Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on January 05, 2017, 08:39:06 AM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 05, 2017, 08:11:02 AM
Jayne, it is 17 below zero where I am at with wind chills in the 20-30 below zone.  We are almost Canadian. 

Munda, I need more coffee.

Maryslittlegraden, by the power vested in me as a citizen of the Great White North, I hereby appoint you an honourary Canadian.  You are now authorized to randomly stick the letter u into words and say you are sorry all the time.

:canada:

And she needs to end every other sentence with an "eh?".
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 05, 2017, 10:41:20 AM
Jayne, it is 17 below zero where I am at with wind chills in the 20-30 below zone.  We are almost Canadian. 

Maryslittlegraden, by the power vested in me as a citizen of the Great White North, I hereby appoint you an honourary Canadian.  You are now authorized to randomly stick the letter u into words and say you are sorry all the time.

I shall now memorize the words to O Canada.
If you do that people will know you aren't a real Canadian.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Lynne on January 05, 2017, 10:53:48 AM

I'm close enough to Canada to do that already, doncha know, eh.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 05, 2017, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: Lynne on January 05, 2017, 10:53:48 AM

I'm close enough to Canada to do that already, doncha know, eh.

Excellent!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Stella Maris on January 05, 2017, 09:13:30 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 05, 2017, 06:48:51 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2017, 06:43:00 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 05, 2017, 06:37:43 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 04, 2017, 10:50:09 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 04, 2017, 10:10:11 AM
Dymphna, I assume you are full of vim and vinegar this morn.

That's....not quite how I've always heard this expression.  :lol:

Bernadette....explain yourself, because this is how my mom used it.

We're y'all misbehaving when she said it?  It should be "vim and vigor", implying lots of energy and a determination about the task at hand.  "Vinegar" implies a sour attitude.

I do believe that is more like mom meant it. A bit sassy.

I think you are confusing two expressions ( or your mom was): full of vim and vigor and full of p*ss and vinegar. They mean pretty much the same thing.

I'll take the vim and vigor, please

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2017, 12:55:20 PM

We're y'all misbehaving when she said it?  It should be "vim and vigor", implying lots of energy and a determination about the task at hand.  "Vinegar" implies a sour attitude.

I think you are confusing two expressions ( or your mom was): full of vim and vigor and full of p*ss and vinegar. They mean pretty much the same thing.

All in what you're used to, I guess.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Two shots of each, please. Glad to finally know what I'm talking about.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 05, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

Two shots of each, please. Glad to finally know what I'm talking about.

I'll take a lifetime supply.  Don't have enough vim and vigor in my life;  mostly it's vanilla and vinegar.  Not always unpleasant, but it is hard to get things done.  (Good thing I don't have kids to care for.)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Jayne

Good morning, everyone.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Jayne, good morning and thank you! The colors are wonderful.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

MundaCorMeum

Good morning!  Just got back from Mass, and offered it for everyone's intentions here.  I got my coffee at my favorite local shop today, since we passed by it on the way home.  It's cold and rainy today, with temperatures continuing to drop throughout the day, so we have deemed today a PJ and hot chocolate day.  As we watched the temperature on our car thermometer drop on our way home from Mass, my two older kids started saying, "oh, it's cold out today, dontcha know, eh?"  I thought of you, Jayne  :)

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 08:40:20 AM
Good morning!  Just got back from Mass, and offered it for everyone's intentions here.  I got my coffee at my favorite local shop today, since we passed by it on the way home.  It's cold and rainy today, with temperatures continuing to drop throughout the day, so we have deemed today a PJ and hot chocolate day.  As we watched the temperature on our car thermometer drop on our way home from Mass, my two older kids started saying, "oh, it's cold out today, dontcha know, eh?"  I thought of you, Jayne  :)

3.6 degrees here. Good morning munda. Don't those working hands get chapped, hanging diapers out in this weather? PBJ and cocoa, a perfectly well rounded meal! In my, I love sweets, opinion.

Carleendiane

Bernadette, would you please bring in some of those powdered sugar little donuts? I just have a hankering, and husband can't see what I eat on the forum.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 06, 2017, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 08:40:20 AM

3.6 degrees here. Good morning munda. Don't those working hands get chapped, hanging diapers out in this weather? PBJ and cocoa, a perfectly well rounded meal! In my, I love sweets, opinion.

Not peanut butter.....pajama ;) Pajama day with hot cocoa....And, pictionary.  We left hay out for the Wise Men's camels under the Christmas tree last night, and dontcha know, they left us a gift when they stopped by to adore the Christ child who sits on our family altar.  It's 35° and dropping here, which is pretty cold for the south.  So much for school today....maybe this afternoon

ETA: I'm splurging today, and using the dryer