Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

My husband is sleepy too, I think.  He was having trouble making himself go to work this morning.  I had to sing "Go ye heroes" to him.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEicdkW295c[/yt]

I am noticing it is a bit hard to make out the lyrics.  This is the women's part:

QuoteGo, ye heroes, go to glory,
Though you die in combat gory,
Ye shall live in song and story.
Go to immortality!
Go to death, and go to slaughter;
Die, and every Cornish daughter
With her tears your grave shall water.
Go, ye heroes, go and die!

Go and do your best endeavour,
And before all links we sever,
We will say farewell for ever.
Go to glory and the grave!

Go to glory and the grave!
For your foes are fierce and ruthless,
False, unmerciful, and truthless;
Young and tender, old and toothless,
All in vain their mercy crave.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

maryslittlegarden

I am still asleep.  Just saying. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

It's a little past noon here, but I hope everyone had a good morning, nonetheless.  I'll have a cup of coffee in honor of the thread, too!  Sometimes, you just gotta take one for the team.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 09, 2016, 12:15:36 PM
It's a little past noon here, but I hope everyone had a good morning, nonetheless.  I'll have a cup of coffee in honor of the thread, too!  Sometimes, you just gotta take one for the team.

A good sport you are, Munda. A good sport for sure! Hope your day is going well. Who cares if you don't get EVERYTHING you set out to do for the day? Who cares? The kids and baby are fed dressed and clean. You are a busy woman and I can see your clothes dryer is broke. Still hanging out the laundry, yet you find the time to pop in for a cuppa. What a woman.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 09, 2016, 02:34:52 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 09, 2016, 12:15:36 PM

A good sport you are, Munda. A good sport for sure! Hope your day is going well. Who cares if you don't get EVERYTHING you set out to do for the day? Who cares? The kids and baby are fed dressed and clean. You are a busy woman and I can see your clothes dryer is broke. Still hanging out the laundry, yet you find the time to pop in for a cuppa. What a woman.

This one is debatable. Check back on Sunday morning.....they are always clean on Mass day  :). And, yes, I do love a good clothes line!  Nice, crisp, fresh smelling laundry.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
A special day deserves a special coffee and pastries.  The lady at the bakery said this was the top of the line coffee;  Red Rooster Coffee Roaster "Sweet Holiday Blend".  Here's the write up on it:

QuoteBlind Assessment:
Delicately rich, crisp, balanced. Dried apricot, baker's chocolate, rhododendron, orange zest, cinnamon in aroma and cup. Lively, juicy acidity; velvety mouthfeel. Cinnamon-like spice leads in the short finish; dried fruit and vanilla-like flowers resonate in the long.

Notes:
Certified organic. A blend composed of a wet-processed Honduras, a wet-processed Ethiopia from the Sidamo/Sidama region, and a dried-in-the-fruit Ethiopia from the Yirgacheffe region. This coffee tied for the fourth-highest rating in a tasting of holiday coffees for Coffee Review's December 2016 tasting report. Established in 2010, Red Rooster is an organic-certified micro-roaster focusing on socially conscious coffee and high-quality coffee. Visit redroostercoffee.com or call 540-745-7338 for more information.

The Bottom Line: A classic coffee blend, sweet and rich, packaged in a hand-printed bag featuring local art, and one in a series of Red Rooster's special Advent calendar coffee releases.

Hope you all like it.  We've got to be sure to save some for Carleen.  I'm not sure how much 12 ounces makes, but it would take a little while for another order to get here from Virginia.

My my dymphna, you will have the whole forum eating out of your hand with those offerings. You sure are a gracious southerner! Before I know it everyone is going to be asking you to take over good morning! Me too. I'll be right with them with my coffee cup and napkin for my pastry.

So doctor visit confirmed suspicions. Displaced rib. Broken wrist. That was some picnic table.  I'll live. Got meds squared away and got weighed, eck. That's the worst part of a doctors visit. But 3 wks. of stomach problems hasn't hurt me in that area of interest. 8 lbs dropped. She was pretty sure it was a result of the injury. Not a virus. Might have to see a chiropractor. To get rib back in,place. But who cares I say. Who cares.

Going to 5:00 Mass tonight. yahoo! New car, new meds, new weight. Does it get any better. And a beautiful Mass for our beautiful mother. No, it doesn't get better than this.

Not only do I not want the Good Morning thread management position, I couldn't do it.  These are not my regular hours.  I just happened to be up to do some penance for my Grandmother who's birthday was today and to maybe give our Blessed Mother a pitiful morsel on her special day.  This thread is your baby, Carleen.  No one could manage it the way you do.  No one would show up.  Only crickets.

I'm so glad you finally got to the doctor.  Please leave the picnic table weight lifting category out of your future repertoire.  In case your doctor failed mention that.   ;)  How in the world were you typing with a broken wrist?  And to offer it all up?  Props to you, Lady.  Hopefully now you can start healing.

Oh, dymphna, you do go on I am just looking for an easy way out of the suffering due me in purgatory. I'll tolerate anything here, now on this earth. Whatever He throws at me can not possibly be worse than the suffering of purgatory. Which, scares me. It truly does.So, being a wimp I prefer bodily sufferings..those I I know. The suffering of purgatory I do not know.

You mentioned typing. I type on my tablet using one finger. Typing on a real keyboard just doesn't work for me. The palsy in the left hand makes it useless on a key board. I can't control it. The wrist doesn't hurt when I only use one finger. My doctor is trying a new drug that may help the palsy. Fingers crossed. There is so much I can't do because of it. I just hope they don't have to go in and fix it. It's all I have. I must be able to do my hair, first and foremost, which is essential, I tell you. Essential. God knows vanity is in me and I pray He will help me with this. Either remove my vanity, or just let me have the use of my right hand even if they have to fix it.

I will keep my mini moderator position. The two threads will die if I don't do my morning and nite time babbling. Kaese, doesn't know this, but I have become one of his moderators. In a teeny tiny way. Maybe I should request a color I can use when I have to be tough. Like when the issue of the bubbles came up. I really could have used a color when I was firmly correcting you dymphna. I won't over use it. I won't weild it arrogantly. No. I will be humble but firm. Maybe we can start a petition with names requesting a color for my fraternal correction of the go to bedders, and the good morningers. I could use a little input on this my friends. Really, be straight with me. Be truthful, but kind. Am I or am I not one of the forum moderators, even though just a teeny tiny barely there moderator, and thereforeven This is very important should be assigned a color to use for warnings and correction. Opinions please.

can one of your daughters doyour hair

I have a good friend who is vent dependent and unable to move most of her muscles due to muscular dystrophy.  we met in an "adult medical day care" program for people withdisabilities good times.  she ended up marrying one of her male caregivers who's an RN.  at one point,he told me that he wasnt at all intimidated by her medical equipment,or how advanced her MD was, or any of those things.  the most initimidating thing about caring for her was her long hair, because he no idea what to do with a lady's hair!!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Carleendiane

Thanks Jayne. And it is a good morningk. Hubby took off to get snow tires on new car. He's very fussy about tiresl
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 09, 2016, 11:22:50 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
A special day deserves a special coffee and pastries.  The lady at the bakery said this was the top of the line coffee;  Red Rooster Coffee Roaster "Sweet Holiday Blend".  Here's the write up on it:

QuoteBlind Assessment:
Delicately rich, crisp, balanced. Dried apricot, baker's chocolate, rhododendron, orange zest, cinnamon in aroma and cup. Lively, juicy acidity; velvety mouthfeel. Cinnamon-like spice leads in the short finish; dried fruit and vanilla-like flowers resonate in the long.

Notes:
Certified organic. A blend composed of a wet-processed Honduras, a wet-processed Ethiopia from the Sidamo/Sidama region, and a dried-in-the-fruit Ethiopia from the Yirgacheffe region. This coffee tied for the fourth-highest rating in a tasting of holiday coffees for Coffee Review's December 2016 tasting report. Established in 2010, Red Rooster is an organic-certified micro-roaster focusing on socially conscious coffee and high-quality coffee. Visit redroostercoffee.com or call 540-745-7338 for more information.

The Bottom Line: A classic coffee blend, sweet and rich, packaged in a hand-printed bag featuring local art, and one in a series of Red Rooster's special Advent calendar coffee releases.

Hope you all like it.  We've got to be sure to save some for Carleen.  I'm not sure how much 12 ounces makes, but it would take a little while for another order to get here from Virginia.

My my dymphna, you will have the whole forum eating out of your hand with those offerings. You sure are a gracious southerner! Before I know it everyone is going to be asking you to take over good morning! Me too. I'll be right with them with my coffee cup and napkin for my pastry.

So doctor visit confirmed suspicions. Displaced rib. Broken wrist. That was some picnic table.  I'll live. Got meds squared away and got weighed, eck. That's the worst part of a doctors visit. But 3 wks. of stomach problems hasn't hurt me in that area of interest. 8 lbs dropped. She was pretty sure it was a result of the injury. Not a virus. Might have to see a chiropractor. To get rib back in,place. But who cares I say. Who cares.

Going to 5:00 Mass tonight. yahoo! New car, new meds, new weight. Does it get any better. And a beautiful Mass for our beautiful mother. No, it doesn't get better than this.

Not only do I not want the Good Morning thread management position, I couldn't do it.  These are not my regular hours.  I just happened to be up to do some penance for my Grandmother who's birthday was today and to maybe give our Blessed Mother a pitiful morsel on her special day.  This thread is your baby, Carleen.  No one could manage it the way you do.  No one would show up.  Only crickets.

I'm so glad you finally got to the doctor.  Please leave the picnic table weight lifting category out of your future repertoire.  In case your doctor failed mention that.   ;)  How in the world were you typing with a broken wrist?  And to offer it all up?  Props to you, Lady.  Hopefully now you can start healing.

Oh, dymphna, you do go on I am just looking for an easy way out of the suffering due me in purgatory. I'll tolerate anything here, now on this earth. Whatever He throws at me can not possibly be worse than the suffering of purgatory. Which, scares me. It truly does.So, being a wimp I prefer bodily sufferings..those I I know. The suffering of purgatory I do not know.

You mentioned typing. I type on my tablet using one finger. Typing on a real keyboard just doesn't work for me. The palsy in the left hand makes it useless on a key board. I can't control it. The wrist doesn't hurt when I only use one finger. My doctor is trying a new drug that may help the palsy. Fingers crossed. There is so much I can't do because of it. I just hope they don't have to go in and fix it. It's all I have. I must be able to do my hair, first and foremost, which is essential, I tell you. Essential. God knows vanity is in me and I pray He will help me with this. Either remove my vanity, or just let me have the use of my right hand even if they have to fix it.

I will keep my mini moderator position. The two threads will die if I don't do my morning and nite time babbling. Kaese, doesn't know this, but I have become one of his moderators. In a teeny tiny way. Maybe I should request a color I can use when I have to be tough. Like when the issue of the bubbles came up. I really could have used a color when I was firmly correcting you dymphna. I won't over use it. I won't weild it arrogantly. No. I will be humble but firm. Maybe we can start a petition with names requesting a color for my fraternal correction of the go to bedders, and the good morningers. I could use a little input on this my friends. Really, be straight with me. Be truthful, but kind. Am I or am I not one of the forum moderators, even though just a teeny tiny barely there moderator, and thereforeven This is very important should be assigned a color to use for warnings and correction. Opinions please.

can one of your daughters doyour hair

I have a good friend who is vent dependent and unable to move most of her muscles due to muscular dystrophy.  we met in an "adult medical day care" program for people withdisabilities good times.  she ended up marrying one of her male caregivers who's an RN.  at one point,he told me that he wasnt at all intimidated by her medical equipment,or how advanced her MD was, or any of those things.  the most initimidating thing about caring for her was her long hair, because he no idea what to do with a lady's hair!!

