Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 16, 2016, 09:39:22 AM
I'm getting ready to take my daughter to the doctor. She's had a sore throat, and I want to make sure it isn't strep. If it is, I'm hoping we can catch it before it spreads to the whole family. If it isn't, we're going to have lunch together at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I know I should take her back to school, but my children rarely get to spend time alone with me, so I take the opportunity when it arises.

It is strep.  :(

Please pray that the rest of the family doesn't catch it.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 16, 2016, 02:35:06 PM
I'm getting ready to take my daughter to the doctor. She's had a sore throat, and I want to make sure it isn't strep. If it is, I'm hoping we can catch it before it spreads to the whole family. If it isn't, we're going to have lunch together at our favorite Chinese restaurant. I know I should take her back to school, but my children rarely get to spend time alone with me, so I take the opportunity when it arises.

:(.   :pray3:   I'm glad you caught it early.  Good Mom instincts on your part!  Rest up and get well soon over there.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 16, 2016, 02:35:06 PM

O, the timing, May the dear Lord protect the rest of the family. Please dear Lord. God about your business expecting it to stay with just the one strep victim. SO sorry, Fleur. Praying... :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Morning thread open. Bring you pastry or donuts. Àñd...the pot is on.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

I have bacon for all the people who prefer a savory breakfast.  Bacon and coffee....breakfast of champions!

Carleendiane

I really liked bacon and sausage, until my stroke. Now I want sugar. Crave it. This is definitely linked to the brains need for sugar to repair. So there you go. I can blame it on my damaged brain.

Carleendiane

FOR ALL THAT WERE PRAYING FOR MY SON IN LAW....he had a bad night at home. Went into ER. Found out his calcium was so low it affected his  heart. It slowed his heart dangerously. They put him on an IV of calcium. He will be sent back home with a script for much more calcium to take at home. If he had not the sense to go in, he would have died of cardiac arrest. So, you see, your prayers were heard and my daughter still has her hubby. I cry with relief and thanksgiving!

Carleendiane

JAYNE!!!!!! YOU OK? YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IN. Please, don't give me more to worry about than I already have! Normally, you are first to check in, provide a picture, and a delightful cup of coffee. Now, are you ok?

Jayne

I am better than OK.  Youngest daughter is back from college for holidays and various other children and grandchildren have gathered to greet her.  The house is full and happy.  I am the best kind of busy.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Thank you, Jayne. I am so glad you are better than ok.  :grouphug:

JubilateDeo

Good afternoon.  We are having Pierogi day in our house right now--everyone is busy making pierogi, then the local fire dept has a Santa on a Fire Truck that drives around the neighborhood giving out gifts, and then we are going to get our Christmas tree tonight and put it up.  This week is going to be making lots of cookies, tying up a lot of loose ends with my part time job, and planning the Christmas party for my daughter's 2nd grade class (which is on Friday)

Carleendiane

Quote from: JubilateDeo on December 17, 2016, 01:31:39 PM
Good afternoon.  We are having Pierogi day in our house right now--everyone is busy making pierogi, then the local fire dept has a Santa on a Fire Truck that drives around the neighborhood giving out gifts, and then we are going to get our Christmas tree tonight and put it up.  This week is going to be making lots of cookies, tying up a lot of loose ends with my part time job, and planning the Christmas party for my daughter's 2nd grade class (which is on Friday)

Jubilate, so glad you are young and energetic to keep up with your hectic plans. But they are not chaotic. You are well planned. Your kids will really enjoy doing all this with mom!

Carleendiane

Hubby got tree and put it up yesterday. Won't decorate till next Thursday when I have granddaughters here for baking. But, the tree is just perfect size and symetry. It will look wonderful decorated. I just sent him out for the tree, didn't expect him to go to the trouble of finding the tree stand, cleaning it, finding the fabric I use under it, and get it put up too. Good man. Send a Marine.

MundaCorMeum

This coming week is our baking week, too.  What are y'all making?

JubilateDeo

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 17, 2016, 10:14:39 PM

This coming week is our baking week, too.  What are y'all making?

peanut butter kiss cookies, iced sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, kolaczi, these Dutch cookies called Janhagels.  Also I'm bringing in cinnamon buns for my daughter's class party, and we'll have the other batch of cinnamon buns on Christms morning