PETITION: Save SSPX chapel building in San Diego!

Started by Non Nobis, January 29, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

PerEvangelicaDicta

not on the website yet.  I'll keep searching next few days.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Non Nobis

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on January 31, 2018, 10:54:52 PM
not on the website yet.  I'll keep searching next few days.

You are so kind.  I'll try too when I have a chance.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Got it to go through at last, Non!  Also checked on the SSPX site on Face Book and found where someone had posted it already.  I'm going to include this in my Our Lady of Lourdes novena.   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

mikemac

I tried again.  It looks like it worked okay this time.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Non Nobis

Sorry for bumping this thread Kaese, but our SSPX St. John Bosco Mission will lose its chapel at the end of June unless we (and various other San Diegans) stop the building's conversion for secular use.

Here's a recent article in our local paper about it:  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/columnists/logan-jenkins/sd-me-jenkins-chapel-20180525-story.html

Note that  the building is shared (rented) both by the CMRI and by the SSPX (we otherwise have nothing to do with each other).  The priest mentioned in the article is the CMRI priest.

Our mayor has been asked to interfere here, and we are hoping he and legal historical requirements will have enough power against the "Almighty Dollar" to save our chapel, but "bad things happen".

I will post in the Prayer Intentions thread also. Please pray even if you don't go there! (And sign the petition if you haven't!)

OP:

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 29, 2018, 08:37:40 PM
My SSPX St. John Bosco Mission chapel in San Diego has been renting a beautiful historic chapel building (it is also used by the CMRI and by other religious groups).  But the new owner of the building, the Corky McMillin Company, will stop renting it out after June 30, 2018, and plans to turn it into a rock concert venue and/or restaurant - believe it or not.

Please sign this petition to stop this from happening - and pray.
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/preserve-a-historic-san-diego-site-north-chapel

Pray that we will not lose our home, or will find another one if that is God's will.

Thank you.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Greg

Perhaps they should have something to do with each other.

You might hope, that for the sake of fighting this, the CMRI and SSPX could put their differences aside.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Non Nobis

We (or rather, Our Lady) won the battle! We'll be able to rent the chapel through the end of 2018. We are still fighting for more - permanent legal protection of the historic building for religious use, the purpose for which it was built. See and add your prayers:  https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=20082.msg446204#msg446204

Quote from: Greg on June 24, 2018, 01:07:35 AM
Perhaps they should have something to do with each other.

You might hope, that for the sake of fighting this, the CMRI and SSPX could put their differences aside.

I have never been aware of intense animosity, just that we don't agree with each other and have Masses at the opposite end of the day (this was not arranged to separate us, only because of the hours of availability of the traveling priest).  We didn't hide our fighting for the chapel, and at least a couple of their group showed up to fight too.

Of course it is good for us to work together.

spasiisochrani

Instead of pressuring the local government into restricting the owner's use of the property, why aren't you trying to buy it?