Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

For those who are unfamiliar with balaika, it sound like this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn06W-iBfkQ[/yt]

Remember, in Soviet Russia, music play you.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Chestertonian, just so you know.....I'll not be dictated to by special interest groups. Just because I closed go to bed, doesn't mean I can't open it up again, if I so wish. Had to get that off my chest. It hurt.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Jayne on November 05, 2016, 07:23:54 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:19:47 AMGrab it and eat your baclava.

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika.  :confused:
u in Canada would a balaclava count as a proper headcpvering for mass
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 05, 2016, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:19:47 AMGrab it and eat your baclava.

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika.  :confused:

That would be babushka. Now get out of the morning thread, Ches. Boy, you do get around.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

If I don't have time to post all my good mornings, " GOODS MORNING ALL" Just want to invite you to share some constructive criiticism about how I am doing running this thread. Like do I talk enough....too much? Whatever is on your mind. I can take it. Just don't get all snarkey with me. Do I do that to you? No. Then just shut your mouth and go back to bed. I'll have some scorched coffee for yas when you finally decide to drag your worthless butts out of bed. But i digressl... feel free to pm me. I'm really very open minded.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 08:45:26 PM
If I don't have time to post all my good mornings, " GOODS MORNING ALL" Just want to invite you to share some constructive criiticism about how I am doing running this thread. Like do I talk enough....too much? Whatever is on your mind. I can take it. Just don't get all snarkey with me. Do I do that to you? No. Then just shut your mouth and go back to bed. I'll have some scorched coffee for yas when you finally decide to drag your worthless butts out of bed. But i digressl... feel free to pm me. I'm really very open minded.

I'm not.  What's a day without snark?  A long boring one.  :P  Do you want me to start rolling them out of bed in the morning?  You must be doing something right.  This thread is up to 35 pages. 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 05, 2016, 11:21:46 PM

I'm not.  What's a day without snark?  A long boring one.  :P  Do you want me to start rolling them out of bed in the morning?  You must be doing something right.  This thread is up to 35 pages.

Dymphna, if I do anything right it's probably by accident. And yes they all need to get ready for church. I will be out the door early because we are going to Detroit for Mass. Let Ches sleep. He's had a couple tough days. God bless him.The dear boy. And thank you . You spoil me.

Jayne

In Canada we wear toques. This is the national headcovering and is appropriate for all places during the months from December to March.   Most of the balaclavas here are convertible ones that can be switched to toque mode, either for weather conditions or bursts of patriotic fervour. Another reason to toque it up would be church attendance, a toque being a proper headcovering for Mass while a balaclava is not.

Bernadette

Quote from: Jayne on November 06, 2016, 04:57:37 AM

In Canada we wear toques. This is the national headcovering and is appropriate for all places during the months from December to March.   Most of the balaclavas here are convertible ones that can be switched to toque mode, either for weather conditions or bursts of patriotic fervour. Another reason to toque it up would be church attendance, a toque being a proper headcovering for Mass while a balaclava is not.

An old priest once said to me, holding up a toque: "What do you call this?" I think he'd heard "beanie" and "toboggan." I, however, influenced by my Canadian cousin and my uncle's years living in Canada, said: "That's a toque." He'd never heard that one before.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

I forgot to say good morning in my last post. I think it's morning. I feel like it's morning. I can't trust any of the clocks. Some of them change automatically and others do not. Even when I'm home I can never remember which is which and it's worse here at my parents. I'm not expecting any help from them. They probably don't even know what day it is.

I want my husband. He always knows these things. I must add this to my list of reasons why I'm glad I married him. 

red solo cup

Yes and no.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Ever been one toque over the line?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

I think you need to play "hard to get" with this thread. You keep acting like just anybody could post here. What you need to do is be snobby and exclusive. It seems like you are a naturally friendly person so you may find this difficult but I could give you some pointers. I am remarkably good at being haughty and supercillious.

Instead of inviting people to join the thread, you must make it clear that hardly anybody is good enough to post to it. Limit times when you accept new members. Don't give in to flattery from prospective members but hint that you will accept bribes. The goal is that people are begging to post to the thread.

Jayne

Quote from: red solo cup on November 06, 2016, 05:17:40 AM

This typically happens to Canadians when we are young and have not yet learned to handle our beer. Fortunately we normally get this straightened out in kindergarten. Dealing with this is one of the main resposibilities of kindergarten teachers which is why the profession is so highly respected here. You can always impress a Canadian by saying you are a kindergarten teacher.

dymphna17

Quote from: Jayne on November 06, 2016, 05:34:15 AM
Quote from: red solo cup on November 06, 2016, 05:17:40 AM

This typically happens to Canadians when we are young and have not yet learned to handle our beer. Fortunately we normally get this straightened out in kindergarten. Dealing with this is one of the main resposibilities of kindergarten teachers which is why the profession is so highly respected here. You can always impress a Canadian by saying you are a kindergarten teacher.

:rofl:
'... sweet Jesus' ... 'sittin' downtown in a railway station ...'

Apparently not, Red.   :lol:  :whistling:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica