Possible trip to San Diego

Started by Bernadette, March 02, 2024, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

My uncle Tom has invited my aunt and me to visit him in San Diego in the Spring. I think this will be good for me, as I'm getting somewhat depressed. Where should I go to Mass while I'm there? And what should I make a point of seeing/doing?
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

The Naval shipyards, or what you can see of them publicly (if you're interested). I've heard from a friend the zoo is top notch as well.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

TradGranny

Agree with Drummerboy about the world famous ZOO! Seeing the imagination of our Creator will lift your spirits. (It's outrageously expersive.)

We also like the San Diego Mission, Old Town, Seaport Village, Mission Bay.

Depending on which TLM you prefer, you can look online. I like Traditio.

https://www.missionsandiego.org/
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Bernadette

So I've just googled and discovered that San Diego has multiple Latin Mass options! I can't wait to go now!
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

This looks like it might be happening in May. It depends on my uncle. We might actually be driving out, which I would prefer infinitely to flying.  :pray3:
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

Quote from: Bernadette on Today at 06:10:15 AMThis looks like it might be happening in May. It depends on my uncle. We might actually be driving out, which I would prefer infinitely to flying.  :pray3:

Nice! I too immensely prefer driving experience over flying one. Hopefully it works out!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