Traditional Catholic Teaching on Amy Barrett Being a Supreme Court Justice

Started by Jon Doe, September 23, 2020, 12:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Was it traditional for a woman to go to war like Joan of Arc?

No, but it worked.

A bad tree does not bear good fruits.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

kayla_veronica

She's a person, so I'm sure she has her own faults and virtues. Bummer on her faults, yay for her virtues.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

dellery

Quote from: The Theosist on September 23, 2020, 10:48:42 AM
The OP is the trad-Cat version of this meme.

OP is probably a dimwitted, Left-wing lemming, who thought he could get people to agree with his pathetic bait. You can tell by his moronic projection of what he thinks we are. Reality dogs another brainwashed fool.  ;D
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Jon Doe

Apologies. I mistook this for a Catholic forum.

From the responses it is clear that this is simply another Americanist, feminist, modernist, and thoroughly secularized forum of the Novus Ordo sect.

Have a good day.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Jon Doe on September 23, 2020, 07:07:44 PM

From the responses it is clear that this is simply another Americanist, feminist, modernist, and thoroughly secularized forum of the Novus Ordo sect.

Have a good day.

I thought The Theosist and Dellery were ridiculously rude.  Too bad there is not a thumbs down button.

But (on the outside chance you are reading this) I'm sorry you can't live with the rest of the responses and just discuss them reasonably.  You will have a difficult time finding a forum that agrees with you perfectly.  Greg has a point; in Joan of Arc's time I'm afraid you would have condemned her.  And in our time, a pro-life woman Justice of the Supreme Court might be just what God has in mind for us.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Vetus Ordo

Have a good day.

Please, don't go.

How are we ever going to stop being "another Americanist, feminist, modernist, and thoroughly secularized forum of the Novus Ordo sect" if informed people like you don't stay around to educate us?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

dellery

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 23, 2020, 07:37:09 PM

Have a good day.

I thought The Theosist and Dellery were ridiculously rude.  Too bad there is not a thumbs down button.

Anything but the "thumbs down" button!
Give me a break. The guy's name was John Doe and these were his only posts.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

paul14

Have a good day.

The Three Billy Goats Gruff watched him float far far away.

The goats ate lots of grass and never saw Mr. Troll again.

:seeya:

Philip G.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Jayne

Quote from: Jon Doe on September 23, 2020, 12:00:39 AM
But isn't there something to be said for the proposition that in any civilized and sane Catholic society women would not be and not desire to be Supreme Court Justices, but would rather strive to be the best wives, mothers, and homemakers they can?

We do not live in a civilized and sane Catholic society.  We live in a society that accepts the murder of babies in the womb.  It is about as far from civilized, sane, and Catholic as possible.

And because the rhetoric of the murderers frames abortion as a "woman's right", women need to take more of a leadership role than ideal.  It is helpful for women to be the face of the pro-life movement.  This is not really such a bad thing.  Protection of babies is an extension of woman's natural role, so we are not going against our nature.  Women have always been fierce, strong, and determined when the lives of children were at stake.  It is a paradox in which our deepest female instincts lead to the least feminine behaviour.

If making Amy Barrett a Justice saves babies, then that is a good thing.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The Theosist

Have a good day.

I think you mistook us for alt-right Catholic larpers.

james03

1.  She's the best we got.  So I grudgingly support it.  In our political world, it has to be a woman because the psycho jew burning in hell was a woman.  That's reality.  So I hope she is picked.

2.  From a 40,000 ft. view, it sucks.  It sucks for her kids and it sucks for her husband, though he's probably a cuck.  When women live like men, it means you have a sick society.  I'm not exaggerating, for many young men they probably have never met a true feminine woman in their lives.  That's our society.  Sad.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Geremia

Quote from: james03 on September 24, 2020, 12:25:34 PMShe's the best we got.
She gave a JFK-like response when asked if her faith would affect her judicial decisions.
Allison Jones Rushing, who has ties to the anti-ACLU Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), is a better option.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Geremia on September 24, 2020, 12:54:05 PM
Quote from: james03 on September 24, 2020, 12:25:34 PMShe's the best we got.
She gave a JFK-like response when asked if her faith would affect her judicial decisions.
Allison Jones Rushing, who has ties to the anti-ACLU Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), is a better option.

Well, you have to. You can't believe, or at least admit, as a judge in the United States, that your religion will determine your legal decisions; that's the nature of our government. First Amendment.

Scalia taught at the University of Chicago as a legal professor, and when he became Supreme Court Justice, he would visit and give talks there. One Professor at the University of Chicago claimed that the only reason Scalia gave pro-life opinions was because of his Catholic Faith, and Scalia was angered so much that he boycotted the University of Chicago and refused to give talks there.

Despite being a legal genius, whom I really agree with most of the time, anybody who reads his opinions on the First Amendment/religion will know that his Catholic Faith obviously informed his rulings.

His own views on the First Amendment were inconsistent from an ideological point of view and are likely explained by his Catholic Faith.

He declared that Native Americans were not allowed to use Peyote / hallucinogenic drugs as their own Sacrament and the government had every right to regulate their conduct, yet he did everything he could to support Christian symbols that were put up by the government and supported carving out an exception for legislative sessions opening up in prayer.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Geremia

Quote from: Jon Doe on September 23, 2020, 12:00:39 AMIt seems a "Catholic" woman with 7 children and a husband may be nominated for the Supreme Court.

Does anyone else sense something un-Catholic about a woman and mother of 7 children devoting her life to being a full time judge and now potential Supreme Court Justice?

Is not the vocation of women to be mothers and wives? Not working long hours for the government in positions of authority deciding legal cases?

Yes.

St. Thomas Aquinas wrote in In I ad Cor. XIV, 7, 880:
Quote from: St. Thomas Aquinas[Women] are not permitted to speak, namely, by the authority of the Church, but their function is to be subject to men. Hence, since teaching implies prelacy and presiding, it is not suited to those who are subjects. The reason they are subject and not in the forefront is that they are deficient in reasoning, which is especially necessary for those who preside. Therefore, the Philosopher says in his Politics that corruption of rule occurs, when the rule comes to women.

his commentary on Aristotle's Politics, Sententia Politic. lib. 2 l. 13 n. 7 (discussing the Spartans' form of government), quoted in Popik's The Philosophy of Woman of St. Thomas Aquinas pt. 2:
Quote from: St. Thomas AquinasAnd yet it makes no difference whether the women themselves rule, or the rulers rule under the women, the rulers being subject to the women, as it were, because of the latter's insolence (insolentiam). For the same thing results either way, namely, that the political community is badly governed, since women are deficient (deficiunt) in reason (ratione). [...] the women, perhaps wishing to intrude themselves into everything, caused more disturbance than even the enemy [...] [, which] show that laxness regarding women was harmful.

Why does Trump think he has to pick a woman?