Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 02, 2017, 05:53:57 PM
YouTube videos are centered again.
It's your penance

Ill fix it this weekend/next week :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mono no aware

See, I would've thanked that post if this sub-forum had thanks enabled.  (But then, I also think we should be able to thank bans).

Carleendiane

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 02, 2017, 06:00:02 PM
See, I would've thanked that post if this sub-forum had thanks enabled.  (But then, I also think we should be able to thank bans).
[emoji14]

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Carleendiane on June 02, 2017, 06:09:38 PM
Quote from: Greg on June 02, 2017, 12:20:38 AM
It's the Macedonians.

It's the Russians
Make Suscipe Domine great again

Non Nobis

Quote from: Spera In Deo on June 01, 2017, 05:38:52 PM
The other thing that's missing is the "Pray for your Mods and Admin SperaInDeo Non Nobis" from the top right corner.

Last time I checked this is still/now missing for me.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

still getting error on login w/ top right widget on home page and have to login via login tab.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Non Nobis on June 02, 2017, 11:33:19 PM
The other thing that's missing is the "Pray for your Mods and Admin SperaInDeo Non Nobis" from the top right corner.

Same for me. Still missing....

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Christe Eleison on June 03, 2017, 07:47:05 AM
Quote from: Non Nobis on June 02, 2017, 11:33:19 PM

Same for me. Still missing....
Yes, this mod is broken and will require some alteration of code to make it work.

Mono no aware

Nothing to do with the issues (although I would like to report that YouTube videos are still, sadly, centered), but is there a sticky or a rule that addresses the need for quote-trimming?  If not, there should be.  Not to pick on a moderator, but this is unconscionable.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 05, 2017, 02:30:14 PM
Nothing to do with the issues (although I would like to report that YouTube videos are still, sadly, centered), but is there a sticky or a rule that addresses the need for quote-trimming?  If not, there should be.  Not to pick on a moderator, but this is unconscionable.

That's not so bad; I know I've seen worse than that! :)  (But maybe I'm thinking of FE.)

Quote trimming would also be helpful for repeated quotes of VERRRY long posts. Very annoying.

Of course I do these things too, but it's all right for me.  ;D
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Mono no aware

No, you're right, there have been worse instances here.  This one is slightly longer than Louis'.  You're also right that Fish Eaters had some of the most egregious examples.  I think there was one time where some posters there, imagining themselves as being humorous, were deliberating trying to see how long a quote string could get.  "People."

Gardener

I kinda like the geometric patterns the quote boxes create.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Mono no aware

I don't know.  As geometric patterns go, "rectangles within rectangles" is kind of dull if you ask me.  It's not exactly M.C. Escher or Alex Grey.

Gardener

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 05, 2017, 04:39:44 PM
I don't know.  As geometric patterns go, "rectangles within rectangles" is kind of dull if you ask me.  It's not exactly M.C. Escher or Alex Grey.

Would be kinda neat if the nesting of quotes provided a different shape each time, forcing the text into the pattern.

Squares, Ovals, etc.

It would turn absurd arguments into beat poetry.