Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Good morning everyone.  Today I saw something on my Facebook feed that really inspired me and I want to share it with you all.

Words to live by.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Words to live by. Love it. Morning jayne! A new day. Let's drink to it!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on December 06, 2016, 10:38:00 AM
I have a song for the day too.(I've posted it here before, but some of you haven't seen it.)

QuoteJolly Old Saint Nicholas
Swing your fist this way
We are swamped in heresies
We need you today
The truth's attacked from left and right
Now you dear old man
Teach me what to say to them
Tell me if you can

Johnny is a relativist
Susie's a schismatic
Nellie dissents from everything
She's really a fanatic
As for me, I know the Church
Teaches what is right
So show me, St. Nicholas
How to fight the fight

I love that!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Morning Ches! I hope you are improving ever day in your upright endeavor.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 07, 2016, 10:44:56 AM

Haha.. Thanks my goal is 2 hours of standing today
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 07, 2016, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 07, 2016, 10:44:56 AM

Haha.. Thanks my goal is 2 hours of standing today

Ya know Ches, I figure if you can stand for two hours today, I can clean the kitchen, bathroom, and vacuum. That's about 2 hrs. Choir practice tonight. Really enjoying looking at my new car. Shouldn't, but do. Maybe I am a material girl. I might be.

Getting out early for doctor tomorrow. Somebody is going to have to put a pot on and babble. See that everyone who visits gets a cheery hello and wise words. Will get back around noon. It's up to you morning people.

Jayne

Good morning, everyone.  Have a blessed feast day.

dymphna17

A special day deserves a special coffee and pastries.  The lady at the bakery said this was the top of the line coffee;  Red Rooster Coffee Roaster "Sweet Holiday Blend".  Here's the write up on it:

QuoteBlind Assessment:
Delicately rich, crisp, balanced. Dried apricot, baker's chocolate, rhododendron, orange zest, cinnamon in aroma and cup. Lively, juicy acidity; velvety mouthfeel. Cinnamon-like spice leads in the short finish; dried fruit and vanilla-like flowers resonate in the long.

Notes:
Certified organic. A blend composed of a wet-processed Honduras, a wet-processed Ethiopia from the Sidamo/Sidama region, and a dried-in-the-fruit Ethiopia from the Yirgacheffe region. This coffee tied for the fourth-highest rating in a tasting of holiday coffees for Coffee Review's December 2016 tasting report. Established in 2010, Red Rooster is an organic-certified micro-roaster focusing on socially conscious coffee and high-quality coffee. Visit redroostercoffee.com or call 540-745-7338 for more information.

The Bottom Line: A classic coffee blend, sweet and rich, packaged in a hand-printed bag featuring local art, and one in a series of Red Rooster's special Advent calendar coffee releases.

Hope you all like it.  We've got to be sure to save some for Carleen.  I'm not sure how much 12 ounces makes, but it would take a little while for another order to get here from Virginia.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
A special day deserves a special coffee and pastries.  The lady at the bakery said this was the top of the line coffee;  Red Rooster Coffee Roaster "Sweet Holiday Blend".  Here's the write up on it:

QuoteBlind Assessment:
Delicately rich, crisp, balanced. Dried apricot, baker's chocolate, rhododendron, orange zest, cinnamon in aroma and cup. Lively, juicy acidity; velvety mouthfeel. Cinnamon-like spice leads in the short finish; dried fruit and vanilla-like flowers resonate in the long.

Notes:
Certified organic. A blend composed of a wet-processed Honduras, a wet-processed Ethiopia from the Sidamo/Sidama region, and a dried-in-the-fruit Ethiopia from the Yirgacheffe region. This coffee tied for the fourth-highest rating in a tasting of holiday coffees for Coffee Review's December 2016 tasting report. Established in 2010, Red Rooster is an organic-certified micro-roaster focusing on socially conscious coffee and high-quality coffee. Visit redroostercoffee.com or call 540-745-7338 for more information.

The Bottom Line: A classic coffee blend, sweet and rich, packaged in a hand-printed bag featuring local art, and one in a series of Red Rooster's special Advent calendar coffee releases.

Hope you all like it.  We've got to be sure to save some for Carleen.  I'm not sure how much 12 ounces makes, but it would take a little while for another order to get here from Virginia.

My my dymphna, you will have the whole forum eating out of your hand with those offerings. You sure are a gracious southerner! Before I know it everyone is going to be asking you to take over good morning! Me too. I'll be right with them with my coffee cup and napkin for my pastry.

So doctor visit confirmed suspicions. Displaced rib. Broken wrist. That was some picnic table.  I'll live. Got meds squared away and got weighed, eck. That's the worst part of a doctors visit. But 3 wks. of stomach problems hasn't hurt me in that area of interest. 8 lbs dropped. She was pretty sure it was a result of the injury. Not a virus. Might have to see a chiropractor. To get rib back in,place. But who cares I say. Who cares.

