Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Isn't a toque like s chef's hat
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 06, 2016, 06:46:32 AM
Isn't a toque like s chef's hat

Quotetoque
t?k/Submit
noun
a woman's small hat, typically having a narrow, closely turned-up brim.
historical
a small cap or bonnet having a narrow brim or no brim, worn by a man or woman.
a tall white hat with a full pouched crown, worn by chefs. 

Unless you are one toque over the line.   :P
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on November 06, 2016, 05:25:27 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 08:45:26 PM
If I don't have time to post all my good mornings, " GOODS MORNING ALL" Just want to invite you to share some constructive criiticism about how I am doing running this thread. Like do I talk enough....too much? Whatever is on your mind. I can take it. Just don't get all snarkey with me. Do I do that to you? No. Then just shut your mouth and go back to bed. I'll have some scorched coffee for yas when you finally decide to drag your worthless butts out of bed. But i digressl... feel free to pm me. I'm really very open minded.

I think you need to play "hard to get" with this thread. You keep acting like just anybody could post here. What you need to do is be snobby and exclusive. It seems like you are a naturally friendly person so you may find this difficult but I could give you some pointers. I am remarkably good at being haughty and supercillious.

Instead of inviting people to join the thread, you must make it clear that hardly anybody is good enough to post to it. Limit times when you accept new members. Don't give in to flattery from prospective members but hint that you will accept bribes. The goal is that people are begging to post to the thread.

JAYNE!!! You are a genious!!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

So q toque is a knit hat

We just call that a knit cat none of this foux de fafa fremch stuff
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Good Morning. Sorry about my tirade. I will do my duty here with good cheer, big smile, small snark. Get your coffee. Jayne, you have given me some perspective, my friend. If I am too eager for new members they will not come. I can put  out there that there is an exhorbitantl charge for joining this thread which I may consider waiving for some desireables. If they think they should have their fee waved they can pm me. I will let them know.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Hey! I said I'm sorry didn't i? Now put on your big boy pants. Pour your own d**n coffee!

Chestertonian

M confused there's a feev

Carleendiane

Quote from: red solo cup on November 06, 2016, 05:17:40 AM
Quote from: Jayne on November 06, 2016, 04:57:37 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 05, 2016, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: Jayne on November 05, 2016, 07:23:54 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:19:47 AMGrab it and eat your baclava.

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika.  :confused:
u in Canada would a balaclava count as a proper headcpvering for mass

In Canada we wear toques. This is the national headcovering and is appropriate for all places during the months from December to March.   Most of the balaclavas here are convertible ones that can be switched to toque mode, either for weather conditions or bursts of patriotic fervour. Another reason to toque it up would be church attendance, a toque being a proper headcovering for Mass while a balaclava is not.
Ever been one toque over the line?

In my past life. I assume you too, Red And Red......Yes and no? That was entirely not helpful. Talk to Jayne. She can use the words *geesh*. She can help your skimpy wordiness. But, thanks for being a semi-regular here.

Carleendiane

Chestertonian

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 06, 2016, 08:08:12 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 06, 2016, 08:05:08 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 06, 2016, 08:01:57 AM

A feev? M confused, Ches.
a fee

You got into the good morning thread for free. Under the grandfather clause, I cannot charge you now. The charge now is meant to draw new members to the morning club. If they think I'm just a cheap trick, they won't come. But if they actually invest in the thread (pay fee). They will not only come, but see the thread does not wane. You see?

Jayne

A toque looks like this:

The word "Canada" being written on it is optional when a genuine Canadian wears it.  The word "toque" may also be spelled "tuque" or "touque".  That thing we do with u gets really crazy in this word.

That definition that Dymphna found is all wrong.  It looks like the work of CSD (Canadian Stategic Disinformation).  Because of the constant danger of infiltration by Americans, we need to do this.  You can't even take everything that I say about Canada seriously.  My old CAF training kicks in.  But I rest easier at night knowing that any American trying to imitate a Canadian based on my posts will be immediately identified and apprehended.

CSD is one of the top military strategies that Canada depends on, along with the secret army (the one people know about is merely for creating a false sense of security in our enemies) and the trained polar bears.  We all do our bit to keep our country safe.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 06, 2016, 08:15:09 AM

a fee

You got into the good morning thread for free. Under the grandfather clause, I cannot charge you now. The charge now is meant to draw new members to the morning club. If they think I'm just a cheap trick, they won't come. But if they actually invest in the thread (pay fee). They will not only come, but see the thread does not wane. You see?
what's the fee

Sometimes you can attract people by offering stuff for free

Like there tis laundromat around here and they give you a free glass of orange juice

How many laundromat  do that

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 06, 2016, 08:25:52 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 06, 2016, 08:15:09 AM

a fee

what's the fee

Sometimes you can attract people by offering stuff for free

Like there tis laundromat around here and they give you a free glass of orange juice

How many laundromat  do that

Free is fine for the poor, like you and i. But the high class like a joining fee more than free. Kinda like a club fee. It would make them happy to talk about the exhorbitant, fee they paid to be part of this thread. OH! You asked what IS the fee? Gonna have to run that by Kaese. Still working out the details. But I will say this. It's gonna be YUGE!

Chestertonian

If you're going to charge an exorbitant fee you might have to switch to single origin coffee roasted in small batches and artisan pastries and 21 year scotch with cigars in the good night thread... People will be expecting a lot more