Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on December 05, 2016, 09:15:42 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2016, 08:39:00 AM
I like them both. To tell the truth, I have never, in my life, had my nails done, so what do I know. Dymphna, this is a dilema. You may need to speak to a professional.

Me neither.  I rarely even paint my fingernails because the "peeling" part of my nature tends to come out and I waste time (and polish) by seeing how big of strips I can get to peel off in one swoop, pretty much defeating the whole purpose of painting them in the first place! 

I'm impressed you can do that yourself though, Dymphna!  I have no idea about the process... are they acrylic nails?  Do you paint the designs onto the nails and then put them on your fingers?  Or do you already have them on your fingers and then work on the details?

I've never had acrylic's on my nails.  I think it would drive me crazy even though they are usually very pretty.  I usually go on Pinterest to get inspiration.  Here's one I did that I really liked:

Or this one for summer:

Sorry about the size of these, my computer is acting up and won't let me into resize.  *Finally got it fixed!

And here are the Christmas nails:

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Monet! So those are your nails!  No matter how many stupid headaches you get, you still have great nails. Just lovely my friend. You are an artist.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2016, 07:10:32 AM
MLG! MORNING! Put a pot on please. Use the good stuff.

I need a caffeine drip this morning. I still haven't woke up yet and it's 11:22 am.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on December 05, 2016, 11:22:23 AM

I need a caffeine drip this morning. I still haven't woke up yet and it's 11:22 am.

MLG, sometimes UP is just an exercise of the WILL. Coffee only supports UP. You must get UP, so you can go to bed later. You see? That's how it works. I know this from experience.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2016, 11:28:53 AM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on December 05, 2016, 11:22:23 AM

MLG, sometimes UP is just an exercise of the WILL. Coffee only supports UP. You must get UP, so you can go to bed later. You see? That's how it works. I know this from experience.

Yeah, I'm physically at work right now.  Mentally asleep.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Dymphna, OH most queeny of the nail queens. I have nails that grow like crazy. I used to polish and keep them nice. Since I can no longer polish my nails due to palsy in left hand, my nails can only be kept short. My thumbnails are so firm they have to be cut with toenail clippers. My toenails have to be cut with hedge trimmers. Everything else is wacky on me, but hair and nails are tip top. Go figure.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on December 05, 2016, 09:18:53 AM
Carleen, have you seen this?  Oh, and good morning to you all, too!  :)

LYDIA! You found our you tube! Yes,  Logan and I can really cut a rug. We've been Irish dancing for years. Sweet huh? Really, that's us. Not kidding.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2016, 11:35:26 AM
Dymphna, OH most queeny of the nail queens. I have nails that grow like crazy. I used to polish and keep them nice. Since I can no longer polish my nails due to palsy in left hand, my nails can only be kept short. My thumbnails are so firm they have to be cut with toenail clippers. My toenails have to be cut with hedge trimmers. Everything else is wacky on me, but hair and nails are tip top. Go figure.

maryslittlegarden, it's Monday, so you are entitled to be tired.  Just try to keep the snoring to a minimum so you don't wake your co-workers.   ;)

Oh Carleen!  You have nails like my Mom did.  She would soak in the tub a while to get them to soften up enough for the clippers to cut them.  You've got to have something good about you.  On the days my stupid head isn't too bad, I get bored and painting my nails helps because it gives me something to concentrate on for a couple of hours.  That includes finding something cute to do.  Anyway, that's my world right now.  How is everybody else doing?  We've got a wacky Carleen and a snoring, with her eyes open and fingers moving MLG.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2016, 12:23:05 PM

LYDIA! You found our you tube! Yes,  Logan and I can really cut a rug. We've been Irish dancing for years. Sweet huh? Really, that's us. Not kidding.

Aha!  I thought so.  You two are good!  Extremely talented -- the both of yah!  ;D

Non Nobis

REALLY, truly?  That's sweet and amazing.  My cat can't do that - neither can I.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on December 05, 2016, 11:47:33 PM

REALLY, truly?  That's sweet and amazing.  My cat can't do that - neither can I.

Non, I can't dance and my dog can't dance. I was just joking. But...I do wish those were my legs.  I believe my dog could do it if he was trained to. He can do anthing. Non...your cat is not trained to do tricks. Or you. But you could if you tried.

Carleendiane

Wow, for this moment I am the only one signed in. Good morning Carleen, put a pot on. Ok.

Carleendiane

Jayne, you got a st Nicholas pic for us?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on December 05, 2016, 11:47:33 PM

Non. Thank you for even thinking my dog and I can do that. And that those could be my legs.  :grouphug:

Carleendiane

MLG, I see you. Hurry get a cup while it's fresh. And I still have an Iv left.