Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I've always found shawls appealing, myself. :) Too bad my alpaca poncho makes me itch.  :-/ So prickly. But hey: instant hair shirt!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 10:18:19 AM
I've always found shawls appealing, myself. :) Too bad my alpaca poncho makes me itch.  :-/ So prickly. But hey: instant hair shirt!  :lol:

May I borrow it , Bernadette? I have been indulging myself for 3 wks now. Really. This has to stop! A nice hair shirt would fit the need perfectly. Did you make it bird?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

May I borrow it , Bernadette? I have been indulging myself for 3 wks now. Really. This has to stop! A nice hair shirt would fit the need perfectly. Did you make it bird?

Nope. Bought it used on eBay. I still wear it, I just have to make sure I have long sleeves on, if I don't want to itch. ;) I should just line it with something snuggly, now that I think about it.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 10:27:17 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:23:23 AM

Nope. Bought it used on eBay. I still wear it, I just have to make sure I have long sleeves on, if I don't want to itch. ;) I should just line it with something snuggly, now that I think about it.  ::)

Noooooo. Dont. It will have no penance factor. Oh, do whatcha want. It's your shirt.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:13:21 AM
Lydia, we're you hippyish, as a young woman? I mean...the dress, the shawl, the basket, well it all adds up. Don't tell me you were a jock in college. Or have a doctrate. I see a subdued hippy here. How far am I off the mark?

Negative on jock in college.  Definitely negative on having a doctorate.  But if the dress, shawl, and basket can = hippyish, then I think you aren't so far off the mark at all, Carleen.   ;D

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on January 11, 2017, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:13:21 AM
Lydia, we're you hippyish, as a young woman? I mean...the dress, the shawl, the basket, well it all adds up. Don't tell me you were a jock in college. Or have a doctrate. I see a subdued hippy here. How far am I off the mark?

Negative on jock in college.  Definitely negative on having a doctorate.  But if the dress, shawl, and basket can = hippyish, then I think you aren't so far off the mark at all, Carleen.   ;D

Are you just humour in me here, Lydia. It OK if I'm wrong.. But still, earthy I think.

Jayne

Good morning, everyone.  Today is the feast day of Marguerite Bourgeoys, one of the first Saints in Canada  :canada::

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Carleendiane

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 07:22:57 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 12, 2017, 07:02:23 AM
Morning

Morning Jayne, how's dad?  Morning Ches.

OK Jayne found the update in prayers. So glad they found the problem.

Carleendiane

Raining cats/dogs. Sure hope it doesn't freeze. Although maybe I could slide to dymphna's house.

Carleendiane

Dymphna, how are things there? Frozen yet?

Carleendiane

Oh, do come in and grab a cuppa whatever you like in the morning. MLG. Keep the Baileys hidden. Well meet up later in the day. Maybe Jayne and Lynne will join us. If they are not too busy.

Christina_S

May I pour myself a cup before I dash off to practice piano and voice in an hour?
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christina_S on January 12, 2017, 10:06:27 AM
May I pour myself a cup before I dash off to practice piano and voice in an hour?

Why of course, sweet Christina. You help yourself, my dear.  May even help the voice and your fingers fly over the key board!