150 Reasons Why I Am a Catholic

Started by Christknight104, January 10, 2013, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christknight104

This is mostly directed towards the Protestant heretics, who far outnumber the Eastern Schismatics

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4560728/150-Reasons-Why-i-Am-a-Catholic

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Christknight104 on January 10, 2013, 12:50:52 PMThis is mostly directed towards the Protestant heretics, who far outnumber the Eastern Schismatics

Worldwide, I believe the Eastern Orthodox outnumber the Protestants, but in the Anglophone world, the Orthodox are numerically insignificant or at least out of sight.

Christknight104

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 10, 2013, 01:39:47 PM
Quote from: Christknight104 on January 10, 2013, 12:50:52 PMThis is mostly directed towards the Protestant heretics, who far outnumber the Eastern Schismatics

Worldwide, I believe the Eastern Orthodox outnumber the Protestants, but in the Anglophone world, the Orthodox are numerically insignificant or at least out of sight.

It depends on how you count the population of Protestants. If considered as a single group, Protestanism is the second largest congregation. If Protestants are considered to be divided into multiple sects, then the Eastern Orthodox outnumber them.  Based on numbers of adherents  alone, the East Orthodox number up to 225 worldwide while the Protestants number to at least 800 million. The Protestants heretics have also made great inroads in tradional Catholic countries in Latin America and the Philippines, where they are setting up their despicable mega churches. At least Anglicanism is dying and Evangelicalism in the US is in decline.