Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

It was in the high 70s yesterday. Now I think it's in the high 40s?  :huh: All I know is, it's sunny and cloudless so my laundry can go out on the line where it belongs.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

It's 16 here today. Dog is at a loss at night. He just can't pick who he wants to sleep with. There are 3 kids sleeping on the floor. And people on various couches. How would you choose who to sleep with? I pick baby or Trina.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

It's cool and gorgeous here today.  Much colder than yesteday.  It's been a poor excuse for winter this year, though.  Today is oldest's son's 10th bday, so trying really hard to rise above my exhaustion and terrible mood, and make the day special for him.  He and his brother caught a possum in their trap today, so I think he's pretty excited so far. I'm cooking his favorite dinner tonight, and tomorrow he's having a few friends over for a camp out.  I'm glad the weather will be nice for them.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 08, 2017, 04:21:20 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on February 08, 2017, 01:41:29 PM
We are supposed to get snow but it's 64 degrees here now going to see if it's possible to go outside whnmy son gets fom from school. ehaven't been outside since October or so, before trach surgery.  Might take standing wheelchair for a spin

So my Ches, did you get to take your super dooper, transforming transformer outside so you could get a dose of relatively fresh air? I sure hope you do before the temp drops! Oh, just the idea of you getting out thrills me.

No by the time we would have been ready to go out it was cold again and dark too

But in a few months hopefully it will be warm enough
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Hi everybody!  It's 29 degrees here.  Wish we had snow to make the temperatures worth it.  But tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to get up to 69.  Perfect motorcycle weather if you ask me!

Munda, your son's birthday dinner isn't going to be... gulp... possum, is it?  :eek:  I guess even if it is, Happy birthday to the new 10 year old!   :cheer:

Lynne, maybe go out and make a few snow angels for those of us who don't get fun snow?  I'd bet Hubby would enjoy that.   ;)

And Carleen, I think it's time for you to share that baby.  Even if it's for just a little while, everybody needs a turn.  It will be good for your soul.  Ya, that's it, it will be good for your soul to make a little sacrifice.  Now pass her over.  I'll even take a turn cleaning up peanut butter.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 09, 2017, 01:05:49 PM
Hi everybody!  It's 29 degrees here.  Wish we had snow to make the temperatures worth it.  But tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to get up to 69.  Perfect motorcycle weather if you ask me!

Munda, your son's birthday dinner isn't going to be... gulp... possum, is it?  :eek:  I guess even if it is, Happy birthday to the new 10 year old!   :cheer:

Lynne, maybe go out and make a few snow angels for those of us who don't get fun snow?  I'd bet Hubby would enjoy that.   ;)

And Carleen, I think it's time for you to share that baby.  Even if it's for just a little while, everybody needs a turn.  It will be good for your soul.  Ya, that's it, it will be good for your soul to make a little sacrifice.  Now pass her over.  I'll even take a turn cleaning up peanut butter.

Hahaha...no, definitely NOT possum  :ack:  those things are pretty gross.  It's a steamed shrimp dish, with various seasonings, and French bread to dip in the sauce it makes.  It is quite delicious, actually.

Carleendiane

Now Dymphna, don't get grabby. I don't want her catching a cold or migraine. She is so perfectly perfect. She has slightly oriental eyes, though she is polish, german,Croatian., Welsh, a bit of indian. Black black hair. Tiny face huge eyes, slight body. Kinda delicate looking overall. Buttery, but small.Oh, alright, Dymphna, I will share. It's only right.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Oh, I'm glad it's shrimp and not possum, Munda.  I find possumi...er possi... I guess the plural of 'opossum' IS 'opossum' or 'opossums'. Who knew?  Anyway, I find them to be kind of cute in their own weird way.  I certainly wouldn't want to eat one, cute or not!  They are pretty greasy and gamy from what I understand.  I won't go into why I understand that. *shiver

And YIPPY!!  Carleen's going to let me hold the baby!  I promise not to pass on any migraine germs.  You're such a good friend.  She sounds just gorgeous.  Are her brothers and sisters dark haired as well?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Dymphna, do you know the 5 little monkies song? Well I sing it to her all the time and she loves it.  I love it when she sucks on me. My lips, or chin. That is so yummy. Anyway,, 4 days working on the 5th.  Dave has handled treatments quite well. Going in for blood work today
If all is well they leave tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers. Now..get a cuppa anything you like!

MundaCorMeum

Good Morning!  I have French press coffee today.  Help yourselves  :). Breakfast is self-serve on Fridays....cereal, grits, or oatmeal.  I do help the littles, though.  There's hot chocolate today, too!

Carleendiane

Oh, Munda, you always shard what you have. How very kind you are!? Thanks for stopping in.

Carleendiane

Hey! Open up. How bout some coffee.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 08:05:29 AM

I've had 2 cups already, bagel and cream cheese. Busy day ahead, our daughter is moving back home so she can save to buy her own place. Goodbye sewing room!  :D
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Lynne on February 11, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 08:05:29 AM

I've had 2 cups already, bagel and cream cheese. Busy day ahead, our daughter is moving back home so she can save to buy her own place. Goodbye sewing room!  :D

I'm looking at the bottom of cup number 2, also.  I may need more, though.  There was French toast, sausages, apples, and grapefruit, but those boys wiped us out!  There may be a lone bite of apple left.....maybe

Carleendiane

Munda, Lynne, you two I can always count on to share my morning coffee. Lynne, you will very much enjoy this time with daughter. It will be like a new phase in your relationship. How old is she Lynne? Munda, really, all gone? Haven't you told your kids about the needy lady in the good morning thread? They will surely be charitable. Just one bite of each item will do me. Tell them I am so poor. Well, I am in many ways.