Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

a fast and furious movie with a plotline? 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 05, 2015, 08:40:59 PM

Yeah.

"Race cars in a more ridiculous and mind-blowing way than last time."

Mission accomplished.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 05, 2015, 08:42:12 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on May 05, 2015, 08:40:59 PM

Yeah.

"Race cars in a more ridiculous and mind-blowing way than last time."

Mission accomplished.
lol

with more explosions than last time?
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MundaCorMeum

Wait...there's 7 of those films now?!  And you guys think chick flicks are obnoxious  ::)

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 05, 2015, 08:54:08 PM
Wait...there's 7 of those films now?!  And you guys think chick flicks are obnoxious  ::)

loss of those movies don't have plots either is just the same hugh grant / drew barrymore love story drinking cosmos taljing about shoes until they get married or their ocean liner sinks

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 05, 2015, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 05, 2015, 08:54:08 PM

loss of those movies don't have plots either is just the same hugh grant / drew barrymore love story drinking cosmos taljing about shoes until they get married or their ocean liner sinks

I know...I was just joking/being sarcastic  :)

Older Salt

"Out of the Past"

Robert Mitchum
Jane Greer,
Kirk Douglas.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Larry

Quote from: Older Salt on May 06, 2015, 10:39:42 AM
"Out of the Past"

Robert Mitchum
Jane Greer,
Kirk Douglas.

Great movie!

I saw Avengers 2 yesterday. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Older Salt on May 06, 2015, 10:39:42 AM
"Out of the Past"

Robert Mitchum
Jane Greer,
Kirk Douglas.

Gotta check that one out - great cast.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

JubilateDeo

The Wizard of Oz, for the 10th time...

and we are listening to the soundtrack in the car, too.   :whistling:

My little girl is going to be a munchkin in her school play, so she wants to make sure she knows her part.  Being in the Lullaby League is hard work!

Mono no aware

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Mono no aware

Quote from: red solo cup on May 08, 2015, 02:03:12 PM
The previews for this looked intriguing. How was it?

Provocative and fascinating.  The previews suggest more action than is actually there.  It's a pretty cerebral film.  A great meditation on A.I. and androids.

I saw it at a showing where there was some runoff from a sold-out showing of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, so for some of the audience it was a hastily-improvised second choice.  You know the type: these fat people with their "Life is good." t-shirts and shin-length shorts and adidas sandals, shuffling in with a plate of nachos resting on their protruding belly while they chat on their cellphones.   I was worried that they might either talk throughout it or offer commentary.  But the movie really shut them down.  It gets unnerving and disturbing early on, and it proceeds with an eerie self-confidence.  At one point one of the characters beings to coolly describe the, um, "gynecological aspect" of an android he's created.  That's material that could easily flunk, and get unintentional laughs.  But instead, you could hear a pin drop.

erin is nice

I went to a very fancy movie theater last night to see Heaven Adores You, the new Elliott Smith documentary. My sister said 'why do you want to see that? It's going to be so depressing' — but it wasn't depressing at all. I really enjoyed it.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELTtAzt1NzQ[/yt]