Unpopular Baby Names

Started by The Curt Jester, May 06, 2019, 04:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Since they're not dead yet, just translated, are they (Enoch and Elijah) referred to as Saints?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

clau clau

I don't imaging Adolf is very popular.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Patriarch

Quote from: Gardener on May 10, 2019, 01:00:36 PM
Since they're not dead yet, just translated, are they (Enoch and Elijah) referred to as Saints?

Yes: they're St Elias and St Henoch. In the Eastern Churches, they're given the moniker or title of 'saint'. There's a St Elijah or St Elias Melchite Catholic Church about an hour or so away from me.
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

Non Nobis

I have a nephew named Francis, named before Pope Francis was elected.  I actually once thought someone was talking about the Pope when they were really talking about my nephew.  It would be even more embarrassing to explain the exact context.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!