To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximilian

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 01, 2016, 07:21:37 PM
My childhood faves

this is my song

Thank you for posting these. I had never heard of the Kelly Family before. This is quite amazing.

Here is more information about them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kelly_Family

The Kelly Family was an Irish-American-European music group consisting of a multi-generational family, who play a repertoire of rock, pop and folk music. They have had chart and concert success in Europe and other parts of the world, especially in Germany, the Benelux countries, Scandinavia, Poland, Spain and Portugal. They have sold over 20 million albums since the early 1980s.

For many years, the group presented a gypsy image and a vagabonding lifestyle, travelling around Europe in a double-decker bus and houseboat. Their image was enhanced by their eclectic and often homemade clothing, and the very long hair worn by both male and female members of the band. In recent years, they have presented a more mainstream look.

martin88nyc

They weren't known in USA but in Europe they had a status similar to the Beatles. Very talented family. they have many many good songs. I come back to their music from time to time and it truly is timeless and angelic. Roses of red is another of their songs  I hold dear. Angelo, the youngest has a beautiful family on his own. they homeschool and live very traditionally. There are short series on YouTube about him and his family.
I really liked Patricia and Kathy especially for her powerful voice.
I personally think that many trad families would find them very appealing.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Maximilian

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 03, 2016, 02:42:12 PM

Angelo, the youngest has a beautiful family on his own. they homeschool and live very traditionally. There are short series on YouTube about him and his family.

Great video. Thanks for the tip!

martin88nyc

Yup, glad you like them. Although I must warn you that I saw them on videos performing in churches or at least something that looks like a church so don't dislike hem for that. we all know that the modernism is thriving but there good people amid storms.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

martin88nyc

Carleendiane

Listening to my dog pant heavily. Such humid hot weather. Listening to whatever my husband hops to on the internet. Many annoying female voices and stupid men. Still trying to convince us there is no evidence of a crime by Killary.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 08, 2016, 07:34:40 PM
Listening to my dog pant heavily. Such humid hot weather. Listening to whatever my husband hops to on the internet. Many annoying female voices and stupid men. Still trying to convince us there is no evidence of a crime by Killary.
:laugh:

red solo cup

erin is nice

abc123

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7XJcQVXtuY[/yt]

I can't believe I just recently discovered these guys considering they are from my neck of the woods. My brother-in-law actually informed my that the lead singer tried out for his band back in the early 2000's but that they just had different music styles.

LausTibiChriste

These songs are currently labelled 'sick': (the Ibiza one is slightly inappropriate, fyi)

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica