Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 16, 2014, 11:53:41 PM
I JUST WROTE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUMMARY OF WHY ROCKY IV WAS THE BEST, GOT LOGGED OUT, AND LOST IT ALL. 

LIFE IS TERRIBLE.  WHY.  WHY.

Once you hit that logged out screen, click the back arrow and it'll take you back to your post.  Then you can copy it, log back in, and post. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Larry

I JUST WROTE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SUMMARY OF WHY ROCKY IV WAS THE BEST, GOT LOGGED OUT, AND LOST IT ALL. 

I hope you're able to find it and post it. I want to read your defense of Paulie's robot.  ;)
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Kaesekopf

I hit back.  It was gone.  :'(
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Larry S. on January 17, 2014, 12:15:55 AM

I hope you're able to find it and post it. I want to read your defense of Paulie's robot.  ;)

I will re-write it this weekend.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Archer

Quote from: Gardener on January 16, 2014, 11:56:58 PM

Hit "back" and it should be retained, copy, paste after loggin back in.

Or just do what I do: copy entire post, including quotes, before hitting reply.

I didn't see that you had wrote the same thing right before me, lol. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gerard

Wasn't that the robot "Pulsar" from the old Pulsations nightclub in Glen Mills or an equivalent model?  I remember people mentioning it in the theater at the time. 

Larry

Quote from: Gerard on January 17, 2014, 12:25:24 AM

Wasn't that the robot "Pulsar" from the old Pulsations nightclub in Glen Mills or an equivalent model?  I remember people mentioning it in the theater at the time.

I don't remember the details, I just remember the robot with the female voice and Paulie's goofy grin. I also remember the movie had an editing style reminiscent of MTV  music video's from the time. Just wasn't impressed, looking forward to Kaesekopf's review.
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

drummerboy

Rocky IV was good, but not great.  Yes, the robot was really dumb.  And when you look at all the Rocky movies, IV gets into the action way to quick; there's almost no plot.  Creed gets killed, Rocky gets angry, the Rock and the Bear fight.  There ya have it.  Plus, you can tell that Stallone and Lundgren really liked showing off their muscles in the film; if I want to see muscle boys showing off and grinning at their biceps in the mirror I'll go to a gym, thank you.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

drummerboy

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6w4XtsfyVo&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

There's a nice "gay moment" at around 1:25-1:30.  3:40 is good too: "No pain!"

Machaut1377

drummerboy

Gardener

Quote from: drummerboy on January 17, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6w4XtsfyVo&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

There's a nice "gay moment" at around 1:25-1:30.  3:40 is good too: "No pain!"

The hilarious thing about this movie, and this particular video, is that the exact opposite would have likely been the case in terms of training methods.

I believe it was, of course, to show American ingenuity and triumph over the attempt of Soviet Russia to be technologically superior. Of course, they weren't and aren't, and even if they were we'd win -- right?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

Exactly.  Where are the kettlebells? lol!

Heinrich

Quote from: drummerboy on January 17, 2014, 04:49:18 PM
Exactly.  Where are the kettlebells? lol!

Kettle bells is serious training.

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

zork

Rocky IV is the only Rocky film I've seen. I'm going to assume it's the best, because a friend threw a party for the 25th anniversary of the film in 2010 and even ordered a cake saying "Happy 25th Birthday, Rocky IV" complete with the Soviet and American gloves crashing together.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.