Eliza

Started by Eliza, December 26, 2012, 11:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliza

Hello to all. I'm Eliza.

I'm not sure what to say about myself. There should be an introduction interview that new members can fill out and post!

I'm an exclusive TLMer, I'm from the midwest (where it is bitterly cold right now!).

Oh and I'm 26. :)

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Eliza on December 26, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
There should be an introduction interview that new members can fill out and post!

Yeah, we definitely need a Catholic version of the Proust Questionnaire.  (Although I would opt to keep some of the questions from the original.)

All the same, Hello, Eliza!
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Eliza

I had to google "Proust Questionnaire".

I imagine a catholic version has the potential to be very comical.

And thanks for the greetings!

Mithrandylan

Midwest is best.

Welcome!

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penelope

Hey, Eliza! I'm just a year younger than you (but not from the Midwest. :-/ ). Let's be friends!  :)

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Penelope on December 27, 2012, 12:54:58 AM
Hey, Eliza! I'm just a year younger than you (but not from the Midwest. :-/ ). Let's be friends!  :)

If she's not midwest, I wouldn't trust her.

P, show us 20 dollars worth of good will and we'll let you into the cool kids club.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Mithrandylan on December 27, 2012, 03:31:36 PM

If she's not midwest, I wouldn't trust her.

P, show us 20 dollars worth of good will and we'll let you into the cool kids club.

I'll PM my Paypal account.   ;D

Non-Midwest Usage Fee!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Eliza

Ok, let's!

Eliza

I'm finally taking time to fill this out, since I am the one who suggested an introduction questionnaire, afterall!

What brings you to SD? Curiosity.

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Yes. Fisheaters and CathInfo. I'm certain my identity has already been figured out by some.  If not, well, my answers should give me away completely.

Why did you choose your username and avatar? Eliza is a nickname that I have in real life. Plus, I was bored with my username on the other two forums.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Unavailable.

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) In the middle of the US. Literally. I live but 10 miles from the geographical center of the US.

Personality type? Friendly. Curious.

Favorite books? Watership Down, nature field guides, LOTR especially the Hobbit, anything on the Saints, do it youself books.

Favorite movies? I'm pretty indifferent about movies in general.

Favorite TV shows? I don't watch TV

Favorite sports/teams- I'm indifferent to watching sports, but I'll watch KU basketball with my dad from time to time.

Have any hobbies? Cooking, fiber arts, hiking, making music, gardening, fishing,playing games, learning about and eating raw/whole foods, and many many more.

Pet peeves: rudeness, tardiness, vulgarity. And arrogance.

Fun random fact about yourself: I recently purchased my very own milk goat. :) her name is Suzie.

Sorry I did bold my answers. Too much work on a smartphone!

Mithrandylan

If I guess who you are, will you confirm if I'm correct?
Ps 135

tmw89

Quote from: Eliza on December 28, 2012, 09:09:35 PMFun random fact about yourself: I recently purchased my very own milk goat. :) her name is Suzie.

There are few pleasures in life as totally underrated as goat's milk.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Eliza

Quote from: Mithrandylan on December 28, 2012, 09:13:17 PM
If I guess who you are, will you confirm if I'm correct?

Of course.