Going to 5:00 Mass tonight. yahoo! New car, new meds, new weight. Does it get any better. And a beautiful Mass for our beautiful mother. No, it doesn't get better than this.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 02:06:07 PM

QuoteBlind Assessment:

Notes:

My my dymphna, you will have the whole forum eating out of your hand with those offerings. You sure are a gracious southerner! Before I know it everyone is going to be asking you to take over good morning! Me too. I'll be right with them with my coffee cup and napkin for my pastry.

So doctor visit confirmed suspicions. Displaced rib. Broken wrist. That was some picnic table.  I'll live. Got meds squared away and got weighed, eck. That's the worst part of a doctors visit. But 3 wks. of stomach problems hasn't hurt me in that area of interest. 8 lbs dropped. She was pretty sure it was a result of the injury. Not a virus. Might have to see a chiropractor. To get rib back in,place. But who cares I say. Who cares.

Going to 5:00 Mass tonight. yahoo! New car, new meds, new weight. Does it get any better. And a beautiful Mass for our beautiful mother. No, it doesn't get better than this.

Not only do I not want the Good Morning thread management position, I couldn't do it.  These are not my regular hours.  I just happened to be up to do some penance for my Grandmother who's birthday was today and to maybe give our Blessed Mother a pitiful morsel on her special day.  This thread is your baby, Carleen.  No one could manage it the way you do.  No one would show up.  Only crickets.

I'm so glad you finally got to the doctor.  Please leave the picnic table weight lifting category out of your future repertoire.  In case your doctor failed mention that.   ;)  How in the world were you typing with a broken wrist?  And to offer it all up?  Props to you, Lady.  Hopefully now you can start healing.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 08, 2016, 03:00:24 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 02:06:07 PM

QuoteBlind Assessment:

Notes:

Not only do I not want the Good Morning thread management position, I couldn't do it.  These are not my regular hours.  I just happened to be up to do some penance for my Grandmother who's birthday was today and to maybe give our Blessed Mother a pitiful morsel on her special day.  This thread is your baby, Carleen.  No one could manage it the way you do.  No one would show up.  Only crickets.

I'm so glad you finally got to the doctor.  Please leave the picnic table weight lifting category out of your future repertoire.  In case your doctor failed mention that.   ;)  How in the world were you typing with a broken wrist?  And to offer it all up?  Props to you, Lady.  Hopefully now you can start healing.

Oh, dymphna, you do go on I am just looking for an easy way out of the suffering due me in purgatory. I'll tolerate anything here, now on this earth. Whatever He throws at me can not possibly be worse than the suffering of purgatory. Which, scares me. It truly does.So, being a wimp I prefer bodily sufferings..those I I know. The suffering of purgatory I do not know.

You mentioned typing. I type on my tablet using one finger. Typing on a real keyboard just doesn't work for me. The palsy in the left hand makes it useless on a key board. I can't control it. The wrist doesn't hurt when I only use one finger. My doctor is trying a new drug that may help the palsy. Fingers crossed. There is so much I can't do because of it. I just hope they don't have to go in and fix it. It's all I have. I must be able to do my hair, first and foremost, which is essential, I tell you. Essential. God knows vanity is in me and I pray He will help me with this. Either remove my vanity, or just let me have the use of my right hand even if they have to fix it.

I will keep my mini moderator position. The two threads will die if I don't do my morning and nite time babbling. Kaese, doesn't know this, but I have become one of his moderators. In a teeny tiny way. Maybe I should request a color I can use when I have to be tough. Like when the issue of the bubbles came up. I really could have used a color when I was firmly correcting you dymphna. I won't over use it. I won't weild it arrogantly. No. I will be humble but firm. Maybe we can start a petition with names requesting a color for my fraternal correction of the go to bedders, and the good morningers. I could use a little input on this my friends. Really, be straight with me. Be truthful, but kind. Am I or am I not one of the forum moderators, even though just a teeny tiny barely there moderator, and thereforeven This is very important should be assigned a color to use for warnings and correction. Opinions please.

Carleendiane

Sorry. Double post.

Carleendiane

OPEN!!!!! I have to head out for blood work and xrays. So you guys are on your own. Got a pot of Gevalia this morning. Son made it a bit too strong. Roads are slick today. I will go slow. Actually hubby will be driving me because of new meds. On Lyrica now so well see how I do on it. Also, new pain med. Don't want an accident! So glad to finally get this done. Been quite a while since getting clobbered by the picnic table. So my friends, say a quick one for safe trip. Going into Jackson. It's the main roads. Back roads are dirt so no problem.

Jayne

Good morning everyone.  I am very sleepy this morning so I need a wake up song.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ziku4FLka4&list=RDctfDBR90-6Q&index=4[/yt]

Carleendiane

Jayne! Sleepy Jayne! Thanks for the wake up song. You have such good taste in music.