Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

:pray3:

God was good to me this morning, and helped me to really profit from the homily. :) It's like Pollyanna's "glad game," in a way: find the edifying thing (or thing that can be reinterpreted in an edifying way) in the "swamp." Only today it wasn't a swamp, it was actually really edifying all the way through.
My Lord and my God.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 26, 2017, 09:24:28 AM
Please pray for my family. Something sinister creeping through my house. Causing relationship harm.

:pray3: :pray3: :pray3:
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 25, 2017, 03:03:26 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 25, 2017, 10:56:18 AM
Dymphna, I can always count on you flying in with some uplift or funny contribution to the thread! Orate, lynne, non, birdie, mlg, munda, and Ches, and many I missed . Thanks for your sweet contributions!

You mean like this?

[
blech.

]

Well it didn't kill me. I guess I must be stronger. Thanks Dymphna!   ;)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bernadette

Quote from: Non Nobis on February 26, 2017, 03:12:29 PM
Dymphna, I can always count on you flying in with some uplift or funny contribution to the thread! Orate, lynne, non, birdie, mlg, munda, and Ches, and many I missed . Thanks for your sweet contributions!

You mean like this?

[
blech.

]

You know, when I first saw that picture I thought: "Oh, how cute! The mouse is working out using the mousetrap!" But looking at it again, I find it sort of unsettling because the mouse really does look like he's...dead.  :o Now I'm conflicted.  :-\
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

You mean like this?

[
blech.

]

You know, when I first saw that picture I thought: "Oh, how cute! The mouse is working out using the mousetrap!" But looking at it again, I find it sort of unsettling because the mouse really does look like he's...dead.  :o Now I'm conflicted.  :-\

You're definitely an over-thinker  ;D

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 26, 2017, 05:39:54 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

You mean like this?

[
blech.

]

You're definitely an over-thinker  ;D

It's a blessing. And a curse.  :tinfoil: The curse is the "over" and the blessing is the "thinking." Look, I'm doing it again.  ::) It's like I just can't turn it off!   :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

I'm the same way, just about different things.  Sometimes, I feel like it is such a beating to be inside my own head!

dymphna17

Quote from: Akavit on February 26, 2017, 02:22:46 PM

I recognize that picture.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dRSsnbvfVY[/yt]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   :'(  He was just so young! With his death, his poor single Mom only has 52,745 children to help her carry through.  Don't mouse lives matter?   :leaving: Wait, what?  He's brought back to life!  Further proof you can't trust a rat!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 26, 2017, 05:45:48 PM
I'm the same way, just about different things.  Sometimes, I feel like it is such a beating to be inside my own head!

Same here. Like I've been struggling through this whole page not to say something about how much I hate this expression, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" because it's just not true! Some things make you stronger, but others cause lifelong debilitation!

maryslittlegarden

Good Morning!!! Coffee is on. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 27, 2017, 06:14:05 AM
Good Morning!!! Coffee is on.

Perfect timing. I get coffee until 10.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Drinking mine right now...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

By the way, in case I complained about having lost my wallet On this thread, SON FOUND IT!!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 27, 2017, 07:51:25 AM
By the way, in case I complained about having lost my wallet On this thread, SON FOUND IT!!!!

Good job, Son!  Now he's earned his keep for a little while longer.   :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica