Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 13, 2017, 09:03:53 AM
Come! Got some great coffee and some virtual muffins. They are whatever kind you like. Plus munda probably has breakfast leftovers. Oh! That's right! Poor munda, she's been sick.

I think there's some cold grits still in the pot.  Feel free to warm them up, if you like.  I'm not getting out of bed, though.  No coffee....just hot, herbal tea and Gatorade.  Plenty of fluids!  We have several of us sick today.  It's a pajama/movie/fend for yourself kind of day. 

Carleendiane

Oh munda! I know these days well. Yep, pj's, fluids. Gatorade is very good for this. Kids will have an up time, then down again near evening.Just try to keep kids from playing. Even if they are in bed! What exactly are grits? Cornmeal? Or rice? Or combination?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 13, 2017, 10:14:51 AM
Oh munda! I know these days well. Yep, pj's, fluids. Gatorade is very good for this. Kids will have an up time, then down again near evening.Just try to keep kids from playing. Even if they are in bed! What exactly are grits? Cornmeal? Or rice? Or combination?

That "switchel" I made the other day is rich in electrolytes. The website called it "old-fashioned gatorade."  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Coarse ground cornmeal.  Boiled with butter, salt, and pepper.  I usually add some chopped ham and cheese.  Today, I cracked a couple of raw eggs in them, after they were cooked, and whisked the eggs.....like egg drop grits

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on February 13, 2017, 10:16:35 AM

That "switchel" I made the other day is rich in electrolytes. The website called it "old-fashioned gatorade."  :lol:

I've made homemade Gatorade before.  I liked it; the kids were unsure.  Maybe if I tried again and called it haymakers punch, and put a Little House spin on it, they would be more open to it.  But, just as a Gatorade substitute.....no go

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 13, 2017, 12:47:14 PM

I've made homemade Gatorade before.  I liked it; the kids were unsure.  Maybe if I tried again and called it haymakers punch, and put a Little House spin on it, they would be more open to it.  But, just as a Gatorade substitute.....no go

That's right, they did drink it in The Long Winter:thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Big day here! Going in. Pray I can find the office. REALLY. That's my biggest concern right now. Anyway, see you tonight.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Wait today is surgery day?

Praying
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 14, 2017, 07:00:02 AM
Big day here! Going in. Pray I can find the office. REALLY. That's my biggest concern right now. Anyway, see you tonight.

:pray1: :pray1:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 14, 2017, 07:31:34 AM

Praying

I *think* just tests... I'll poke around and say what she said up above or in another thread...

Found it! On the thread in the prayer intentions for her blood clots...

I am all set up at u of m. All the tests I had done in Jackson will be redone at the university. I guess they only accept tests done in house. So on Tuesday I have a whole battery of tests being run, plus visit with vascular surgeon. Case will be decided as to how and where to go from here. Because of the rib removal it is going to require an ortho surgeon too.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Praying

ikr? "How did that sneak up on me?!"  :o :lol:

Look, Carleen: happy coffee.  ;D

My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 14, 2017, 09:12:32 AM

Praying

ikr? "How did that sneak up on me?!"  :o :lol:

Look, Carleen: happy coffee.  ;D

No surgery today. Just bunches of imaging testing. No when I have surgery they will keep me in hospital for 7 days. Surgery is Monday the 27th. It will be a difficult long surgery, because of the aneurysm.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 14, 2017, 08:08:25 PM
No surgery today. Just bunches of imaging testing. No when I have surgery they will keep me in hospital for 7 days. Surgery is Monday the 27th. It will be a difficult long surgery, because of the aneurysm.

How are you feeling about the surgery/recovery/etc.?  Pretty confident?  Nervous?  (Probably both confident and nervous and everything in-between...)

:grouphug:

Lydia Purpuraria

orate

Good morning everyone.

Continued prayers for you carleen.  May the guardian angels guide your surgeons and all those who care for you during your hospital stay.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")