Saint Andrew or Father Lasance Missal, and Pre-1955 Holy Week

Started by drummerboy, February 13, 2024, 10:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

I'm looking into one of these two missals:

https://www.virgosacrata.com/catholic/st-andrew-daily-missal

https://www.virgosacrata.com/catholic/father-lasance-roman-missal

Now, I could inquire with the seller directly, but hopefully folks here have experience with both.  From the description of the Father Lasance Missal, it would seem it contains the 1945 Mass which the Saint Andrew Missal contains, but the 1955 revisions for Holy Week, octaves, etc, are added in.  Does this mean they are contained separately in the missal?  This would seem to make it the more versatile of the two missals.  The Father Lasance missal seems to have more prayers included, which would make it better suited for devotions (but my 1962 missal already fills that role), whereas the Saint Andrew appears to be a true missal - focused on the liturgy, with history and commentary for Sundays and Feasts.  What I am specifically looking for is a Missal with which I can follow the pre-1955 Holy Week liturgy which the ICKSP has permission to use.  It seems both would fit the bill.  Any input is appreciated  ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

@drummerboy I have a St. Andrew looking for a new home. $65 shipped.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on February 13, 2024, 12:06:29 PM@drummerboy I have a St. Andrew looking for a new home. $65 shipped.

Hmm...what condition?  And how would you take payment?  I'm definitely interested.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

Quote from: drummerboy on February 13, 2024, 12:56:22 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 13, 2024, 12:06:29 PM@drummerboy I have a St. Andrew looking for a new home. $65 shipped.

Hmm...what condition?  And how would you take payment?  I'm definitely interested.
I sent you a PM.
My Lord and my God.