Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 19, 2017, 07:30:16 AM

Mornin' all.  Time to get up and get ready for Mass!  :D

That's my line , Orate. Every Sunday I remind them to get up and get ready for mass. Good morning to you too. Thanks for the pic.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 19, 2017, 08:14:15 AM
Quote from: orate on February 19, 2017, 07:30:16 AM

Mornin' all.  Time to get up and get ready for Mass!  :D

That's my line , Orate. Every Sunday I remind them to get up and get ready for mass. Good morning to you too. Thanks for the pic.

That's every Catholic mom's line.  LOL  Especially those of us who have lots of kids!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

We have a lot of lines don't we? What's fun is to hear my daughter's use my lines on their kids!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Good morning.  Having a quiet Sunday morning today.  I have one last child battling the flu today, so I'm at the house, instead of Mass.  Hopefully today is the last day!  I'll try to say a Rosary with her later. 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 19, 2017, 11:32:31 AM
Good morning.  Having a quiet Sunday morning today.  I have one last child battling the flu today, so I'm at the house, instead of Mass.  Hopefully today is the last day!  I'll try to say a Rosary with her later.

Sorry you didn't get to go today, but keeping sick kids at home could help keep well an oldster like me, facing upcoming surgery!  God bless you, Munda!

Carleendiane

Morning all! Up. At'em. Coffee.

orate

Got up early today and made it to Mass.  Let's see how long that lasts!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 07:37:51 AM

Why is it that no matter how early I get up, you always "beat me to it?!"  :eek: I was up at 8:00 this morning, and thinking I'd done pretty well. But no.  :-\ I'm going to have to start getting up when the cat gets up, in order to beat you!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on February 20, 2017, 09:00:16 AM

Why is it that no matter how early I get up, you always "beat me to it?!"  :eek: I was up at 8:00 this morning, and thinking I'd done pretty well. But no.  :-\ I'm going to have to start getting up when the cat gets up, in order to beat you!  :lol:

Orate, if you get up any earlier, you'll have to join me over at the 'It's 4:00am and All Is Well!' thread.   :lol:  I'm so glad you made it to Mass.  Right where we all wish we were this morning.

It's official, ladies!  It's still morning and I am here!  Not for long, but it's 10:18 AM, and I am here.  Now I don't know what to do.  Can I offer anyone a beer or a cranberry crown?  Little smokies?  I'll have to work on this.   :whistling: :ghost2: :confused:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Good for orate. Do you have a local daily tlm? Just wondering. We dont. Thanks for a pic. I think we should have one every day. Jayne used to supply them but her care schedule for parent does not allow her to get in here in the morning.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 20, 2017, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 20, 2017, 09:00:16 AM

Orate, if you get up any earlier, you'll have to join me over at the 'It's 4:00am and All Is Well!' thread.   :lol:  I'm so glad you made it to Mass.  Right where we all wish we were this morning.

It's official, ladies!  It's still morning and I am here!  Not for long, but it's 10:18 AM, and I am here.  Now I don't know what to do.  Can I offer anyone a beer or a cranberry crown?  Little smokies?  I'll have to work on this.   :whistling: :ghost2: :confused:

Hi my friend! Happy hellos. I think your offerings are for "go to bed" my dear. You have your nite and days messed up. But that's ok. Offeringservices are generosity. You are so generous and kind. Plus you just got off patrol. You make sure we are safe and sound while sleeping. Of course days and nite are skewed. Love ya!

orate

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

Good for orate. Do you have a local daily tlm? Just wondering. We dont. Thanks for a pic. I think we should have one every day. Jayne used to supply them but her care schedule for parent does not allow her to get in here in the morning.

Yes, my FSSP is only 20 minutes away.  Used to live 45 minutes away but we moved closer in October. 

Due to health issues, I was unable to attend even Sunday Mass for most of the Fall.  And winter is always a challenge for me.  But my health is ever so much better now.  So I have no excuse not to go more often than on Sundays, except for my love of sleeping in!

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 12:53:52 PM

Yes, my FSSP is only 20 minutes away.  Used to live 45 minutes away but we moved closer in October. 

Due to health issues, I was unable to attend even Sunday Mass for most of the Fall.  And winter is always a challenge for me.  But my health is ever so much better now.  So I have no excuse not to go more often than on Sundays, except for my love of sleeping in!

Why, you are a blessed woman, Orate! I would give my arm to have a FSSP 20 min away. That would be amazing! I would like to think I'd be right there, often as possible making weekday Masses. I truly understand health issues. This has been a terrible year beginning with stroke day before mothers day...up til now. Will it end? With me still alive? I know not, Thank God. But, I have had the blessing of making almost all my Sunday Masses. Gratitude aplenty for each day. A celebration in my heart. Too much unfinished business. But, that's from an earthly standpoint. God's will is better than anything I may think important. Right?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 20, 2017, 01:29:08 PM
Quote from: orate on February 20, 2017, 12:53:52 PM

Why, you are a blessed woman, Orate! I would give my arm to have a FSSP 20 min away. That would be amazing! I would like to think I'd be right there, often as possible making weekday Masses. I truly understand health issues. This has been a terrible year beginning with stroke day before mothers day...up til now. Will it end? With me still alive? I know not, Thank God. But, I have had the blessing of making almost all my Sunday Masses. Gratitude aplenty for each day. A celebration in my heart. Too much unfinished business. But, that's from an earthly standpoint. God's will is better than anything I may think important. Right?

It's not my business to stick my nose into your affairs or conversations, but I have to say, Miss Carleen, you are so right!  God bless both of you ladies!  This is what the young people need to see.  You do what you have to do and God comes first!  God will take care of everything whether you like it or not, so set your dial to love and go to work.   :beer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

I understand what you are saying, Carleen.  Last fall when I could hardly move 2 feet without getting short of breath, and when I was not sure if I would collapse every time I stood up, I was not sure if that would remain my permanent condition.  After 2 hospitalizations, the docs weren't really sure what all was going on with me.  All the tests told me what it wasn't but not what it was.

It was a deeply depressing time for me.  I prayed daily for the grace to accept God's Will for me, knowing that acceptance would bring many graces.  But as is human nature, I wanted to get better.

Well, after changes in diet, exercise and medication, my heart rate finally, over a few months,  slowed back down to normal.  By the grace of God, I am able to move and walk better without getting short of breath.  So as long as it it is not freezing cold, or icy, I have no excuse not to go to Mass more often.   I know how much I missed the Mass, when I was unable to attend.  It's just pure laziness if I don't go when the weather is as nice as it has been here.  But alas, sloth is one of my primary faults.