Fr. Paul Kramer - The Coming Schism

Started by King Wenceslas, January 13, 2023, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baylee

This should provide some clarity when discussing numbers used by the Church.  We are not using "numerology".

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/11151a.htm

...although the Fathers repeatedly condemned the magical use of numbers which had descended from Babylonian sources to the Pythagoreans and Gnostics of their times, and although they denounced any system of their philosophy which rested upon an exclusively numerical basis, still they almost unanimously regarded the numbers of Holy Writ as full of mystical meaning, and they considered the interpretation of these mystical meanings as an important branch of exegesis.

Greg

There are 5 decades, so 5 Our Fathers.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

AlNg

Quote from: Greg on May 04, 2023, 09:44:15 PMThere are 5 decades, so 5 Our Fathers.

Not the complete rosary prayer.

Praying the Rosary
Familiarize yourself and/or your group with the prayers of the rosary.

Make the Sign of the Cross.
Holding the Crucifix, say the Apostles' Creed.
On the first bead, say an Our Father.
Say one Hail Mary on each of the next three beads.
Say the Glory Be
For each of the five decades, announce the Mystery (perhaps followed by a brief reading from Scripture) then say the Our Father.
While fingering each of the ten beads of the decade, next say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery. Then say a Glory Be.
(After finishing each decade, some say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy.)
After saying the five decades, say the Hail, Holy Queen, followed by this dialogue and prayer:
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray: O God, whose Only Begotten Son, by his life, Death, and Resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech thee, that while meditating on these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
https://www.usccb.org/how-to-pray-the-rosary
You have omitted the beginning prayers of the rosary:
Make the Sign of the Cross.
Holding the Crucifix, say the Apostles' Creed.
On the first bead, say an Our Father.
Say one Hail Mary on each of the next three beads.
Say the Glory Be

AlNg

Quote from: Greg on May 04, 2023, 09:00:55 AMThere are only 5 Our Fathers in a rosary. 
Bishop Barron explains how to pray the rosary.

Please note that there are 6 Our Fathers in a rosary as you can see from this video.

Greg

I'll pass thanks.  Bishop Barron does not even know how to be a Catholic.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Greg on May 05, 2023, 06:43:38 AMI'll pass thanks.  Bishop Barron does not even know how to be a Catholic.

Even this Protestant was rightfully scandalized by Barron's cowardice. "For fear of the Jews..."

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Baylee

Quote from: Greg on May 05, 2023, 06:43:38 AMI'll pass thanks.  Bishop Barron does not even know how to be a Catholic.

LOL.  When someone peddles "Bishop" Barron, then you know what you're dealing with.  However, there are 6 Our Fathers in the Rosary.  There is an extra Our Father at the beginning.  Do you pray the Rosary?

Greg

Yes, but I ignore the beads on the pendant.

AlNg

Quote from: Baylee on May 05, 2023, 11:50:23 AMHowever, there are 6 Our Fathers in the Rosary. 
Correct.
Quote from: Greg on May 04, 2023, 09:00:55 AMThere are only 5 Our Fathers in a rosary.

Here is another example of praying the rosary. I believe that there are 6 Our Fathers and 53 Hail Marys.

Quote from: Greg on May 03, 2023, 05:40:49 PM6 is the number of man/Satan

Still not sure why there are 6 Our Fathers in a Rosary and 6 candles at High Mass if 6 is the number of man/Satan.
Some say 7 is a lucky number and 13 is unlucky. But isn't numerology a form of superstition?

Julio

Coming schism means that there is the recognition of the present leadership. There is no schism yet.

King Wenceslas

A Catholic layman speaks truth to the Cardinals:

Santantonio

Quote from: Bonaventure on May 05, 2023, 10:00:33 AM

Even this Protestant was rightfully scandalized by Barron's cowardice. "For fear of the Jews..."

Barron totally misrepresents the meaning of the Vatican II documents. Nowhere do they say atheists or Jews are saved. Vatican II uses 1 Tim. 2:4 as a reason for working with men of good will in cooperation only.

Acolyte

Quote from: AlNg on May 05, 2023, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: Baylee on May 05, 2023, 11:50:23 AMHowever, there are 6 Our Fathers in the Rosary. 
Correct.

Here is another example of praying the rosary. I believe that there are 6 Our Fathers and 53 Hail Marys.

Quote from: Greg on May 03, 2023, 05:40:49 PM6 is the number of man/Satan

Still not sure why there are 6 Our Fathers in a Rosary and 6 candles at High Mass if 6 is the number of man/Satan.
Some say 7 is a lucky number and 13 is unlucky. But isn't numerology a form of superstition?

The Dominican Rosary only has 5 Our Fathers

https://thefriar.org/pray-the-rosary/how-to-pray-the-dominican-rosary/?amp

https://spvchurch.org/dominican-way-o-fpraying-the-rosary

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

AlNg

Quote from: Acolyte on May 12, 2023, 10:14:00 PMThe Dominican Rosary only has 5 Our Fathers

That is interesting. Here are a group of Catholic men praying the rosary. How many Our Fathers do you count here? I think it is six at least if you start from the beginning of the video.

Acolyte

Quote from: AlNg on May 12, 2023, 10:52:36 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on May 12, 2023, 10:14:00 PMThe Dominican Rosary only has 5 Our Fathers

That is interesting. Here are a group of Catholic men praying the rosary. How many Our Fathers do you count here? I think it is six at least if you start from the beginning of the video.

Yes, it can be prayed the more recent/common way, or the Dominican way. The Dominican way introductory prayers before the first mystery are different, using the Divine Office intro prayers. No Our Father until the Mysteries begin.

I highly doubt Our Lady sees one way or the other wrong. I'm fine with either way but when I pray the Rosary alone I pray the Dominican Rosary.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III