Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Zzz

Tired
My sister is here today

I think the Hilary supporters are going to wear pamtsuits she said all the women at the polling place she said it was nuts pamtsuits everywhere

my medsmake me tired and I slept through PT

Can't sleep through speech going to try talking today 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Jayne on November 08, 2016, 07:56:26 AM
I'm dressed in grey today.  No political implications that I'm aware of.  It just goes with my hair.  I'm going for a Gandalf the Grey look, but without the pipe. Or the beard.

On second thought, it's not just the lack of pipe and beard.  I am shorter and chubbier than Gandalf.  I wear glasses.  I have short curly hair.  I don't carry a staff.  And I'm female.  I may not succeed in pulling off this look.

Nevertheless, I am wearing a grey hoodie.  That's gotta be good for something. 8)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Fleur-de-Lys

I think Gandalf is a great look. I go for that myself. Long, dark-colored skirts, woolen capes and shawls, long hair blowing in the wind. I need to get me a staff to carry. Then I'd have it down.

Lydia Purpuraria

Well, I can't say that I'm wearing any grey at the moment; but I am drinking some double bergamot earl grey tea...  not really in the mood for coffee this (mid-) morning.

:hide:

martin88nyc

I am coming down with something. 'twas cold last night and windy.  :(
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Christina_S

I'm packing up to go home for a few days. Haven't been home for two months, so I figured reading week is a fine time to do so. I'll probably leave after lunch, and during the 3 hour drive, I will be praying for my southern neighbors. God bless 'Murica.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Jayne

I tried stopping by the local Novus Ordo church to pray with the Blessed Sacrament.  However I got there minutes before a funeral and it was filled with chattering people so it was not conducive to quiet prayer.  I just said a quick prayer and left.

Carleendiane

Jayne, I left the thread in your hands and you left. Who knows what could a happened. But, thanks for your prayers. I need them today. But back to your leaving. You left Ches with an IV. Now, I know you are not a nurse and do not pretend to be one, but I know you know how to dial 911. Thank God nothing happened! Ches, you OK buddy?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on November 08, 2016, 10:28:47 AM

Martin, don't bite your nails, one never knows what could be under a finger nail. This may be why you are coming down with something.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ches, do not sleep through therapy. That makes it awful hard to make progress. Talking therapy is a must. Please, wake up.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 08, 2016, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on November 08, 2016, 10:28:47 AM

Martin, don't bite your nails, one never knows what could be under a finger nail. This may be why you are coming down with something.
Nah, it was just a figure of speech. I cannot even bite my nails because my teeth hurt  :)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jayne

I'm not sure if anyone will make it here this morning, but if people do, I expect them to need this:

And don't skip your coffee.  Caffeine withdrawal can make hangover symptoms worse.

Pheo

I was up way too late haha.  Not a sip of beer, but I definitely feel like I have a hangover.

Congrats, 'Murica.  We got Trudeau, but you guys got Trump.  I doubt Junior will be able to charm him with his hair.  The man obviously isn't yugely concerned over hair.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Chestertonian

stayedup way too late watching election.  paying for it now very low energy
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, there's always a price to pay, isn't there. There is for me too. My foot drags and hand flails. Anyway, I too am a bit  worried about how he will make things happen. But still more scared of Hillary. She only won the popular vote because of refugees and dead people.