Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Carleendiane

Thank you, Vetus. And a hearty welcome to Good Morning. Hope you enjoyed yourself and helped yourself to our virtually bottomless pot of coffee!  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good Morning everyone! Got a cup for everyone! Cheers!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning. I forgot it was Sunday and slept in.

Carleendiane

Off we go! Dear Lord, stay with me...I may leave You. :-\ Such as I am.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 26, 2017, 10:09:08 AM
Off we go! Dear Lord, stay with me...I may leave You. :-\ Such as I am.

I hear ya.  I am struggling to stay the course these days, too  :pray3:

Lumen Christi

I had to miss Mass this Sunday because of my dog's surgery. I should be good to go for next week, though! He gets his stitches taken out on the 30th.

Carleendiane

Good morning, all. A beautiful day. Still lazy here, but in motion, so I should be productive by noon  :)

dymphna17

Good morning to you too!  It's cloudy and a little chilly, but the wind has died down so it won't be too terrible out there.  Here's to a new day to work our way to heaven!!   :beer:   :)

Did anyone get anything exciting on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?  It's been several years since I've done any shopping on those days.  There was a couple of years that we spent the night camped out in front of Best Buy for Black Friday.  We just haven't needed anything since then.  One year we did it for some elderly friends.  One couple needed a new printer but hadn't been able to afford it and another needed a new desktop computer.  Neither couple would have been able to stay out in the cold all night, so out we went.  Suddenly we were getting calls from family members and other friends who put in their orders, "since you are going to be out there anyway...".   :lol:  We didn't care, it was fun.  Other years, Hubby's family would pour through the ads, make lists, and then we would each take a store to shop.  We got alot of good things that way. But that was before Cyber Monday and Amazon.  This year I finally broke down and ordered sheets and towels and now I have a new crock pot on the way!  I didn't realize how small mine was until I measured it against what I ordered.  It's never really held everything I put with a roast.  Yesterday I found out why.  It was only a 4 quart round crock pot!  So having a 6 quart oval is going to be a dream.  All the celery and carrots I want should fit in there nicely!  I do hope this new one lasts as long as my old one.  It was a wedding gift!   :eek:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

All I bought was a gift card for my Reddit Secret Santa gift-ee, and I didn't get a discount on that.  :P I was hoping that Amazon would have some good kindle books on sale, but no luck.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Hi, Bird. I have never done a secret Santa. Hard to chose between a gift or a mass. How about both?

Carleendiane

It's bright and beautiful out! Get up! Got the coffee made and A huge breakfast on the table. Or a slice of toast if that is desired. Here to please! :)

Carleendiane

Choir practices tonight. This means, afterward, their buffet will include meats! Practice is usually on a friday, so then their fare consists of salmon, swordfish, tuna casserole, shrimp and crab. Plus many types soup, breads, salads. Never boring, but meats open up more food possibilities. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, soft drinks. No matter what, they always have a beautiful buffet. Come on over, enjoy the music and the food!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2017, 09:18:40 AM
Choir practices tonight. This means, afterward, their buffet will include meats! Practice is usually on a friday, so then their fare consists of salmon, swordfish, tuna casserole, shrimp and crab. Plus many types soup, breads, salads. Never boring, but meats open up more food possibilities. Wine, beer, mixed drinks, soft drinks. No matter what, they always have a beautiful buffet. Come on over, enjoy the music and the food!

That really makes me wish I had a singing voice!  Maybe if I came as the cleanup crew they would share a morsel or two?   :huh: :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

They would love a clean up person, Dymphna! That would be a free meal for you and their undying gratitude!