layman's version of the monastery! You're on RETREAT, Carleen, you lucky thing!!  :eek:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 01, 2017, 09:31:54 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 01, 2017, 08:59:52 AM
Quote from: orate on February 28, 2017, 11:00:57 AM
Surgery starts at 1:30 pm.  But it is pretty major and I suspect that it will last at least 3 hours.

Edited to show change in operating time.  So let's storm heaven with prayers all day today! LOL

Started late and took 7 hrs. It was crazy recovery room, but I'm ok.

Sounds intense hope it's all uphill from there

It was terrible before and after. I was freaking I  recovery. Not sure why. I'm normally very calm.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on March 01, 2017, 07:10:45 PM
Hospitals: perfect dens of penance, with so little fear that you'll be driven by your own will to anything dangerous. They're like the layman's version of the monastery! You're on RETREAT, Carleen, you lucky thing!!  :eek:

Haha, it's a retreat all right

I think I'd rather go on the kind where you get to walk around some rural countryside
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 01, 2017, 07:23:18 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on March 01, 2017, 09:31:54 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 01, 2017, 08:59:52 AM
Quote from: orate on February 28, 2017, 11:00:57 AM
Surgery starts at 1:30 pm.  But it is pretty major and I suspect that it will last at least 3 hours.

Edited to show change in operating time.  So let's storm heaven with prayers all day today! LOL

Started late and took 7 hrs. It was crazy recovery room, but I'm ok.

Sounds intense hope it's all uphill from there

It was terrible before and after. I was freaking I  recovery. Not sure why. I'm normally very calm.
could be the meds.  Especially if they gave anti anxiety meds before surgery you go off and then it's like, panic attack time
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 01, 2017, 08:35:23 PM

I think I'd rather go on the kind where you get to walk around some rural countryside

I mean, I think we all would, really, but the great thing about not choosing is that we don't have to worry about choosing "wrong." ;) And we would, wouldn't we? ;)
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Going to have to open this thread up myself I guess

At Columbia for tests then going to skilled nursing facility for 2 nights so my wife can catch up on sleep, if that's even possible with a 6 year old and a 6 month old.  Trying to have a good attitude about it but still difficult being away from home and PTSD has been in high gear not up to dealing with awhole new set of caregivers

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on March 01, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

I mean, I think we all would, really, but the great thing about not choosing is that we don't have to worry about choosing "wrong." ;) And we would, wouldn't we? ;)

I still worry about wrong choices in current circumstances

Carleendiane

No wrong choices today, right?

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 02, 2017, 09:44:01 AM

That's why you, in particular, seem to need the security of obedience: you need to be able to trust someone else to keep you on the right path, the way that your son trusts you.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Good morning and Happy Friday!!!  Coffee is officially on :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 03, 2017, 07:45:30 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday!!!  Coffee is officially on :)

Literally. ;) Doctor's appt. today: excellent way for me to spend the first Friday of Lent.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Come to my house Ches! We'll just throw you into the ta do pile and sort you out later 8)

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 03, 2017, 08:15:59 AM

Come to my house Ches! We'll just throw you into the ta do pile and sort you out later 8)
He might have to make room for me in there...Or vice versa, depending on who gets there first!  :lol: Plus, I just wanna be where my peeps are (oh, hey: a few more weeks and that joke will be even funnier). ;)
My Lord and my God.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")