Ches, no wonder I adopted you! You are so empathetic. Not all men are. Anyways, if I have to have daughter do it I will, but I am kinda fussy about hair, because it was my specialty. Cutting coloring and perking was my specialty. Always done my own. Very hard to give the reins to someone else. Again, pure vanity. I am shameless when it comes to hair, makeup and clothing style.

Your friend sounds like such a good man. Would like a follow up report on how he's managing her long hair.

Carleendiane

BABIES! OH HOW I LOVE THEM! I too am distracted by them. Even the homely ones, and there are some homely ones out there. I just love to watch their moves and facial expressions. I love to see them caress their mom or dad. Also, I can't help myself. I try to get their attention and make them smile. They make my heart smile.

Daughter with 2 month old is 3 hrs away, so I can't indulge as often as I want. I think about her baby and just long to rock her, change her diapers, put her to sleep and smell her sweet smell. I wish I could have had more children, but I was an emergency waiting to happen with each pregnancy.my last child was adopted. I NEVER felt like I didn't bear him myself. I was in the operating room when he was born and the first to hold him. It was wonderful. Just wonderful. His mom did not want him, so it was an easy transition from birth mom to me. He is mine. All mine.

Oh I pasted this into the wrong thread! Sorry.

Christina_S

Quote from: Jayne on December 10, 2016, 05:13:13 AM

Saturday and let the weekend begin?!? Heck no, my weekend starts right after the last class on Friday afternoon!!!1  :cheer: :beer:

1Except not this weekend because I'm studying for finals.

"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Jayne

Quote from: Christina_S on December 10, 2016, 10:37:04 AM/quote] Saturday and let the weekend begin?!? Heck no, my weekend starts right after the last class on Friday afternoon!!!1  :cheer: :beer:

1Except not this weekend because I'm studying for finals.

You know things have gotten tense around here when even the coffee cups are controversial. :)

Bernadette

My cold is GONE!  :cheer: I'm having extra coffee to celebrate, and to make up for all of the missed coffee-opportunites of the past week.  ;D

Christina Jayne, I appreciate the yellow cup. Good choice.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on December 10, 2016, 10:54:15 AM
My cold is GONE!  :cheer: I'm having extra coffee to celebrate, and to make up for all of the missed coffee-opportunites of the past week.  ;D

Christina Jayne, I appreciate the yellow cup. Good choice.  :thumbsup:

Yahoo, Bernadette, so glad you can once again partake in the coffee. We've been serving all day lately. Right up to go to bed, pretty much. A cheerful welcome back to coffee drinking. Really, tea is just, kinda out of place in the coffee pot, don't you think?

A friend sent me this new brand of coffee. A dark roast called Song bird Coffee. It says it is a rich, smokey, intense coffee. I'll just put it on the counter by the coffee maker and the first one up can make it. Please, do follow the directions, we can modify if need be.

Well she also sent me some biscotti. You'll find it under my bed. Just don't want the vulture in it until I have shared with you guys and gals. It looks delicious. Our Mass isn't until 12:15 so we can have some in the morning. All depends on what time Mass is.

Bernadette, do you wear a lot of pale yellow clothes too?If you are part oriental, is your hair black?

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 10, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
Bernadette, do you wear a lot of pale yellow clothes too? If you are part oriental, is your hair black?

Sadly, no.

It's very, very, very dark brown. Often mistaken for black. Though oddly, there are some red highlights in there, when the sun hits it. Maybe from the Irish part of the family?  :lol: There's a family saying that "all of the LastName women are redheads."
My Lord and my God.