Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeodatus

Captain America 2. An excellent film.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Petrie

Also known as 2Vermont in case you were wondering :-)

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Petrie on April 06, 2014, 08:59:46 AM
unfortunately, noah
so youll pay money to see a movie that was known to blaspheme God...but you wont go to a TLM that mentions Francis?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

zork

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 07, 2014, 10:37:05 AM
unfortunately, noah
so youll pay money to see a movie that was known to blaspheme God...but you wont go to a TLM that mentions Francis?

Leave her alone, Voxx.

Last film I saw was Ghosthouse (1987).
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Petrie

unfortunately, noah

Again, when did the Church (or a priest) tell me that I shouldn't see the movie Voxx?  Or is a random movie reviewer have more pull for you than say a sedevacantist priest?

And PS.  I haven't decided on the una cum issue, so I don't know where you get off telling me what I will or won't do.

MilesChristi

Fistful of Dollars, before that Captain América 2.

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Larry

I watched The Greatest Story Ever Told, which is one of the weakest depictions of the life of Our Lord on film. But it still has beautiful photography and scenery. This film, as long as it is, was actually butchered before release. I wonder if George Stevens original version would be better?
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Adeodatus on April 06, 2014, 12:48:34 AM

So good.  Very enjoyable.

I kind of want to see it again.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Petrie on April 07, 2014, 03:11:49 PM
unfortunately, noah

Again, when did the Church (or a priest) tell me that I shouldn't see the movie Voxx?  Or is a random movie reviewer have more pull for you than say a sedevacantist priest?

And PS.  I haven't decided on the una cum issue, so I don't know where you get off telling me what I will or won't do.
your right I was being snarky...sorry.
And I didnt know you are a lady...doubly sorry

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Petrie

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 07, 2014, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: Petrie on April 07, 2014, 03:11:49 PM
unfortunately, noah

your right I was being snarky...sorry.
And I didnt know you are a lady...doubly sorry

Thanks voxx (although your apology because I am a lady was totally unnecessary).  I'm sorry that we seem to be butting heads lately.

voxxpopulisuxx

Im on a grinding work schedule right now and I get irracible...well um ...more so than usual ;D

911!

piabee

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 07, 2014, 06:21:44 PM
Quote from: Adeodatus on April 06, 2014, 12:48:34 AM

So good.  Very enjoyable.

I kind of want to see it again.

I might go see it tonight.

Lynne

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on April 08, 2014, 04:06:35 AM
Im on a grinding work schedule right now and I get irracible...well um ...more so than usual ;D

Feast or famine, eh? I'm glad you're busy, even if irascible...  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

Last night we watched The Passion of the Christ; have not done so for a few years.

It is still wonderful for meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries, but the BVM is still so wrong.

Our Lady should have been much, much more beautiful and younger with delicate gestures. 

Still the best Christ, St. John, Pontius Pilate, and Satan and everybody else, really.  All in all, a good thing for the kids and I on a Lenten school night to cry for the love of Our Lord. 

Petrie

Quote from: Elizabeth on April 08, 2014, 04:38:10 PM
Last night we watched The Passion of the Christ; have not done so for a few years.

It is still wonderful for meditating on the Sorrowful Mysteries, but the BVM is still so wrong.

Our Lady should have been much, much more beautiful and younger with delicate gestures. 

Still the best Christ, St. John, Pontius Pilate, and Satan and everybody else, really.  All in all, a good thing for the kids and I on a Lenten school night to cry for the love of Our Lord.
I liked this Mary, but my fave is Mary from Jesus of Nazareth.