Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

A Night in Old Mexico with Robert Duvall. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Michael Wilson

Captain America, The Winter Soldier.
I thought it was pretty entertaining.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: red solo cup on April 11, 2015, 12:52:22 PM

I love Robert Duvall - really good actor.  The Apostle is a good movie of his.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Maximilian

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on April 18, 2015, 12:55:01 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on April 11, 2015, 12:52:22 PM

I love Robert Duvall - really good actor.  The Apostle is a good movie of his.

Yes, on both counts.

red solo cup

Agreed. I thought The Apostle was marvelous. Especially at the beginning when that person was dying in the car accident.
I read that later in the movie when the little old black ladies where taking the bus to church, that they were real people not actors.
That they were genuine in what they were saying. Very cool.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bonaventure on April 19, 2015, 10:15:53 AM
Big Hero Six

How was it?   It looked cute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 19, 2015, 01:16:02 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on April 19, 2015, 10:15:53 AM
Big Hero Six

How was it?   It looked cute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I liked it. The robot, Baymax, is cute.

Check it out.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Rose

Ender's Game, repeat viewing. It's pretty entertaining :)

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Jacob

I have seen the little bits over the years showing the most famous parts, the shadows, the sewer, etc.  But I had never sat down to watch it all the way through until yesterday.

The Third Man... Wow!

Yet another movie I should have seen twenty years ago, but always put aside for another day...  Shame on me.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Heinrich

Archer,

Thanks for promoting Scarlet. I would like to see it again.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Archer

Quote from: Heinrich on April 25, 2015, 01:26:12 PM
Archer,

Thanks for promoting Scarlet. I would like to see it again.
Great flick. Only part I dislike is the portrayal of the relationship between O'Flaherty and Mrs. Lambardo. She is far too familiar with him - probably a 'Hollywood defect.'
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Rose

I love that movie :) only thing I would add is that I don't like Gregory Peck's frequent use of "Holy Mother!" etc...not really used as a prayer but as an "oh boy!" kind of expression.

AF and I watched "Saving Mr Banks" yesterday. Emma Thompson is possibly my favourite actress ever and this was one of her finest.
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux